Vodafone broadband - good, bad?

Options

Comments

• Spir4
    Spir4 Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ah okay thanks :)

So I should just keep bugging them until they find it?
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 November 2018 at 7:34PM
    Options
    Spir4 wrote: »
    Ah okay thanks :)

So I should just keep bugging them until they find it?

If it is a line issue then yes, but it can take a long time to find.

REIN = Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

SHINE (not SUNSHINE!) = Single Isolated Impulse Noise

These are both terms used by Openreach, your line provider.

It could also be congestion somewhere in your ISPs infrastructure, but probably unlikely.
  • mrs_scrooge
    Options
    dibatyjo wrote: »
    I have signed up to Vodaphone deal but how do I claim the £75 Amazon voucher?

Details will be sent to you 120 days after purchase (it's in the email from Decision Tech)
  • mrs_scrooge
    Options
    Anyone else signed up to the Vodafone Amazon voucher deal and got the paperwork through saying the contract is 24 months when it should be 18 months?
  • Spir4
    Spir4 Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation!
  • pocketslint
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have just signed up with Vodafone BB (Installed next week) on what was an 18 month contract. I have just received a letter confirming my connection next week, but it states that this is a 24 month contract. TBH I was happy with the 18 mth as it is very cheap, so long as there are no major issues, and similarly I am happy to stay with the 24 mth for the same reason. I just hope i am still as happy this time next year, and I don't see why I shouldn't be. I just thought I should post this as some folk may have a different opinion to a 24 mth contract.
  • mrs_scrooge
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have just signed up with Vodafone BB (Installed next week) on what was an 18 month contract. I have just received a letter confirming my connection next week, but it states that this is a 24 month contract. TBH I was happy with the 18 mth as it is very cheap, so long as there are no major issues, and similarly I am happy to stay with the 24 mth for the same reason. I just hope i am still as happy this time next year, and I don't see why I shouldn't be. I just thought I should post this as some folk may have a different opinion to a 24 mth contract.

Same has happened to me. I have contacted Vodafone via webchat and they have confirmed 18 months contract, said it must be a typing error. They advised me to keep the transcript of the webchat.
  • john-306
    Options
    Only had the letter come today, luckily it says 18 month contract so won't have to phone them up and potentially compromise my cashback.
    Fingers crossed.
  • biba.doa
    Options
    Somehow I managed to miss the latest £75 cashback deal and placed an order yesterday without it. Do you think I could cancel and order again straight away using the cashback deal?
  • shenidan
    Options
    Poor service and product. Avoid at all costs.
    I believe Vodafone UK are advertising a guaranteed broadband speed or money off. This is termed "the ultimate broadband guarantee".
    *DON'T BELIEVE IT FOR A MINUTE*
    Guarantee based on Sync speed is of no use to man or beast.
    The Sync speed gives no guarantee to actual broadband throughput.
    So you can be syncing at 30Mbps/7Mbps as your throughput will vary from 30Mbps during the day to 3.5Mbps every evening (as mine has done from day 1)

Vodafone support takes literally hours to get through to.
    They ask you to swap routers, to use a test socket, disable wifi and unplug all devices.
    The same poor speed occurs.
    They will then blame Openreach for a "Red Cable Link Issue"
    If you push them they will quote your contract "sync speeds" are being provided as per contract.
    You will find yourself constantly repeating the same information to each support pleb
    They will ask you to run the same tests over and over again.
    BTW don't bother with online chat they have restricted access to your account and very little skilled knowledge. They even gave me a ticket reference number which wasn't even a ref number, it was my account number.

Their complaints procedure doesn't give you a reference number to use.
    You are given an option to write to them which takes 7 days for a response.
    Or you can fill in an online form for which you will not receive a single response.

Avoid at all costs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport