crippling back digging the garden and doing Zumba

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• davsidipp
    davsidipp Posts: 11,514 Forumite
    Options
    STOCKWIRE wrote: »
    When did I mock ?. I have not judged you or any other disabled person with visible or hidden ailments. At the same time you have judged me as
    being able bodied. I don't take much notice of the media, I see things with my own eyes and am old enough to form my own opinions.
    The so called media witch hunts and the attitude of atos is a result of the level of fraudulent claims. Reduce them and every would be so much better off. If people have their suspicions it is much better they report it to the proper authorities, rather than turn private eye themselves.

If there was a family of adults living next to you, who you knew were all "unemployed and claiming benefits" and you saw them leaving every morning in working attire, would you ask them if they were "working" before reporting them ?, Would you follow them to get proof ?, or would you turn a blind eye and wish them well. If the later no doubt at some stage you would become envious of their lifestyle.
    if the family next door were out of work personally id mind my own business unless they told me and if i saw they were wearing "work attire" i would not always assume they working they might be helping someone out the trouble with this dobbing in is too many assume too much and dont always know the full story.as for followig them why would any sane person do that let the dwp do their job.
    Before you point fingers,make sure your hands are clean !;)
  • Anubis_2
    Anubis_2 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Options
    Likewise disabled people should be thankful there is a benefit system
    (which could be better) instead of wallowing in self pity and always relying on the emotional argument.

After such a comment, I have nothing else to much to add. The OP could have approached the person and talked about their disabilities to find out facts first. For all they know they could be suffering withh cancer.

My point is the OP did not know all the facts and may have caused untold stress to the person and their family. I suffer pain throughout my whole body equivalent to stage 3 cancer each and every day.

As for using the emotional comment, I wonder how many have had severe toothache and get
    stressed, emotional and worked up about it? Severe pain causes a variety of emotions and changes your life forever when you suffer everyday. like I said, Karma is a b....... And you do not kniw what pain or limitations anyone suffers without experiencing a day in their life. This report was made off assumptions due to jealousy, nothing more.
    How people treat you becomes their karma; how you react becomes yours.
  • wattdallas
    wattdallas Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    Anubis wrote: »
    After such a comment, I have nothing else to much to add. The OP could have approached the person and talked about their disabilities to find out facts first. For all they know they could be suffering withh cancer.

My point is the OP did not know all the facts and may have caused untold stress to the person and their family. I suffer pain throughout my whole body equivalent to stage 3 cancer each and every day.

As for using the emotional comment, I wonder how many have had severe toothache and get
    stressed, emotional and worked up about it? Severe pain causes a variety of emotions and changes your life forever when you suffer everyday. like I said, Karma is a b....... And you do not kniw what pain or limitations anyone suffers without experiencing a day in their life. This report was made off assumptions due to jealousy, nothing more.

Why would anyone be jealous of a genuine disabled person ?
    Mum/carer to Dallas who has Aicardi Syndrome,everyday i look at you makes my life fulfilled.
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    davsidipp wrote: »
    if the family next door were out of work personally id mind my own business unless they told me and if i saw they were wearing "work attire" i would not always assume they working they might be helping someone out the trouble with this dobbing in is too many assume too much and dont always know the full story.as for followig them why would any sane person do that let the dwp do their job.

My smart attire could be classed as work attire.....I wear it often to school meetings as I like to present myself well to those who I am dealing with in regards to my children.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • clemmatis
    clemmatis Posts: 3,168 Forumite
    Options
    stockwire

Fact. 30,000 people in Wales are kept on incapacity benefit because there is no work for them. Not reported in the gutter press but by the labour lead welsh assembly

FACT: this is well known, it happened across the whole of the UK, a government wanted to disguise the extent of unemployment so pushed people on to IB.

FACT: it's government fraud.
  • starchild1972
    Options
    I echo this.

Also most (all?) local authorities have an assisted collection service for people who struggle with putting the bins out. And, at least in my area, you don't have to be in receipt of DLA, a doctor's letter, or a letter from another professional with knowledge of your condition will suffice.

Unless you have a teenage daughter then the council will tell you SHE can hulk a full wheelie bin (kitchen scraps, cardboard and garden stuff) up and down steps!
  • NotSoWise
    NotSoWise Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    Unless you have a teenage daughter then the council will tell you SHE can hulk a full wheelie bin (kitchen scraps, cardboard and garden stuff) up and down steps!

Yes and? I expect my children to help with household chores as they learn that way. Or is she disabled in which case I agree that she may not be able to do this.
  • clemmatis
    clemmatis Posts: 3,168 Forumite
    Options
    STOCKWIRE wrote: »
    I can't believe the negative attitude towards someone who is trying to do right. This Saturday I watched Blue badge holders park and run to and from our local supermarket to avoid getting wet. At least 50% of the people parking and displaying badges did not have a problem with mobility. But that's OK as nobody misuses the "blue badge" and the people sprinting must have hidden disabilities or are partaking in exercise to aid their recovery.

So the next you want to park and manage to find a free disabled space, just remember to thank the "jealous grasser" .
    Only fraudsters should be worried about being reported . Genuine claimants have nothing to hide.

stockwire, I've seen a number of posts here by people who think a neighbour's committing benefit fraud. Usually, replies are split, and usually, I'd say, posters who don't think the neighbour should be reported immediately, are, still, not hostile to the poster. I, personally, was, in this case, put off by the OP's apparent jealousy.

(I am a benefit claimant. I get LRC DLA. Just for the record.)
  • Anubis_2
    Anubis_2 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Options
    wattdallas wrote: »
    Why would anyone be jealous of a genuine disabled person ?

Because the OP posted about the disabled persons car etc, and stated that because they can not operate on her back to make it better that "i wish i could afford to buy all the latest gadgets, apply for 4 venues at the Olympics for the family of 4..... looks like benefit is best................"

Simple case of jealousy - even an uneducated person can see it.
    How people treat you becomes their karma; how you react becomes yours.
  • starchild1972
    Options
    NotSoWise wrote: »
    Yes and? I expect my children to help with household chores as they learn that way. Or is she disabled in which case I agree that she may not be able to do this.

Household chores are one thing but having a wheelie bin out before 6am down 7 very steep steps (which the OT won't sanction changing because M.E. isn't a real illness and CRPS doesn't exist and I use crutches so don't need it. Seems she forgot about moving a powerchair up and down the steps but hey! That was BEFORE the cuts, what a joke) when it is full is no fun.
    They do chores but they also all have hypermobility at one level or another. (Family curse, If I had known I had it sooner I would have not had kids)

Also 3 out of 4 of our children are home educated and remember the big fuss Ed Balls made about home educated children being used as nothing more than domestic slaves? We do! (DD2 is 10 and is about to start GCSE Astronomy) For a while many home ed parents were terrified to let their kids be seen doing ANYTHING domestic in case it got reported as "domestic slavery" believe me there is always some nosey s*d who will do it just for fun rather than for concern.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure