Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Thanks dreaming.
    Your right, I have slipped back into old ways.
    I will try to be more careful.
    It is not my intention to cause issues, it is my pressure cooker letting off steam, and I just tend to write as I feel and think.

I have finished babysitting for Biggest and have come home. DS is not working again so I have left him to put the boys to bed, and come to lay down on my electric blanket as I did 7.4km walking between everything today and I am regretting it as I have ceased up now.
    On a plus side Dgd has started to tidy her bedroom! Without an argument.
    Long may she listen to her teacher!

I have some curtains coming in to be lined tomorrow, and I forgot to collect the lining from my Mums, so I will have to dash across to get it as soon as the customer has been and get back to sew them as it is a same day turnaround required.
    I am a glutton for punishment!
    I also didn't manage to get to the accountant so have to fit that little gem in tomorrow too.
    Will I ever be organised!! ?
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Another 5.15am wake up and unfortunately both were awake within minutes. So an hour of trying to distract them and keep them from waking up the rest of the household.
    I have a single duvet cover full of dirty clothes that Dgd dug out of the abyss of her room as she started to clear her room last night. Guess what I will be doing between sewing jobs today and tomorrow then.
    I asked DS to wash up as said it wasn't fair to except Dgd to do it when we were not here to eat it, and she was attacking her own room.
    Unless he miraculously wakes up and does it in the next few minutes all he has done is stack them on top of the cooker so the sink is clear!
    I dreamt last night that I had an argument with him and gave him 24 hours to get out. So it shows how my subconscious is going.
    My patience is running out.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    My patience would have evaporated a long time ago.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That is the way I think things will go, SS - and this time, don't let him back :-( He's not going to learn any other way, is he?
  • dreaming
    dreaming Posts: 1,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks dreaming.
    Your right, I have slipped back into old ways.
    I will try to be more careful.
    It is not my intention to cause issues, it is my pressure cooker letting off steam, and I just tend to write as I feel and think.
    I dreamt last night that I had an argument with him and gave him 24 hours to get out. So it shows how my subconscious is going.

I did wonder whether to say anything as I do get that this is a safety valve for you and I would hate for you to lose that, but not sure how social services might view things.

Re the dream - it sounds as if your mind is telling you that things really do have to change now. It is good that you are escaping to your room when you have the chance to but really you shouldn't have to shut yourself away in your own home. It is something I did when eldest and partner moved in with me after they were made homeless and they got passed back and forth between housing (borough council) and adult social services (county council) with neither authority willing to act. I really resented it though as although my place isn't very big or luxurious I did consider it my little castle and I often felt like getting in the car and just driving away where no-one knew me. Things came to a head one day (due in part to their behaviour) and I exploded and told them they had to get out in 4 weeks. They went back to the council and finally got somewhere to live - temporarily at first but they are now in a council bungalow specially adapted for partner's wheelchair. I sometimes wonder whether they would still be here if I hadn't lost it that day.

Well done to DGD for making the effort with her bedroom.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    I've been thinking about your room Ss and the comfy corner. I like my own space at some point during the day. I know if the little ones head in that direction when they wake early you try to get them back to their own. I would be like the broken record and say that's grannies room , they have their own and so does dgd and keep yours as a no go area. Throwing your things and screaming as they did the other morning is wrong and I think you need to be clear about that.

Hope you get to see the accountant and get the curtains done. Not so bad when it's just lining.

If the help is maintained with dgd she'll hopefully be able to keep on top of her room. Of course there'll be times she doesn't I know that well from when my three daughters were her age but every little helps and being accountable to school will probably make a difference..

When ds doesn't wash up or do what he supposed to he's sending out the wrong message. Although he's an adult it's possible the three children only see you as the adult as you're the one actually adulting.

Did you manage to rescue the pan following the pasta debacle? If he does something like that again he needs to be the one scrubbing it not you.
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • fozziebeartoo
    Options
    Another 5.15am wake up and unfortunately both were awake within minutes. So an hour of trying to distract them and keep them from waking up the rest of the household.
    I have a single duvet cover full of dirty clothes that Dgd dug out of the abyss of her room as she started to clear her room last night. Guess what I will be doing between sewing jobs today and tomorrow then.
    I asked DS to wash up as said it wasn't fair to except Dgd to do it when we were not here to eat it, and she was attacking her own room.
    Unless he miraculously wakes up and does it in the next few minutes all he has done is stack them on top of the cooker so the sink is clear!

SS I have the utmost admiration for you, I really do.

But why are YOU trying to keep the little boys quiet???

You said DS didn't work so HE needs to keeping his children quiet so you and DGD can sleep/have peace.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    SS I have the utmost admiration for you, I really do.

But why are YOU trying to keep the little boys quiet???

You said DS didn't work so HE needs to keeping his children quiet so you and DGD can sleep/have peace.

I agree with this. When he hasn't worked taking the children downstairs to him means more chance dgd wont be woken and if you're lucky you can catch a bit more sleep.

Those dreams are your frustrations coming to the fore when you should be getting undisturbed sleep to help you through the day ahead. I'm a great believer in listening to your body and mind.
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I am off to bed.
    Managed a bit of sewing, finally got to the accountant , and managed to take Mum out as I needed lining for some curtains so she came with me and then we had lunch in Dunelm.
    Also went to the pub for a bite to eat with my friend for a couple of hours.
    Now I am definitely going to sleep.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    A mini lay in! Dgs2 woke at 5.45 and unfortunately so did dgs1, they crept into my room and straight to Google! Mind you they are so occupied there hasn't been a word out of either of them, and it's keeping them occupied.
    I will have to wake Dad as he has a course to go on and I am sure he needs to leave soon.
    ( and if not he can help me).
    Only dgs1 and Dgd need school today, but both in opposite directions so I really need Dgd to be ready for dropping off first as she can be early but Dgd can't.

I actually enjoyed lining the curtains yesterday and think I would have stayed in the cabin sewing longer if I hadn't arranged to meet my friend for a meal and a drink in the pub. I hope that means I am getting my mojo back. Perhaps going around the fabric shop with my Mum helped. It got us talking about sewing and Mum even said she must do more embroidery. Brilliant as she hasn't sewn since she was ill in October. (Or was it September, cannot remember now!), oh well never mind.
    No sewing today though as just dgs2 and myself between 9-3.
    Bit of playing , reading and maybe a shop for nappies.
    At least after the school run it should be relatively calm.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback