Apple Finance?

Options

Comments

• thelittleone
    Options
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone had had any experience of appealing a decision from BPF? I'm a student and at the minute work an hour and a half short of the 16 hour threshold that Barclays have for full time student applications.
  • boris-the-blade
    Options
    Sorry know it's not strictly relevany but...

I wouldn't recommend buying a Macbook right now.

The new Ivy Bridge Processors are about to be launched this month.

Also, there is also a strong chance that Apple will release a completely new Macbook Pro during their WWDC conference next week.

I would personally suggest waiting a few weeks - just to see what happens.
  • Maestro.
    Maestro. Posts: 1,518 Forumite
    Options
    I remember being interested in buying an Apple product on finance a good 3 to 4 years ago now, and I remember the rep in store actually telling me that I'd be better using a credit card than their own finance!
    Oh, you wee bazza!
  • clayton02884
    Options
    Hey Guys!

So i'm a student, work part time at ASDA, bring home about £300 a month, dont have any bills just my DW gym membership which is a direct debit and applied for a new macbook air, 24 month finance plan around £45PM. anyway, i applied got provisionally accepted. but by the sounds of everyones posts most likely i'll be declined. fingers crossed i don't.
    i'll let you know how i get on anyhow!

ALSO how are us students actually meant to get AF? on the criteria it says you must be in full time employment? even when i get my apple student discount... strange.
  • Sammyjade92
    Options
    Hey!

I applied for BPF whilst being a COLLEGE student, and got accepted.

I still lived with parents, had one other D/D going out, earnt £300 a month and I pay BPF £38 a month.

I got finance, and I have never missed a payment.
    Apple don't ask for proof of income, I told them I earn £6000 P/a

;)
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    I must admit I got my apple imac & mac air on finance but got mine through HFC finance in 2009 when they were doing finance for currys & pc world and glad I did as I went on a windows the other day round my pals and it was horrible.
  • jo-jo_1
    jo-jo_1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi I would just like to post my experience on ordering through apple uk via barclays finance

Order date through apple store 29/04/2013

Staus initally provisionally accepted

I waited a day and then rang barclays finance on 0844 811 9129 and the told me I had to email 2 forms of id/address so I emailed them my driving licence and a council tax bil dated within the last 3 months

After about an hour I recieved an email telling me they had made a decision and had to click on a link to view it and enter a password they sent to me

Now i would say my credit score was poor I have 1 credit card that I recently got and a few years back never really managed my credit well at all but to my suprise I was accepted and was then prompted to digitally sign the forms and then I got an email confirming it had been approved.

So just awaiting them to pay apple which it said would be withn 1 day and my macbook pro 15 retina display will be here soon .

Thanks Jo-Jo
  • anoncol
    anoncol Posts: 982 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, what crazy person would get in debt to buy a PC?
  • greenlightluke
    greenlightluke Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    anoncol wrote: »
    Wow, what crazy person would get in debt to buy a PC?

Me. And i never had a problem with it. Took it out over 2 years - ends in 2 months time and the Mac is running as smoothly as it did 2 years ago. I'm happy with the experience. Never missed a payment - credit rating has improved and I have the Mac I wanted.
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Me too. 10 months interest free, I have the cash but why pay for it all up front?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure