PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Littlebobo1981
    Options
    mutley74 wrote: »
    who offers that? Would it not work more expensive? I mean DL only quoting £250 B&C (whereas it was £220 last week). so not a massive increase.

vendor has been asked by his sol to pay £130 just to sign a letter confirming no access restrictions! they are not happy.

Your vendor needs to suck it up !

You have a cooling off period is what i was referring to, so you can take the policy and then cancel it ...we went with Aviva in the end, not cheap but covered us against any issues we might have with the building works ( rewire etc) going forward
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    who offers that? Would it not work more expensive? I mean DL only quoting £250 B&C (whereas it was £220 last week). so not a massive increase.

vendor has been asked by his sol to pay £130 just to sign a letter confirming no access restrictions! they are not happy.

Just get insurance that has a 14 day cancellation no fee clause, then get cheaper insurance that starts in 10 days and cancel the old one when it starts (if that makes sense).

I had halifax before xmas - which I cancelled as we didn't exchange in the end.
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your vendor needs to suck it up !

You have a cooling off period is what i was referring to, so you can take the policy and then cancel it ...we went with Aviva in the end, not cheap but covered us against any issues we might have with the building works ( rewire etc) going forward

Direct line said they cover refurb work inc electrical work, just not structural works. Note Esure don't cover for anything except for decorating even if the house is occupied at the time.
    Even in the cooling period DL told me they still charge an admin fee to cancel the policy.
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    Direct line said they cover refurb work inc electrical work, just not structural works. Note Esure don't cover for anything except for decorating even if the house is occupied at the time.
    Even in the cooling period DL told me they still charge an admin fee to cancel the policy.

Top cashback have cashback for DL if you go with them :D

I can't stop checking my emails, even though my phone beeps when I get one :o
  • BlueTwiglet
    Options
    Looks like there's a lot of positive movement here! Making me feel rather optimistic.

My solicitors emailed me today to confirm they had heard back from the management company and had sent the details to our buyers solicitors. As far as they are concerned, that should satisfy all enquiries so hopefully we'll be talking exchange/completion dates soon!

Hang in there JaneyLouWho! The slight delay might give the weather a chance to improve for you to enjoy the balcony!
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Top cashback have cashback for DL if you go with them :D

I can't stop checking my emails, even though my phone beeps when I get one :o

found it a bit cheaper with Privelege insurance via comparethemarket (which are same as DL).
  • FloppyDisk
    Options
    Some days you wonder if people actually want to sell their properties.

Lots of good news for people today along with the annoying. :T

I wonder this every day!
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • Midwifelife
    Options
    Still not exchanged today as our mortgage company has not got back to our solicitor about the releasing of funds 😩
    It's driving me insane not having a confirmed completion date as I have two weeks off next week. I was planning to use them to sort out the new house but its eating into that the more the completion date gets pushed back.
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    I'm currently willing my email to ping with a message from my sol.

I don't think it will happen today. :(
  • chazzab
    chazzab Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    I'm currently willing my email to ping with a message from my sol.

I don't think it will happen today. :(

Same :( Mine shuts at 5 (well the phone lines do) so I am starting to think it wont be today either. I think we will still meet our proposed completion date if we exchange tomorrow but I didnt want another day of waiting and staring at emails.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback