Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Official Race for Life 2007 thread

Options

Comments

• Chrissi
    Chrissi Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    I will be running again in 2007 - am going to try to get a team together with all my Ann Summers girls.
    Consumer Pulse - £140 Debenhams & £20 HMV vouchers - so far.
    Lightspeed panels - £130 Paypal so far!
    Ipsos Panels - £20 Boots vouchers - so far!
    Valued Opinions - £10 Amazon voucher - so far!
    :T
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    gib, found out what they wanted, they are contacting everyone one who ran, and are asking you to sign up for a direct debit payment for breast cancer.

I had that call too but the bloke on the phone was lovely and even though I said I couldn't afford it at the moment, he was nice as anything and just thanked me for everything I'd already done for them by running the Race for Life..
    Now that's the kind of cold call I like...one that brightens up your day :)
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • GiveItBack
    GiveItBack Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know. I wondered if it was something like that.

GiB
    for more info check out www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk . You'll find me there.
    New Year's Resolution: Post less unnecessary posts. (and that was 2007)

yes, I realise I may appear cold and heartless a lot of the time.
  • Icemoose
    Icemoose Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    A friend did it last year, I was so proud of her... so I am planning to have a go this year (very unfit....) but training now with lots of walking!
  • K9cuddles
    K9cuddles Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Options
    Icemoose wrote:
    A friend did it last year, I was so proud of her... so I am planning to have a go this year (very unfit....) but training now with lots of walking!

You'll be fine! I'm classed by the docs as "obese" and I managed it you'll be fine. They have training plans on there website!

I'm trying to get my mam involued this year!
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 092

::£2 - CSC - Terramundi is filling up!! :: Joined 3/3/06 :: 5/2/07 - 835kg + £280 Banked!!::
    ::5p,10p & 20p - Savings Tin :: Founded 9/4/06 :: 23/3/07 - 3.2kg ::

Lost to date - 9kg (22/8/06) Next weigh in 2007!!
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Options
    I've done it the last two years. I lost my great auntie to cancer of the blood, and my grandad to cancer.

Last year I shaved 5 minutes off my time, and looking to improve on that this year

Good luck to everyone taking part:T
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • Molanole
    Molanole Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm running it for the first time this year. Dad was diagnosed with cancer just before Christmas and I lost my wonderful aunty to breast cancer a few years ago. I too am classed as obese but a healthy life is one of the best ways of reducing your chances of getting cancer. I'm kicking off with getting fit for the Race for Life!

Good luck everyone who is taking part.
    Debt Free Nerd No. 89, LBM: April 2006, Debt at highest (Sept 05): £40,939.96
    NOW TOTALLY DEBT FREE!!!!!!!! Woooo hooooooo!!! DEBT FREE DATE: 23 December 2009
  • andycarmi
    andycarmi Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah I m, never done it before!!!! I can't even run far!!! So training starts Monday. Got 4 months to be able to run 10k!! Any advice?
  • GiveItBack
    GiveItBack Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Options
    Who are you running it for? They should have some training plans. EG. Start off by twice or 3 times a week going out for a walk for an hour. Next week, the same but walk one minute run one minute, then build up.

NB. I have NO medical training or running experience, it's just what I've seen suggested for others. First find out if there are training plans.
    for more info check out www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk . You'll find me there.
    New Year's Resolution: Post less unnecessary posts. (and that was 2007)

yes, I realise I may appear cold and heartless a lot of the time.
  • frugallass
    frugallass Posts: 2,320 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    myself, 2 colleagues, my daughter and her friend did the 2006 Race for Life at Glasgow Green - we decided from the outset that we weren't fit enough to run so we decided to walk fast - was a wonderful day and very touching to see how many people's lives had been affected by this terrible disease

Am just going to search for this year's event...........:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport