Sub Prime Credit Card Club

Options

Comments

• Tori_Bellatrix
    Tori_Bellatrix Posts: 1,307 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    One thing I don't like about Aqua is that you can't service the card online ... It's basically a Halifax card provided by Aqua so I'm surprised about that ..
    :happylove Tori Bellatrix :happylove

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sophy wrote: »
    Perhaps you can help me with Cap One had the credit card back in 2000 @£400 limit stupidly maxed it and stopped useing it but paid direct debit every month minimum thinking it was enough to cover bill got statements every month until 2006 then nothing to tell me I was over the limit until I called them to ask for a settlement figure it had gone up to £900 but when I paid it off and asked for the statements for the last 6 years only got until 2006 and then the last payment anyone know what to do next please thanks
    Hi Sophy, the statements should be available from 2002/3, I am not an expert on this particular subject but their are many people on here who could help you, but I would get a full breakdown of how this debt has escalated as high as it has, but on your statement it should tell you if you are over your limit, I know that my Capital One statement shows me every detail of my account.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • dannynixon
    dannynixon Posts: 418 Forumite
    Options
    Perhaps you can help me with Cap One had the credit card back in 2000 @£400 limit stupidly maxed it and stopped useing it but paid direct debit every month minimum thinking it was enough to cover bill got statements every month until 2006 then nothing to tell me I was over the limit until I called them to ask for a settlement figure it had gone up to £900 but when I paid it off and asked for the statements for the last 6 years only got until 2006 and then the last payment anyone know what to do next please thanks

Not quite sure what advice you are after...
    LBM - 30/07/09
    Started DMP in Oct 2009, went wrong. Due to start new DMP in March/April 2013. Bring it on!
    :beer:
  • sophy_2
    Options
    Capital one have only sent me statements up to 2006 I have repeatedly asked over the 2 years for statements from them but have been accused of lying, that I have not been sent them and telling me they have ,in the meantime my bill went from 400 to £900. when I requested a settlement figure I was told I owed almost £900 I paid them off and have requested all of my statements to claim and they have sent up to 2006 and then the statement for me to pay £900 in 2008. I guess I was hoping someone could tell me how to get the missing 2 years of statements that I am supposed to have been sent, and which they say I have had but on requesting them they have not sent. which to me means they never did send them otherwise they would have sent them with the rest, hope this is not too confusing but please help Thanks:confused:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just thought I'd chip in as I'm an ex sub primer!

I had Barclaycard Initial, Capital One Classic and Vanquis for a couple of years.

I found Vanquis customer service to be the best of the bunch, polite, courteous and with a UK only call centre, although I was pi**ed off when the alternative number I got from 'saynoto0870' stopped working and I had to use the 0870 number! Plus the lack of online servicing was a nuisance.

Capital One's online servicing was good, but didn't provide for online debit card payments - but hey it's so easy to pay from online banking it's no real bother.

Capital One and Vanquis both upped my credit limits consistently, but Barclaycard reduced it twice!

Anyway, they all did their job and I can at last get mainstream cards. I'm just pleased they all gave me the chance to prove that I can manage my money properly.

Cheers all,
    UNDERGROUND :D
  • Tori_Bellatrix
    Tori_Bellatrix Posts: 1,307 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just thought I'd chip in as I'm an ex sub primer!

I had Barclaycard Initial, Capital One Classic and Vanquis for a couple of years.

I found Vanquis customer service to be the best of the bunch, polite, courteous and with a UK only call centre, although I was pi**ed off when the alternative number I got from 'saynoto0870' stopped working and I had to use the 0870 number! Plus the lack of online servicing was a nuisance.

Capital One's online servicing was good, but didn't provide for online debit card payments - but hey it's so easy to pay from online banking it's no real bother.

Capital One and Vanquis both upped my credit limits consistently, but Barclaycard reduced it twice!

Anyway, they all did their job and I can at last get mainstream cards. I'm just pleased they all gave me the chance to prove that I can manage my money properly.

Cheers all,
    UNDERGROUND :D

Good post. Thanks Underground

Capital One have recently updated their website and you can now make online payments. I tried it but to be honest I still find it quicker to send a BACS payment via Citibank. For some reason it only takes about a day to get there :confused:
    :happylove Tori Bellatrix :happylove

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.
  • wyebird
    wyebird Posts: 755 Forumite
    Options
    Capital one have only sent me statements up to 2006 I have repeatedly asked over the 2 years for statements from them but have been accused of lying, that I have not been sent them and telling me they have ,in the meantime my bill went from 400 to £900. when I requested a settlement figure I was told I owed almost £900 I paid them off and have requested all of my statements to claim and they have sent up to 2006 and then the statement for me to pay £900 in 2008. I guess I was hoping someone could tell me how to get the missing 2 years of statements that I am supposed to have been sent, and which they say I have had but on requesting them they have not sent. which to me means they never did send them otherwise they would have sent them with the rest, hope this is not too confusing but please help Thanks:confused:
    If any of the charges were over £12 and you write and ask for them back, then they automatically offer to refund the difference between the fee charged and £25( I did that on a closed account, it was only 2 where the payment was a day late, but £26 is £26 :-) )
  • wyebird
    wyebird Posts: 755 Forumite
    Options
    You don't have to list them either just ask for them all back.
  • Gillianh2
    Gillianh2 Posts: 773 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PROLIANT wrote: »
    Do you have a poor credit history of defaults etc?

A couple of defaults and 1 ccj all due to drop off within the next 6/8months:eek:
    :j I have a persecution complex. Everytime I pass a shoe shop they persecute me till I buy them:j
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gillianh2 wrote: »
    A couple of defaults and 1 ccj all due to drop off within the next 6/8months:eek:
    Just hang about till then, wait until your slate is clean, trust me. ;)
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure