Powergen !

Options
14567810»

Comments

• pinkkipper
    Options
    Just watch out for which version of Powergen you are with...

I started with Amerada - was transfered to Powergen by them, moved house where powergen was the supplier but is NOT the same powergen (with me so far?)
    I was making payments to Powergen (aka east midlands) and getting demands for payment from Powergen (AKA TXU).

I thought I was on the "energyonline" account but just checking on their website I can only find my old (TXU) account.-
    To confuse things I have just received a letter telling me that I'm getting an increase in costs which suggests that Im not- But I dont get a paper bill and only get an email telling me to check the website for my latest - Confused? - I am :-/.

when I work out what my costs are I will be hitting the Uswitch website.
    Pinkkipper
  • loon_2
    loon_2 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    have you called powergen to enquire about this?
    Beware the green?
  • darkfour
    Options
    Found out from Energyhelpline that Powergen hadn't accepted my application...no reasons given though. Anyway they resubmitted it for me and this time it was accepted...trouble is it was after the price rise announcement and I can now get a better deal elsewhere.

Phoned Powergen in the cooling off period to cancel the switch and went back thru energyhelpline to Scottish Power

fingers crossed for this switch!
  • loon_2
    loon_2 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    did you sign up for the capped prices. if not you'll probably be switching in new year.

with regards to your pwergen application, did you call them to enquire as to why the transfer did not go through. you may find that its energyhelpline who are at fault and therefore liable.
    Beware the green?
  • pinkkipper
    Options
    have you called powergen to enquire about this?

Powergen seemed as confused as me when I called them - apparently I was having all of the disadvantages of the online version (i.e. no paper bill) but all of the higher costs for not being online- Passed me through to their online department who hummed for a few mins before agreeing to put me on the online tarriff backdating to september and recalculating my bill - Uswitch on hold (for now)
    Pinkkipper
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport