NST September - A Simple September

Options

Comments

• shabbychic12
    Options
    I've managed 2nsd's and today will be a low spend day £5 for yoga. Been tough being back at work and now they are planning the Christmas night out where currently the venue and meals are all around £50. This doesn't include the obligatory new outfit, shoes, hair, drinks or a taxi so doesn't meet my frugal life style. They know l'm miserable but lve said l won't be going.
    Count down to retirement 2023
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    NSD No 4

Not too much happening today. Just a bit of this and that. Trying to follow what's happening in Westminster and getting more and more confused.

Shabbychic12 - I gave up going to Christmas nights out years ago. So expensive and to be honest I didn't really enjoy them all that much.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a good day at work, for a dry day, for getting my workout done, for dd enjoying school (only 2 days in, but all good so far...), for bacon, for good coffee, for catching the not-quite-so-monster-as-the-other-ones spider very easily, for getting 2 bags out to the Sally Army and not buying anything there despite them having a sale.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Gentle day today, as I am trying to shake off a virus, but I have made a crumble from garden fruit and dried a load of washing on the line - and not spent anything, meaning I am on NSD3 :D
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening :wave:
    Congratulations for the mention on the email dolly :j
    Hope it's been positive news at the vet greent
    And I hope that you're feeling better too sasha.
    Just a really quick check in tonight from me - I'm beyond exhausted and have had a couple of really busy nights where I've had to bring work home. It's quite tough to get back into the swing of things after the summer break. One of my Year 11 reminded me that it's 'only' 7 weeks and 1 day until half term - I actually felt like crying :rotfl:
    I have reached 4 nsd's but have spent a bit today on a top up shop, MaccyD for the kids (celebrating ds being elected vice captain of his house at school) and a memory stick for me to back my school work up onto.
    Other than that I'm just desperate for the weekend to arrive and get a bit of a rest :cool:
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Another SFD. A gentle day as promised but bending down seems to have become much easier (ie possible) so did some tidying in my room. Second go through on my sewing and embroidery stuff as when I first did it, I later found odd embroidery threads, buttons, ribbons and needles everywhere so had an extra box of bits to sort into the already sorted ones.

I have recommenced several pieces of embroidery that had been put aside and have really enjoyed it. Sitting sewing and listening to a Terry Pratchett audio book. Not rushing, no sudden movements but gentle progress.
    Found a couple of things that will be gifted to other people.

Ate cheese spread and crispbread twice and other food was from the freezer and cupboards. Want an early night as I'm going with mum to an early appointment then going back to her's to sort cans and plants (left them all soaking in a tub of water).

Today i am grateful for rediscovering the joy of needlework, finding a new pleasure in audio books and finding special things for special people, at no cost to me.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Today was NSD2, went volunteering, made a simple supper, and have been communing with Kirsty MacColl and Kate Bush. Very strange mood today.

Congratulations on DS being elected captain of vice CCL.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • PheoniX
    PheoniX Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    It's been a very simple start to September this week - bed to work but have chalked up nsd number 4. Starting to run low on staple things like bread, milk and potatoes but going to try and hold off for a couple more days if I can.

Day off tomorrow and looking forward to spending quality time with babycat :D
    Grateful for a good friend for doing midday checks on puss this week while I've been at work, for warm welcomes on coming home after long days and for a cosy bed to rest my weary bones!
    :D Ninja Saving Turtle :D
    SFD 1 Food 0 Fuel 0 Fun 0 Misc 0
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Still on 1 NSD as went to Asda to get the 30 cans for £21 offer for DH but sold out. Some other brands on the offer so DH had them instead.

Picked up a few bargains from the boshed and bashed shelves. They must have been having a clear out from round the back as there was lots of stuff.

Had a chat with the recruiter for 1 of the jobs I applied for this week and she is going to put my CV forward.

Battery for the hoover arrived. DH fitted it this evening and it is working again :T
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Deni_debt-free_dreamer
    Options
    Evening all, still on zero NSDs - paid for pilates course today but that was the only spend. Ate all meals from stores. FT job mega busy as covering for boss who is off at the moment; also people keep coming into see me at lunchtime which is annoying! Determined to get a lunch break tomorrow and get some fresh air. Really enjoyed pilates session - new venue and we had to do it facing a mirror but it was good to check my posture … Had nice chat with DD1 and looked at how photos from summer - lots of nice memories :)
    nite all
    Deni x
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family