Options

Comments

• skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi guys

Hope you are all ok, how are you doing helen, weekend yeah

it wasn't a good work week for me and left me a bit down so had yet another rethink and im going to up my emergency savings again for a while in case of worse case scenario

Ive been putting £10 a week into my emergency pot and any remainder trying to pay down my interest only mortgage but after this week im going to split any spare cash differently till i feel brighter about things

I got a tax refund this week so ive some in the pot (the total is £1,500 in there now)!

take care
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,136 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    #2 update

£185.47 added - new total £568.49 aka 11.37%

keep on keeping on

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone... :)

I'm doing okay....been a sort of rough Week....but I'm getting there slowly....One day at a time... :D

Nothing to Report moneywise....Hopefully this Week coming xXx :)

Here's to the Updates.... xXx :)

x_raphael_xx - Sounds like you're doing really well...keep going... xXx :)

abundant1972 - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AMAZING. I'm sorry to hear that your Car failed it's MOT but that is what Emergency Funds are there for so I think you did the right thing xXx :)

kazt2006 - Welcome to the Gang...it's lovely to have you here...I've put you on the Member's List....and added your Target....Keep going...You're doing AMAZING already xXx :)

Keeping Motivated - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing INCREDIBLE....Keep on moving forwards.... xXx :)

Mooloo - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! Keep on going hun....I'm so sorry to hear that your funding has been cut.... xXx :)

Dragon Lily - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME!! Keep on going....you WILL get there xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AMAZING!! I'm doing okay thanks hun....Hope you're doing okay too xXx :)

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! You're right, we just have to keep on keeping on...You're doing great.... xXx :)
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    x_raphael_xx - Sounds like you're doing really well...keep going... xXx :)

I've just had to shell out £190 for a new phone as mine is dying, so I won't be able to put in for a little bit! But I'm just pleased I can afford to cover little emergencies like this.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    They didn't tell accounts in time so still got the same funds this week. So I put it into the emergency funds, along with 4p interest
    So I now have £550 in my funds.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi helen and eveyone

Popped another £20 in today, never had so much in savings for a long time

Thanks helen for keeping us going
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    skye_blue wrote: »
    Hi helen and eveyone

Popped another £20 in today, never had so much in savings for a long time

Thanks helen for keeping us going

Well done!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • HoneyBee83
    HoneyBee83 Posts: 361 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,
    What a beautiful day!
    Managed to pop another £20 into my EF, so I'm now £200/£1000.
    Every little helps!
    Emergency Savings #73 = £1,500/£2,000
    Savings Pot £1,440.00
    Xmas 2018=£100/£300 Australia =£0.00/6000
  • stoplurking
    stoplurking Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi

I hope everyone is doing ok. I have added to my fund today so it now stands at £1920
    Next month I should hit 50%, it's very slow but I don't think I would even have got to that without this thread. Thanks, Helen, for keeping everyone updated and motivated. X
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone.... :)

I'm doing okay at the moment....Let's hope it continues....Nothing to report moneywise this week....Let's see how the next week pans out... :D

Here's to the Updates... xXx :)

x_raphael_xx - I'm so sorry that you're phone has died but, like you say, at least you had the Funds to cover it....so that's definitely a good thing....hope things get better for you from now on xXx :)

Mooloo - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME!! Keep on going hun xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AMAZING!! I know you can do this hun....And thank you for your lovely words, updating is not a problem xXx :)

HoneyBee83 - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing INCREDIBLE!! Keep on moving forwards... xXx :)

stoplurking - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing WONDERFUL!! Keep going...and thank you to you too for your lovely words...It's a pleasure xXx :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure