3 Retention Deals

Options

Comments

• gromituk
    gromituk Posts: 3,087 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you to both of you. I won't be getting a Sony Ericsson on principle while it continues to use those silly proprietary memory cards.

Either I got an uninterested agent or I'm just not as favoured as you two - do you ever go over your allowance, mutley74?
    Time is an illusion - lunch time doubly so.
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gromituk wrote: »
    Thank you to both of you. I won't be getting a Sony Ericsson on principle while it continues to use those silly proprietary memory cards.

Either I got an uninterested agent or I'm just not as favoured as you two - do you ever go over your allowance, mutley74?

agree with the SE memory cards...but iwill check ou the prices on Deal Extreme.
    As all new 3 phones have a 14 day return policy if the phone has not been used, i will probably just see what the phone looks like if i get time at the weekend in a phone shop ( i know should have done this before)...as the C903 does have better camera and music features.

allowance - dont think i have ever overused my allowance, if so they have standard charges apply to the txts/mins.
  • gromituk
    Options
    Thanks - my point was that they make more money out of you if you go over your allowance, so they're more likely to be keen to keep you with more tempting offers...

Interesting that the 903 has no video call camera - not that I use it but I get the impression Three used to insist on these.
  • mutley74
    Options
    gromituk wrote: »
    Interesting that the 903 has no video call camera - not that I use it but I get the impression Three used to insist on these.

the Nokia 6700 does not have the feature either..which is interesting..as they still offer 25mins free video calling. good feature but only used it a few times when i could see & speak to my kid when my ex partner would let me.
  • gromituk
    Options
    :(

Yes, you're right. You can still video call using the main camera but it's rather a one-way conversation!
  • gromituk
    edited 28 July 2009 at 8:23PM
    Options
    Well I've called them again (more than once, as I also called to report a security problem with their website and was persuaded to be transferred to the upgrades people a second time). I just get the derisory £1.37 off per month for a Nokia 6220 on Mix and Match 300 (after I said I didn't want a touch-screen phone). No wonder the guy was so keen to get me to take sign up there and then - I hadn't had a chance to see how little the discount was. They wouldn't explain, of course, why some accounts are offered better deals than others despite keeping within the allowances. The person to whom I reported the security problem said that the offers can change from day to day so keep trying. Have received a PAC but don't suppose it'll have any effect.
  • captaindaniel
    Options
    I made another call to 3 today about my upgrade,trying to get the E71 on £20 texter cheaper than new customers would get it but they weren't budging today, will be 30 days before my contract ends next Tuesday and if they won't move down on the price will ask for my PAC code and give 30 days notice, not looking forward to that call! If they do move on price then will either go to orange and get new HTC Hero phone or stay on cheapest rolling contract I can find and wait for Nokia E72 to come out, not decided yet.
  • bdb303
    bdb303 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Just had the retention department on the phone after cancelling my contract. I'm very keen to have 12 month contract instead of an 18-month one, but they said it isn't possible. Yet when I read the messages here it seems they do? Is it only for certain handsets or are they just taking the p1ss? I really want the Nokia 6700, anyone had any deals for this?
  • mutley74
    Options
    I am furious…Three charged me £20 for a Nokai 6700 and renewed my contract promised me a new handset to be delivered yesterday. Phoned them and they told me they cancelled the new handset delivery but the contract renewal still applies. They tried to offer me a different handset but I refused ……..
    DAK if the Three stores can offer the same contract renewal offers?

p.s. you can ask for a 12mth contract but you need to pay a small extra charge of around £20-30 depending on phone.
  • gromituk
    Options
    Is the contract still £5 per month? I suppose it doesn't make me feel so bad that they offered me nothing. What did they offer you instead and for how much?

Three have been fraudulent with me too. Two nights ago when trying to get the deal you were offered (or just any handset at all on the present contract) I got the hard sell on another handset at more than three times the price per month, as I posted, telling them I never signed up on the spot and I would get back if I wanted the deal. Today I got a text message saying the handset would be delivered today! Of course I've called them and I've cancelled it. They told me to reject delivery or I might be charged a return fee! Fortunately it hadn't arrived at my work so I could warn goods in. I've also given notice on my old contract - bad customer service is one thing, but fraudulently upgrading contracts without permission is quite another.

I think the point in keeping these old contracts is not to make them any money but is to stop customers defecting to the competition.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure