Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Wow, that seems so quick ( I'm sure it doesn't feel that for you) for the decree nisi. Does the finance part have to be agreed before the absolute or does the court make a judgement if papers are still to be filled in by the ex?

Hope the report writing goes well...chunks of 10?

That's great that you have an invitation from your sister.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news about your sister, plus you get out of cooking and out of the house - yay!

Get you, Ms Popular at Christmas!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening all :hello:
    I've been quite busy all day but have made plenty of progress with jobs - although I still haven't managed to make myself write any Year 11 reports. However...

[STRIKE]:p tutoring 1[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:p tutoring 2[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:p catch up with bestie[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:p catch up with my mam[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:p write y7 test[/STRIKE]
    :p write y11 reports
    [STRIKE]:p mark 2x y9 tests[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:p put recycling out[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:p 3 loads of washing[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:p finish last blanket square[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:p assemble blanket[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:p blanket border[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:p washing up[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:p tidy up[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:p hoover through[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:p track everything I eat[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:p sort fridge[/STRIKE]
    So the reports go to the top of the list for tomorrow night - I have a full teaching day tomorrow so no hope of any being done during the day. I am quite pleased that I've managed to do everything else as well, plus I made banana bread with some almost black bananas and have put some stuff up into the loft. I will call this weekend a success.
    Loads of people have said that the divorce has been quick HSL - it's felt like for ever to me. It takes me a long time to make a decision but once it's been made I want it sorted out asap, and I made that decision in April - so 7 months feels like for ever to me. I have an appointment to see my solicitor on 3rd December. I think the Decree Absolute can go through without the finances being done - earliest date for that is 5th Jan and I'm going to make sure that it is applied for then. I don't know exactly what my options are with ex playing ostrich and hiding from everything but I intend to find out. I'm not surprised but I'm really upset/angry that he's still managing to control things by doing nothing. However, I'm happy to leave it all in the hands of a judge to sort out. I'll fight my corner and get as much as I can - I don't think that he realises just how accommodating I've been so far, and I have no intention of letting him get away with hanging onto the house by doing nothing.
    Not much else to report this end - lovely afternoon catching up with my mam, then watching a Christmas film with the kids. Think the festive mood is finally starting to catch up with the kids.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Go you! Very productive. If you're anything like me, you'll feel much better for getting through that list.

I say do chunks of 16, that way by the time Friday comes you've only 14 to do and you can enjoy the weekend.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening :wave:
    Very quick check in from me as I need to write some reports. Managed to get 15 done in the gap between the end of school and getting home so I was thinking I should get some more done while I'm feeling half motivated.
    Full teaching day, vile behaviour at school. I can't believe I still have 4 weeks before the hols. However, I got the blanket finished and given to the Head and he seemed to quite like it, so that's good news. :D
    NSD. Too close to payday and too close to overdraft limit to be anything else really.
    Other than that, life goes on.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I must admit I do not envy you your job CCL :eek: It's easy to understand why people are leaving the profession - apart from the fact that there isn't enough given to education to pay them! :mad:

In the 'old days' ie when I was at school (:o) the idea of vile behaviour was incomprehensible. Teachers, and the police, have had their hands tied when it comes to controlling bad behaviour, and the result seems to be kids who think they can (and do) get away with just about anything, God knows what the results will eventually be.
    Hope you manage to get some more marking done, without driving yourself mad. (((hugs)))
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have been watching 'School' & boy has it opened my eyes.
    The malarky with budgets apart from everything else.
    The behaviour & the rest.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Must be the day for it...pretty poor behaviour here today :(

Well done on making a start with those reports:T
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I apologise on behalf of all parents

I must say when the smalls are released from the school doors at the end of the day, they are all hyped up to the 9s and are being made to sing carols all day, They are going stir craxy. They are not allowed to play football at breaktime in case they get muddy, so they are playing tag and it just winds them up further.

I suppose the biggun's are not wanting to burn off energy by being outside at breaktimes and with it being darker earlier they are not getting out much after school either. Plus, if it is anything like mine, they are all gearing up for mocks (yr 11) and pre-options tests (yr 9s) and they are getting stressy about the whole thing.

Friday is the last day of November, the end is in sight!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    78 reports done and dusted :dance:
    I am both pleased with myself and completely relieved. I actually think that's the worst part of the job. However, today has been another tricky day with behaviour, and sickly kids, and lack of motivation. Plus I woke up this morning with a sore throat and a definite beginning of a cold so I couldn't be bothered either.
    There are always a few badly behaved kids in school, but there has been an awful lot of change there recently with lots of new kids coming in. So the classes are huge, workload is almost unmanageable and the new kids are testing boundaries, while the old kids are unsettled with everything that's going on. I keep trying to tell myself it's only temporary but there isn't really an end in sight in the short term, just got to keep going.
    I had been planning to stay at work a bit later tonight to catch up on a few things, but ds came home from school in tears with a headache (he goes to school near where I work) so we came straight home and he's gone straight to bed bless him. Hopefully he'll be ok tomorrow because at the moment the thought of a day off is more stressful than the thought of dragging myself in...
    Nothing else to report - nothing from ex, no money and still hiding a bit from Christmas. My shopping is just about finished though so that's ok. I just need to hold onto my sanity and not go wild spending money I don't have as Christmas gets closer.
    Onwards...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport