Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,478 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »
    I learned it when I was 15 years old, Beanielou, while on school German exchange fortnight. We made this in our German cookery lesson, but with a pineapple ring. I've made it ever since & have also used apple rings & pear slices (with goats cheese) so I can't see why peaches wouldn't work too x

Thanks for sharing :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening all :coffee: :hello:
    Thanks for all the fantastic ideas about what to do with these peaches. I may try some, or all of them. Even more lazy foxgloves - my mam told me I could just add sugar to a pack of short crust pastry mix to make a crumble top (I found 2 packs of that in the cupboard as well). I love marzipan as well :p so many good ideas. I will wait until the weekend at very least though, and they've been in the cupboard for this long so a bit longer won't matter.
    So, my washing machine is fixed. :j It did need a new part, and apparently my mam got a long lecture on the importance of descaling appliances. I've already done a load of washing, and the new spin is so fast that it has completely destroyed one of my bras (I know I shouldn't put them straight in the machine but lesson learnt). Four more loads to go... As for descaling - I think I'll try stuff like lemon juice or vinegar before I go for the high end stuff from school that might actually destroy the machine :rotfl:
    Another evening of marking - 2 hours tonight but all of my exams are now marked. The to-do list is going down a bit, but now I've said that it will probably go up again tomorrow. Feel like I'm getting quite a bit done this week, I've written 2 exam papers, marked 5 sets of exam papers, done my performance management and even marked a set of books.
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The peach and chickpea curry, from A Girl Called Jack recipe book, is really nice.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good news on all the marking & paperwork.
    & of course the washing machine :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy New Washing Machine!!

Boo to destroyed underwires- why did he not lecture your mum on the importance of not skewering your new machine with your underwear???
    Wrong lecture on the wrong day.

When your financials are sorted, knicker shopping should be on the list!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    *trying hard not to ask why bra's get destroyed in washing machines....!!!*

Keep up with the productivity and getting that list down. You'll feel better for it.

You managing to use up your chilli jam btw?
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope that you have had a good day.

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    *trying hard not to ask why bra's get destroyed in washing machines....!!!*

Centrifugal force in relation to CCLs fancy skimpy undies.:rotfl:

A tiny wisp of material is no barrier to reinforced steel underpinning.

A marvel of modern engineering.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    F0xh0les - you really crack me up, you're so funny. I wish I could wear fancy skimpy undies but imagine a hippo wearing a bikini... Yes, the force of the spin twisted the bra, and unfortunately the underwires don't twist so eventually the fabric twisted and tore off the wires. I wouldn't care but I'm not a small girl so they're quite sturdy usually :rotfl:
    So, yesterday I found out that the Head has a big birthday next week. I am desperately trying to crochet him a Star Wars related gift now, but I'm up against it time wise. Wish I'd known a few weeks ago. I didn't come on here at all last night, and I'm just about to get back to it now. It will be worth it though.
    Nothing else to report really. All quiet from the ex, and my solicitor. :(
    Work is busy and just about manageable.
    I'll be back on properly once I feel more confident about the amount of crochet I can do in a small amount of time.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Ahhhh, right, understood. Every day's a school day.

May the force be with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport