Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mabe wrote: »
    We arrived back in the UK form canary islands 3 hrs and 25 minute last week. I submitted a claim but it's has been refused due to in flight damage in previous sector classed as extraordinary circumstances. However, the pilot stated that a plane in Malaga hah technical issues and as the airline didn't have a spare aircraft he sent ours creating our delay. In our opinion they decided to send our plane knowing that we would be delayed and therefore created the delay due to them not havibg a spare aircraft. We have disputed this just wondering other people's thoughts.

It sounds like the usual nonsense, plus it doesn’t sound like an extraordinary circumstance from what you say.

Name and shame please, then we can advise better.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Mabe
    Mabe Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for reply, it was a Tui flight.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mabe wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks for reply, it was a Tui flight.

The ADR supplier for TUI is CEDR so I suggest you read up on their rules and then ask TUI for a 'deadlock ' letter or a referral to CEDR.

When you submit your evidence include your photos of the door etc and if you have access to FR24 Gold you could get a screenshot of the time the aircraft arrives at the gate. PM me if you need help with that.

Further state what the pilot said, it is usually accurate, and also that the delay was caused by 'TUI operation problems' which are not extraordinary by any definition of the word.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • fatboyslick
    fatboyslick Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Recently returned to the UK with Ryanair and the flight was delayed.
    Ryanair have emailed me with a document if i want to make an insurance claim. They state it was delayed by 2 hours and 57 minutes.

I wish to challenge this as I believe we were more like 3 hours 10 minutes late. I checked on Flightstats.com and they state it was 3 hours 5 minutes delayed.

NOTE: we'll only get compensation if we are over 3 hours delayed so it's funny how Ryanair are saying we arrived merely minutes before this time!

What do i do about challenging Ryanair and claiming compensation from them....there is no indication as to how legitimate their claim that the flight arrived under 3 hours is

thanks
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Firstly, this should be on the dedicated Ryanair thread. Put your flight details into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say. If they agree you are due compensation you have to go onto the Ryanair website and fill in their compensation claim form.
  • Lealeababs
    Options
    Hi,

Advice wanted please.

I booked tickets to Vietnam through Royal Brunei, 6 months before a holiday for a friends wedding. On the week of the holiday we were then emailed by the airline informing us that they had to move our flights, as they hadn't taken into consideration that the clocks change twice a year...quite shocking!

It meant that if we got on our original flight from Vietnam we would miss the connecting flight. When we called to ask what the options were, it was either leave a day earlier or stay in the connecting airport for 2 days whilst we wait for the connecting flight. We didn't understand the company's oversight when it came to flight planning, but can't argue with them on the week we were leaving, so accepted the earlier flight. When we asked the airline about refunds for accommodation costs the airline said no, surely as it was their error we can claim this back?

When we took the earlier flight, the airline came around with everyone's meals, myself and a friend are vegetarian, and on our booking requested for a differen't meal - but found out when the airline moved our flights to the day before, they hadn't updated our dietary requirements, this would mean 17 hours with no food. A flight attendant gave us both several bags of nuts for the first part of the journey, not really sufficient, but was the only thing we could eat. Upon arrival into the connecting airport we spoke to the customer service team who said they could update our meal choices for next flight. This unfortunately didn't happen and on the 14 hour plane flight back were told they didn't have any food for us. After some complaining on board, we finally got some boiled veg. But not the meals which we should have had.

Does anyone know whether we'd be entitled to a refund of our hotel cost and any money for food which we had to spend at the airport for food replacement?

Thanks in advance
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    as a non-EU airline and flight departing outside EU, EU261 does not apply
    consequential losses would be from your travel insurance.
    the meals were unfortunate, if you put a complaint in they may give you some miles as a goodwill gesture. If you paid for special meal. that should be refunded.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    Options
    Was the flight number the same.
  • Mabe
    Mabe Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I replied to Tui email stating what the pilot had said and had an automatic response saying it would be dealt with and acknowledging receipt, 2 weeks later I rang to see how claim was progressing and they stated they haven't received it had to send it again but not holding out much hope.
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Options
    They will take just as long as you are prepared to give them
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business