crippling back digging the garden and doing Zumba

Options
what a joke the woman near me digs her garden and posts on facebook she's been Zumba classes for over 6 weeks, but yet she's been decline yet another back op as there is nothing they can do for her..... she walks around with a stick or rides on her mobility scooter, or is flying about in her mobility car... i wish i could afford to buy all the latest gadgets, apply for 4 venues at the Olympics for the family of 4..... looks like benefit is best................

Comments

• pwales_2
    pwales_2 Posts: 523 Forumite
    Options
    if you have FACTS she is a con well report her!

if you are just a nosey interfering neigbour get your green eyed jelous envy filled empty life out of her buisness

its not rocket science what you need to do
  • Tehya
    Tehya Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    Here we go again.

OP do you actually have a question or is this just more bile aimed at those of us who are unfortunate enough to need to apply for DLA.
  • Chorlie
    Chorlie Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    If what you say is true then report her and she will be investigated.

But only do it if you know you are 100% correct...
  • daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    karenmay33 wrote: »
    what a joke the woman near me digs her garden and posts on facebook she's been Zumba classes for over 6 weeks, but yet she's been decline yet another back op as there is nothing they can do for her..... she walks around with a stick or rides on her mobility scooter, or is flying about in her mobility car... i wish i could afford to buy all the latest gadgets, apply for 4 venues at the Olympics for the family of 4..... looks like benefit is best................

It sounds as if you're jealous that you don't have the zest for life this lady does. Here's some inspiration for you... CLICK HERE
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • jennie-jack
    jennie-jack Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    i once tried an aqua fit class and i get dla.

i dislocated my knee doing it but i still tried it. id be upset if someone was calling me a fraud for trying to get on with things.

i look fine. like a normal young fat chick, doesnt mean im not in pain. sometimes i think it would be better for everyone if i used a wheelchair to make them feel i deserve it.
  • intranicity
    intranicity Posts: 394 Forumite
    Options
    i look fine. like a normal young fat chick

:D

Easters coming, sure there are loads of people that would live a nice plump chick ;)

And totally agree with your other comments too
    Opinions are like bottoms - We all have one, just some stink more than others

Service Attributable Pension - War Pension - War Pensioners Unemployability Supplement - War Pensioners Invalidity Allowance - War Pensioners Comforts Allowance - War Pensioners Mobility Allowance - War Pensioners Child Allowance - Housing Benefit - Council Tax Benefit
  • karenmay33
    karenmay33 Posts: 167 Forumite
    edited 2 April 2011 at 4:08PM
    Options
    following the advise i have chose to report this person

as i'm a home carer who works in the community with genuine disabled people, i strongly feel this person is a fraud....

i doubt very much i'm jealous, it's just with all the government cut backs it's the genuine disabled people who will lose out to fraudsters like my neighbour, if the people who have replied are genuine disabled people you should think how people like my neighbour will affect you financially.

If you currently receiving home help for personal hygiene, shopping cleaning ect the price of the service is rising, your funding will stay the same so YOU will be expected to pay the difference from your benefit..
  • wattdallas
    wattdallas Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options

as i'm a home carer who works in the community with genuine disabled people, i strongly feel this person is a fraud....

i doubt very much i'm jealous, it's just with all the government cut backs it's the genuine disabled people who will lose out to fraudsters like my neighbour, if the people who have replied are genuine disabled people you should think how people like my neighbour will affect you financially.

If you currently receiving home help for personal hygiene, shopping cleaning ect the price of the service is rising, your funding will stay the same so YOU will be expected to pay the difference from your benefit..

Karennmay , yes you would think all GENUINE disabled people would agree and say frauds are wrong but not here i hasten to add ,you will be told oh they have hidden disabilities etc etc .

Im glad you have reported this person .And im sorry for the nasty comments you have received.:)
    Mum/carer to Dallas who has Aicardi Syndrome,everyday i look at you makes my life fulfilled.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options

Judge, jury and executioner - I hope you are not so judgmental with your clients.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • eskimo26
    eskimo26 Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=i+gardening++good+for+the+back&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=ZVR&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB%3Aofficial&q=i+gardening++good+for+back+pain&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=db7c2d9de3eaa8cb
    I have a bad back/knees/ankles/elbow, vertigo, etc. Can I still Zumba?

Please let me know if you have an injury or condition that may cause some discomfort! The steps can be modified for your safety. If you have not exercised in a long time, please see your doctor to obtain clearance to start classes. Zumba can be intense, so go at your own pace and listen to your body! Take a break when you need one! You don't have to keep up with everyone else your first class! Don't overdo it, we want you to have fun and come back!

Zumba Gold® Classes – The Zumba Gold program targets the largest growing segment of the population: baby boomers. It takes the Zumba® formula and modifies the moves and pacing to suit the needs of the active older participant, as well as those just starting their journey to a fit and healthy lifestyle. What stays the same are all the elements the Zumba® Fitness-Party is known for: the zesty Latin music, like salsa, merengue, cumbia and reggaeton; the exhilarating, easy-to-follow moves; and the invigorating, party-like atmosphere. Active older adults want camaraderie, excitement and fitness as a regular part of their weekly schedule. The Zumba Gold class is the perfect fit. It's a dance-fitness class that feels friendly, and most of all, fun.

In your line of work you must have heard of occupational therapy? It helps the disabled by engaging them in activity. With the right help any disabled person can be active and have it be a benefit to their health.

Gardening can be part of the programme as can a reduced zumba programme such as zumba gold. What do you do with the disabled people you care for? Have them stare at a wall all day? Or worse the TV?

I'm surprised at your attitude given your line of work but i can only take you at your word (despite your original post sounding irrational and bitter despite what you say).

I suppose it can't do any harm, if her back is so bad that surgery isn't even an option anymore she should pass with flying colours.

Keep us updated if possible and don't discount activity for the disabled no matter how strenious it may appear to the layman.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure