Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• DarrenJInglis
    Options
    I find you get the best deals by leaving and coming back as a brand new customer (i've done that every time my deal expired as they couldn't do better).

I rejoined Sky TV yesterday for the Variety pack plus movies.

Variety pack has 60% off so only £12.80/month
    Movies have 60% off so only £9.20/month

No minimum contract term, so we can cancel anytime. Which is perfect for me as I only want the movies for over Christmas really, then they'll be going.

Pretty good deal i reckon.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,514 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I find you get the best deals by leaving and coming back as a brand new customer (i've done that every time my deal expired as they couldn't do better).

No minimum contract term, so we can cancel anytime. Which is perfect for me as I only want the movies for over Christmas really, then they'll be going.

How long were you "switched off" for ? General consensus is that you have to leave for 12 months to get a new customer deal:(
  • spikescot2005
    Options

Where do you find new customer deals like this?
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    How long were you "switched off" for ? General consensus is that you have to leave for 12 months to get a new customer deal:(

this is wrong! General concensus is you cancel, let the TV switch off, then call or chat to them and generally you'll get 75% after a bit of haggling - you may also get lucky and get anythign from £25 - £100 cash on top if you ask.

This is the thread you should be reading:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5310751&page=67
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Where do you find new customer deals like this?

They're not 'new customer deals' despite people keep calling them this, they're deals for returning customers who have been turned off for a bit. There's also no guarantee whatsoever that you'll receive this offer btw.

The 'new customer deal' for Variety at the moment is 22% off for 18 months plus a minimum £20 setup fee.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    shaggy wrote: »
    this is wrong! General concensus is you cancel, let the TV switch off, then call or chat to them and generally you'll get 75% after a bit of haggling - you may also get lucky and get anythign from £25 - £100 cash on top if you ask.

This is the thread you should be reading:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5310751&page=67

this is wrong! :p

12 months or so ago you would be correct however at the moment at least Sky are playing hardball. There seems to be a harder stance on anything over 50% regardless of circumstances and they're few and far between (if they even exist).
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    this is wrong! :p

12 months or so ago you would be correct however at the moment at least Sky are playing hardball. There seems to be a harder stance on anything over 50% regardless of circumstances and they're few and far between (if they even exist).

fair enough. Its how I got my current deal of £18.50 a month for everything inc sports and movies and £50 cash on top. No contract :) When that runs out in a few months Im happy to be without Sky until such time they play ball and give me a deal Im happy with :)

I'm guessing they keep track of comments on forums like this and have decided to play hardball, plus they will probably have met their targets so arent bothered right now at customer retention.
  • johnwb89
    Options
    When I spoke to Sky the other day they had a sale & I upgraded my package.

I now have;

Fiber Broadband
    Box Sets
    Sky Sports HD Package
    Sky Original Bundle

for £45 a month, which I'm pretty happy with!
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    edited 19 November 2017 at 4:55PM
    Options
    Just phoned Sky to ask when my 50% off TV deal expires. She told me that my deal had been incorrectly taken off. She is going to give me a call back later this afternoon, when they have sorted out the fiasco.

I am going to raise a complaint when she calls back and ask for compensation or a GOGW.

Sky have extended my rolling contract for another 12 months:beer::beer: !
  • spikescot2005
    Options
    Currently i'm being offered 50% off although thats not 50% off the current website displayed prices. TV gets cut off in a couple of days so will wait and see what happens.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback