Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• erin_transport
    Options
    Fantastic movements on the legal front. So pleased that the system allows for the likes of this scenario where not engaging or acknowledging the situation doesn’t halt the process. You’re doing a great job. Onwards and upwards ccl!
    On a mission!

2018 & 2019 MFW #138

On babystep2 (#DR)
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you have a relaxing weekend and get to see your mam / bestie.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning all :coffee: :hello:
    It just gets better and better... my cold has turned into a nasty, chesty cough that makes me almost pee myself approximately 10 times an hour. Oh the glamour of being older, overweight and unfit. I was in bed before 10 last night and slept as well as I can under the circumstances. I've been up since 5 this morning though, but hoping for a nap later on if I need it. I have no major plans for the day other than to get the house decorated for Christmas. I've already brought the tree down and put the lights on it, and am leaving it for the kids to decorate... the cats are already showing an unhealthy level of interest though - more this year than usual.
    I also sorted through 'the Christmas Cupboard' of doom which took far longer than it should have done, but I have more Christmas stuff for the kids than I thought. Just need to continually remind myself that the kids don't need more stuff, and I'm not a bad mother for getting them a few things they will love rather than loads of tat that looks like a lot.
    Managed a bit of Christmassy Crochet in front of the telly last night - I have a crochet advent calendar (ordered in August thankfully when I still actually had money to spend) and am hoping I can be bothered later to open box 1 and make whatever decoration it is. For the moment though I just need another cup of tea and a little snooze I think.
    No further divorce news - no letters for me, and no word from ex but I do think it has been a very productive few days since I got ill.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Don't look at me like that, ok?, just a warning.

1. Rub chest rub on the soles of your feet and put warm socks on at bedtime. It will really help the cough -:o I told you not to look at me like that! :o I discovered it when the smalls were babies. I don't know how it works, but it does.

2. Get on with your pelvic floor exercises!!

Apart from that I am sure you will have a lovely weekend:rotfl:
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl: f0xh0les :rotfl::rotfl: Pelvic floor engaged, but never fully recovered from childbirth.
    I had to go out earlier because I'd run out of Sudafed. Took myself off to Mr A where there is a pharmacy to buy more drugs... and WHAT an experience that was. It is the first of December for goodness sakes - why did I have to queue 20 minutes just to get into the car park?
    Thankfully I was in and out in less than 5 minutes but it was like Christmas Eve in there - so busy! And I have a £7.50 box of Day and Night Nurse which had better be worth every single penny.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,147 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Aww, sorry to hear you are still poorly, CCL. I've never given birth but I have had a big gynae surgery in the past. Oooh, I was given so many pelvic floor exercises to do afterwards, I could have cracked a walnut 'down there' by the time I'd finished. So boring to do though, like all exercises which require heaps of repeats. Hope you start to feel better soon. I know what you mean about shoppers. Sainsbury's was crazy this morning.
    The crochet advent thing sounds fun. Maybe you will feel up to tackling today's project when you've had a rest x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    What a brilliant idea, a crochet advent calendar.

Hope you are feeling better soon.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,466 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you feel more like yourself really soon :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Good morning :hello: :coffee:
    I am worshipping the God of Day and Night Nurse today because I feel almost human again. Still have a rattly chest but I can breathe without coughing and I got a restful night last night. So much so that I am going to tackle tutoring this morning - I had to cancel yesterday's session, but I can't really afford to cancel today as well without good reason.
    I don't really have any other plans - I haven't even been able to think straight the past few days so I haven't thought about things I need to get done. I'm still going to try and take it easy though as I don't want to wear myself out again. I need to finish the washing, tidy the house a bit and see if I can bother myself to do a bit of cooking this afternoon.
    I also need to make some time to speak to another adult at some point. It's been a few days since I saw or spoke to another adult human on a social level, and that is starting to get to me a bit. I love a bit of quiet time, but too long in my own thoughts is no good for me. I may be introverted but I do like a chat. The stuff I've done in relation to the divorce while I've been ill has stirred up a lot of thoughts again, particularly in relation to 'domestic abuse'. I never, ever thought of his behaviour as abusive at the time, but others around me have - and the police thought so when they were here... The more I think about it, the more I think he used his illness as an excuse to behave the way he did and doing nothing turned out to be just as controlling as if he had been aggressive and shouty. It's very hard for me to accept because I see myself as quite a strong person, and don't like to think that I fell for that behaviour over and over again... Ah well. I will work through it in time, and at least I'm doing something about it now.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Don't ever fall into the trap of thinking that because you are a kind, caring , nurturing human being that it is a weakness.

He was manipulative.

You are right, you are a strong person. You were keeping your family together. You were making things work. You were making allowances and making your family dynamic work to the best of your abilities. You held this together. While holding down a full time job and juggling 2 kids. While someone else was working against you.

- So, no more talk of 'falling for it' - he is manipulative, that is on him.

Hindsight is 20/20. No beating yourself up about it please.

Hmm - are crochet voodoo dolls even a thing?
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport