Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Mabe
    Mabe Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    if it was from the canaries, is that not 2 x €400 compensation based on distance?

yes it was
  • Twins2_2
    Options
    HELP!
    We had a delayed flight from Miami to London (4hours), this meant we missed our connecting flight to Manchester, BA said there were no more flights to Manchester so we had been put on a flight to Leeds, then had to make our own way home back to Manchester(keep receipts). As this meant even longer delay I requested a taxi to take us back up to Manchester which BA paid for. When I put a claim in for delayed flight I was told as I got a taxi home and didn’t take the flight I was not entitled to compensation! Does anyone have any advice or help. We only took the taxi as we were tired and didn’t fancy waiting even longer for a flight then have to make our way back to Manchester from Leeds. 🙈
  • DrA_Harrogate
    Options
    Good afternoon

It would seem that you have a case for compensation. You need to obtain Vauban's Guide (Google), read it twice, and proceed accorading to the guidance. Please put further posts in the BA thread as it helps to keep the Forum tidy. Any problems get back to us.
  • ClaretPaul
    Options
    Can anyone offer any advice on dealing with easyJet in order to get EU261 flight compensation?
    The flight myself and my wife were due to return from Copenhagen to Manchester on was cancelled and had to stay in Denmark for three days until the next available easyJet flight
    We were originally informed, via the easyJet app, that there was a delay (which turned into a cancellation) due to "a passenger requiring extra assistance on an earlier flight in plane's schedule".
    Filled in the online form, but easyJet say we are not entitled to EU261 compensation because cancellation was due to thunderstorms at Manchester Airport.
    Not satisfied with response, which came from a "do not reply" email address at easyJet.
    Would appreciate any advice from anyone who has been successful in getting cancellation compensation from easyJet.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,551 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ClaretPaul wrote: »
    Would appreciate any advice from anyone who has been successful in getting cancellation compensation from easyJet.

Easyjet thread is here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384709
    have you checked the flight details in EUClaim and bottonline to get their view on whether compensation is due?
  • ClaretPaul
    Options
    Thanks to link to easyJet thread - will report on there. Yes, have checked on Bottonline and EU claim sites and both say we are entitled to compensation.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So it would appear you are due compensation so I won't say any more about that. Now you say you had to stay in Copenhagen an extra 3 days, Did Easyjet pay for your hotel and all meals? Easyjet should have found you flights back to Manchester with another airline did they tell you this. If not I would write to the CAA and let them know you were not informed of re-routing by Easyjet
  • jdavidwaller
    Options
    We were delayed last year departing about 6 hours late on Swiss Air, which meant we missed our connecting flight and had to go on 2 different flights eventually arriving in Manchester about 9 hours later than we should have. I used all the stages of Resolver and sent the last one sometime February/ March to the CAA as per the escalation forms and haven’t received acknowledgment, I haven’t received anything one way or another?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,551 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    what was the reason for the delay? (not all delays qualify for compensation)
    do EUClaim and bottonline free checkers confirm that compensation should be due?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I note that the suppoese "expert" from Resolver got the basic facts of reg 261/2004 wrong on BBC TV wwith resspect to the proposed pilots and ground staff strikes.
    "any flight from or to the EU" may qualify for compensation!
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport