First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, I hope you're OK CCL xx
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6923.98/£15,000 XMAS: £607.21 CAR/HOUSE: £550
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I am ok thanks - thank you both for thinking of me. I'm just busy. I really wanted to get this blanket finished by today but I think it might be another 4 days if I work at top speed. So I've been working all day and crocheting all night. Not even going online on an evening. It's the Head's birthday today so I gave him a card and told him that the present will follow - he'd better like it after all this effort :rotfl:
    Work is utterly manic. I've mentioned a few times that we have a lot going on at the moment there. It's a very long story but basically we've had over 50 new students into the school since September. This will be great in the long run, but short term we're finding it quite difficult as a staff. Some class sizes are 34, workload is massive and the behaviour is starting to go downhill a bit. On top of that we seem to have more supply in than usual so that also doesn't help behaviour wise... I have really struggled today and it's been a long time since I felt that completely disheartened about the behaviour there. I will need to speak to the Head about it but decided that his birthday wasn't the best time to do it.
    Still no word from ex, and he hasn't been in touch with the kids either which I find sad. Particularly for ds who says he misses his dad... but I am not going to keep chasing him. I'm going to make another appointment with my solicitor and start moving things on from that end. I'll get there sooner or later.
    Other than that there's hardly anything to report. My insomnia is back with a vengeance so my mood is starting to dip a bit. I will keep plodding though because I'm always ok in the long run :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,467 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Plodding is always good xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    One calendar month until holidays!!

Next weekend is 1st December.

You are doing brilliantly.

Hugs to DS.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    I will keep plodding though because I'm always ok in the long run :D
    Never forget that CCL.

Hope things pick up in work and perhaps once you raise it with the Head that there are some potential solutions. I hope you get a good nights sleep soon.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope work improves soon - perhaps the Christmas spirit might start to pervade soon. You're doing really well with keeping your head above everything, and I know that takes a great deal of effort, so take time to realise how well your are doing (and from reading here I know that patting yourself on the back doesn't come naturally either).
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Thanks all of you - it means a lot to me that you take the time to reassure me and remind me I'm doing ok, because I'm not great at reminding myself.
    Another tough day at work. It's not pleasant. I spoke briefly to the Head and he is aware of the situation but I think he's in a very tough situation himself at the moment. There is no real short term solution but he's trying to give little bits back to the staff where he can (he let us go half an hour early today which was lovely).
    We (school staff) also had a surprise birthday party for the Head after school tonight. It was really good fun and a welcome break to everything else that is going on at the moment. I even won 'pass the parcel' :rotfl: Real old school 1980s kids party - even a foil hedgehog with pineapple and cheese. Nice to have a bit of a break. We are supposed to be in at work until 4.45 on a Wednesday but as I say, he let us leave at quarter past four, which made a lot of difference.
    All of the squares are done for the blanket - now just need to assemble it all and put a border on. It has been stressy.
    Also made an appointment with my solicitor for a couple of weeks, just in case my ex thinks I was joking when I said I would push on without him. Looks like it's time to start fighting...:(
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy Thursday!!

Forget anyone else, you know what you want, you know where you are going. Timescale is a bit wibbly-wobbly, but you have a plan and you are carrying it out.

Apart from that, it is December next week.

A cause for celebration?
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Well I just had to google 'foil hedgehog with cheese and pineapple'. There's something I thought I'd never do.

Glad you (and your colleagues) were able to relax for a bit and it sounds like the Head is trying.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure