PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• jintyb
    jintyb Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just popped in to update my sig.
    Didnt mean to do a shop today but I was passing FF and noticed they were open, so stocked up on B&M and cans of Pep$i max for my packed lunches ( 4 for £1)Also got cooked meat and squash. Spend £8.64.

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Weekly update
    From my £60 I spent today:
    £44 on food (£36 Tesco, £8 Lidl)
    £10.01 diesel (£1.36.5 per litre up here!).
    The remaining ~£6 will be kept for milk.

Off to meal plan now.
    OS
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• suzybloo
    suzybloo Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello folks, spent £10.47 out of my £40 for the week on milk, bread, cold meat and some other little odds and ends, so not doing too badly as yet, this week,
    Every days a School day!
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    I'm trying for a NSD day today. BUT i need to make a cheese sauce for our lasagne and NO idea where to start. Anyone got a fail proof recipe?
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • Georgiegirl2012
    Georgiegirl2012 Posts: 539 Forumite
    edited 3 January 2011 at 3:15PM
    Options
    rosieben wrote: »
    here are a few threads that might be useful, including some discussion about which rice to use ;)

Rice Pudding

Rice Pudding in Slow Cooker

Can you make rice pudding with risotto rice

Rice Pudding on the hob?

Question about long grain rice/rice pudding

eta Welcome to all our newbies, MRsMC will be along add you to the front list :)

When I sorted out my kitchen cupboard i found an open bag of arborio rice. I tipped it into a container, but it didn't all fit it. So I made rice pudding with the rest - it was delicious.

Have received my first shopping order of the year in which I did a bit of a bulk buy of products that I know extra VAT will be added to tomorrow. I think I'might have enough toilet rolls to last me till the middle of 2012!!!! I need a child to move out now so I've got room to store them.

EDIT - spent £54.59 which will come out of my annual allowance, and got free delivery, saved 2.92 on multibuys, got 118 points onto my nectar card, earned £6.06 for going through My Supermarket (via topcashback) and somehow managed to get myself 105 maximile points as well.
  • Tibbie's_mum
    Options
    I very naughtily spent £37.02 in Lidl today, but this did include stocking up on a year and a half supply of dishwashing tablets, thank you to whoever mentioned they were half price today. So that's £15.12 on dishwasher tablets, £1.99 on rinseaid and £1.90 on dishwasher salt, the rest was groceries, will now try and keep away from the shops until next week.
  • wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all :) A NSD for me! Didn't get up till two because I was feeling crummy (damn the lungs...) and am still in my PJ's as it's a bit too much effort to change from them at the moment! LOL I'm being lazy aren't I? I am not sure what to have for dinner tonight.... it's me on my lonesome and feeling crapola means it may just be a sandwich or some beans on toast.

Have a good day all :) well done on all the bargains!
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • Georgiegirl2012
    Options
    Can anybody tell me how to do the crossing out thing in your signature so I can look like I'm making some progress?

Ta
  • lily288
    lily288 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone and happy new year,
    Please can you put me down for £100 for the month for myself, hubby and 4 kids, hoping this will be fine as I have quite alot of meat in the freezer etc so its only basics that I need:j
  • SuziQ1962
    SuziQ1962 Posts: 232 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there,been off and done my first shop of the year and overspent by £13.65 but will claw it back over the next couple of weeks,but have menu planned and went with a shopping list and tried really hard not to buy extras and bought SP range wherever I could,also needed dishwasher tabs and washing powder,shampoo and shower gel-hopefully those will last a couple of weeks! Am going to make this work! :-D
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No 1099 2011/£26.00:j
    Crazy clothes challenge 2012-Budget £28.90/£100:eek:
    January 2012 Grocery challenge £378.27/£240 :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:
    14/16 NSD in January:mad::mad:
    2012 Weight loss challenge -5lbs :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts