Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Official Race for Life 2007 thread

Options

Comments

• pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    way to go nearlyrich :j :D

it wil be a blast :D when you say one of them is a serious triathlete, im guessing you're not referring to yourself :rotfl: do it on your hands and knees if you must, its all about the charity
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • sarerb18
    sarerb18 Posts: 1,979 Forumite
    Options
    wanted to do one this year cant remember if it was race for life but it was women only which annoyed the hell out of me so didn't do it
    was this race for life? is it women only?

It hasn't stopped the men in Bournemouth they just run in women's clothing great fun and I bet they raise hundreds.

Sarer
  • pavlovs_dog
    Options
    i received my race pack today and am no 43. hope they dont make us start in numerical order, cos i dont want to be over taken by 4765 within 5 minutes of setting off :rotfl:

race for life is a women only event according the the T&Cs on the webiste, but in the race pack i received today they encourage men to get involved as stewards at the events
    know thyself
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    way to go nearlyrich :j :D

it wil be a blast :D when you say one of them is a serious triathlete, im guessing you're not referring to yourself :rotfl:

How did you guess???:confused: :rolleyes:
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • pash_2
    pash_2 Posts: 4,963 Forumite
    Options
    hiya all. i did RFL last year dor 1st time and am doing it again this.. can i post link to my sponsor site here???

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/-pash

if not please remove it MOD, thanks so much I hope some of you can and will sponsor me!!! :T:T
  • bekkithedevil
    Options
    Me! Me! I'm doing not one but TWO Races for Life! Just need to sign up for the Leeds one but am definately doing the Gloucester one on 8th July. I did three races last year and it was the first time I'd done a R4L at all!

My sponsorship website is http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/BekkiThompson2007 if anybody would like to sponsor me. If I'm not allowed to link on here could it be removed please mods?

Also, does anybody know if I can put my link in my signature?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone else taking part!

Bekki x
  • K9cuddles
    K9cuddles Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Options
    I'm signing up on Wed (pay day!) i wonder if it's worth starting a training thread of us lot?
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 092

::£2 - CSC - Terramundi is filling up!! :: Joined 3/3/06 :: 5/2/07 - 835kg + £280 Banked!!::
    ::5p,10p & 20p - Savings Tin :: Founded 9/4/06 :: 23/3/07 - 3.2kg ::

Lost to date - 9kg (22/8/06) Next weigh in 2007!!
  • bekkithedevil
    Options
    The Race for Life website has three training plans here

Hope that helps! I'm gonna start with the second one but do it for ages as i know I won't be able to do it in six weeks!

Bekki x
  • pavlovs_dog
    Options
    ohh k9, good idea. or at the very least we should keep the learn to run thread bumped
    know thyself
  • queensway_boy
    queensway_boy Posts: 5,990 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How's all your training going guys?

........................exercisebike.gif..............treadmill.gif......................situps.gif.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure