Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families

I think I know what you're all going to say here but here goes! - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

I think I know what you're all going to say here but here goes!

67 replies 7.4K views

Replies

• hazyjohazyjo Forumite
    14.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it have been a holiday with his missus? Does he have a FB account you could look at (if you've not got him as a friend)?
    2020 wins: nada (yet)
  • mason's_mummason's_mum Forumite
    72 posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    hazyjo - it could have been, but the location/distance away on Tinder tallied with where he told me he would be with work. I don't really have any reason to believe he's not who he says he is.
    He does have a Facebook page - I actually found it a bit weird when Facebook suggested we should be friends about an hour after we exchanged phone numbers, I did view it then, but it's private - last viewable post was March 2019.
    I think I just need to accept that for whatever reason he's not interested anymore and although he should have had the guts to tell me, he didn't. it's hard though - I know we weren't serious or anything but I genuinely thought he was a nice guy who wouldn't do something like this.
  • pickledonionspaceraiderpickledonionspaceraider Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had this happen a few years ago, and have never really quite gotten over it, in terms of not knowing what went wrong

I met a guy, and we went on 6 or 7 dates - and it seemed to be going really well. He went away with work, and kept up contact during his tour, and then when he arrived back in the UK, he ghosted me

It really hurt and every now and again, I will wonder what happened.

When he landed back in the UK, I tried to contact him a couple of times, and then realised. I didn't keep trying.

Now, years later, I suspect he was already in a long term relationship OR met someone else that was better.

I just wish he had the balls to let me know. Even being text dumped is better than ghosting, gives you some closure

I feel your pain Masons Mum.

I don't know what to suggest my love, other than walk away, head high with your dignity and if you happen to bump into him again, treat him like a stranger
    With love, POSR <3
  • Comms69Comms69 Forumite
    14.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 10 days away he may have things to catch up on in life. Whether that,s house things, or just getting head together or whatever.
    72 posts
    thanks pickledonion, I'm sorry you had to go through it too, thankfully I didn't waste that much time and energy here, I expect you were feeling 100 times worse than me right now! at least we're unlikely to bump into each other in everyday life!
    72 posts
    Thanks Comms69. I wondered that too, maybe I'm being too needy too soon?
    But really, how long does it take to read a message and write a reply saying "I'm going to be busy for a few days, get back to you soon" I can see he's been active on WhatsApp so obviously picking up other messages. good to hear another perspective though.
    14.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Comms69. I wondered that too, maybe I'm being too needy too soon?
    But really, how long does it take to read a message and write a reply saying "I'm going to be busy for a few days, get back to you soon" I can see he's been active on WhatsApp so obviously picking up other messages. good to hear another perspective though.

Personally i always reply if i remember.

In terms of needy? Not particularly, you've been apart for 10 days - even if it was just a few dates, there's an implication that for those 10 days there's no chance of a casual drink or whatnot.

The reality is that sending another message now would not be a good look. So all you can do is do nothing. Set a line in the sand for how long you're prepared to wait and then be done with it. - I'd give it until Monday personally, gives the weekend as free time for an activity.
  • bertiewhitebertiewhite Forumite
    1.9K posts
    1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Are hazyjo and I the only ones who think he's married?
  • SuperPikachuSuperPikachu Forumite
    344 posts
    Fifth Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭

Maybe, there are many possible reasons why he hasn't replied.
    14.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a bit of a jump, i mean it's possible sure.

It's only been 3 days