I think I know what you're all going to say here but here goes!

Options

Comments

• Skiddaw1
    Skiddaw1 Posts: 2,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I think I'd be temped to send him a FB 'friends' request. See if he responds to that.
  • SuperPikachu
    Options
    Skiddaw1 wrote: »
    I think I'd be temped to send him a FB 'friends' request. See if he responds to that.

Not now, that will be weird if he is already not messaging
  • mason's_mum
    Options
    I think I agree with this - I can't do anything, my hands are tied!
    I'll give him until Friday when then it's been a week of no contact, then I will try to call him from my work mobile (different number) or with my call ID hidden and see if he picks up.
    After that I'm definitely out of options other than messaging his mother through Facebook and telling her how disrespectful her son has been and hope he gets a b*llocking that way, or ringing him at work! - neither of which I want to (or would even dare to) do.
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    He does have a Facebook page - I actually found it a bit weird when Facebook suggested we should be friends about an hour after we exchanged phone numbers, I did view it then, but it's private - last viewable post was March 2019.
    I din't know if this is correct but my teenage daughter told me this happens if one of you has been viewing the other ones facebook page.

I'm more tempted to tell you to leave it, if you haven't heard from him within another week-ish, move on.
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Options
    Have you also considered his phone might be broken or playing up?
  • Skiddaw1
    Skiddaw1 Posts: 2,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

Just thought that if- as seems likely- he has visited OP's FB page (as he flashed up as a potential friend) it wouldn't be too forward to send a friends request. Though I see what you mean.
  • svain
    svain Posts: 516 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Spendless wrote: »
    I din't know if this is correct but my teenage daughter told me this happens if one of you has been viewing the other ones facebook page.

I'm more tempted to tell you to leave it, if you haven't heard from him within another week-ish, move on.

Its the telephone number that Facebook picks up on and suggests friends from that.
  • nicter
    nicter Posts: 300 Forumite
    Options
    svain wrote: »
    Its the telephone number that Facebook picks up on and suggests friends from that.
    I don't have a tel number linked to my account but still get friend suggestions :)
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quite honestly, it sounds like you're stalking the guy on social media.

If he phones, let the call go to messages. This will give you an idea of his state of mind. In the meantime look for new love interest, because this one doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
  • JulieElizabeth
    Options
    If he wanted to contact you, he would
    NO MORE HANDWASH GLITCHES PLEASE :D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business