🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,221 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Such a nuisance your legal stuff is being held up, CCL. Hope your text does the trick.

Re your tinned peaches mountain.....one of my friends used to make peach crumble using tinned peaches. It was surprisingly.nice, esp with custard! I know you don't much like cooking, so for easy crumble, you only need to weigh the butter 6oz. Rub it into 9 heaped tablespoons of self-raising flour & stir in 6 rounded tablespoons of sugar (pref demerara)..Use it to top abput 2lbs of fruit. It needs about 35 mins at Gas 5 & will serve 6 people (or two if one of them.is my husband......)
    Or you could drain off the juice & make a peach & ginger upside down cake?
    Or I suppose you could add them to smoothies?
    Still thinking........
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    I was also going to suggest a peach crumble or peach cobler. Or peaches and ice cream?

My makes this chicken and peaches dish too. But I'm one of those who don't tend to like the sweet and savoury mix, but everyone else seems to love it!

Sorry to hear about ex but you're defo doing the right thing, don't forget that.
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Ooooh peaches! I remember my mum making peach and marzipan puffs. Can't remember the details exactly but it involved puff pastry squares about 6"x6", the peaches and a strip of marzipan are laid on the diagonal from one corner to the other and then the 2 free corners are folded in to meet in the middle. Once cooked in the oven you can eat them hot or cold!
    Look a bit like this when done...
    search?view=detailV2&ccid=96dg0ohV&id=480612688BFC3E950877C574D3C43DEFC3A307FB&thid=OIP.96dg0ohVcuedgXkjwj6cnQHaFj&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2flh3.googleusercontent.com%2fJVP_542kCbwGFoVbnCcDb1u3PUw4WwJ6ZdHaiUWraWrZ6RdzLpsCrTf_mobc9TY7Z4kj_ov5NsyyJmleVhFglw&exph=384&expw=512&q=peach+and+almond+puff+pastry&simid=608015853977538251&selectedIndex=197&ajaxhist=0
    Or there is peaches in jelly, a peachy trifle, peach strudel, peach tart, peaches with oats/nuts and honey on yogurt.

Mmmm, I'm hungry now!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I love a good cupboard inventory.

Peaches and puff pastry work really well, marzipan is optional, but dead easy to find in the shops at the minute, and will be vastly reduced in the fortnight before xmas as eveyone who makes their own Xmas cake will be done with it by then and the s/m will be panicking about what the f*** they are going to do with the masses of marzipan left over on the shelves.
    Also, jus-rol vol-au-vent cases are in her0n at the minute. £1 for about a million.

Peaches are also really good with chocolate sauce and ice cream. For when you are looking at the left over Christmas mountain of gifted chocolate you dont actually fancy eating. Melt and drizzle.

Best thing about them is that they sit quietly in the cupboard and are there when you fancy them.

Re: Ravioli tins - decant into tupperware and they make a quick 'ping' lunch at work - if you have access to a microwave at work.

I love the Star Wars crochet stuff!

Do you have crocheted baubles?
    I normally wouldn't ask a lady, but then I am not a gentleman:rotfl:
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Sayschezza
    Options
    Open sandwich on nice bread, lettuce, cottage cheese and topped with peaches.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,758 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I just read 'crocheted baubles' as 'crocheted babies' and had to slow down and read more carefully... Just as well I'm not a proof-reader...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • foxgloves
    Options
    Or fruity flapjacks. Press half the flapjack mixture into the tin, add a layer of very well-drained peaches, cover with remaining flapjack mixture & proceed as normal.

Or salsa to serve with grilled meat or fish, etc. Drain a few peaches, chop with some red onion, chilli, herbs &/or spices of your choice.

Or fancypants cheese on toast - toast, cover with slice of ham. Then 2 or 3 drained peach slices, then some sliced cheese - flash under grill till cheese melts. I could eat that.now......
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Fancypants cheese on toast sounds just lush :drool:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • foxgloves
    Options
    I learned it when I was 15 years old, Beanielou, while on school German exchange fortnight. We made this in our German cookery lesson, but with a pineapple ring. I've made it ever since & have also used apple rings & pear slices (with goats cheese) so I can't see why peaches wouldn't work too x
  • foxgloves
    Options
    P.S - It had to be something very simple as the lesson was entirely conducted in German!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport