PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pirate Pete your wife is deserving of a medal! Enjoy your dinner.

Snow! Lots of it!

Up early but then dozed off again.

Rice for lunch and then more for dinner wth some lovely RTC M&S veggies.

Walked into town . Takes about 40 minutes. A few blizzards as I walked.

Had an appointment at GP then walked through town but lots of shops were closing early because of weather.

Got a nice tunic / dress , a size down from what I was jeans , 2 lovely teeshirts that were just a £1. Also got 3 nice cards. Went into the one that I'd applied for a job in a couple of months ago and didn't get....was rather glad when I heard how staff were being spoken to!

Marks and Sparks...RTC veggies, 2 lots of cheese for 60p and some daffodils.

Bus home!

My Mr S delivery came 3 hours early...luckily someone was in! Broken eggs again! To be refunded.

Found a ring and handed it in to police station ...if it's not claimed in 2 months it's mine! Either 3 diamonds on white gold or 3 cubic zirconia on sterling silver! Rather pretty!

A year ago I was spending my last hours with my lovely husband. How can time just have gone so quickly? Miss him muchly.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Snow deep and crisp, and a little deeper and crisper each hour, almost.

1. Some of you know about this. A family friend sent a set of seven black and white family photographs, developed from negatives in her hobbyist photographer Dad's effects - he died about thirty years ago, so it's pretty remarkable that she still has them.
    Among them was a pic that I have never seen, of my very handsome Dad in his early thirties/possibly a bit earlier.
    My niece and myself are over the moon with this one.

2. Cleaners battling the elements to come and clean for me. The house looks even cleaner in the reflected white light of the snow through the windows.

3. The enjoyment of children running past the house with sledges, after school, of parents dragging children into the pre-school in the park in the same way.

4. A sturdy ham broth, much improved with a glug of Worcestershire sauce and some balsamic vinegar, to mask thes slightly bicarby taste of the soaked peas. (Which were almost five years out of date, and still fine).

5. Your pleasures, thank you. Happy anniversary BoP and Bopsie. Thinking of you, Mhags. I remembered it was St David's Day - already, in Australia.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Losing posts, 3 X on the trot, is not an osp, but -like mcc- was aware of 1 March, already in Oz and NZ, for mhags and family.

Cross the road safely, bop and bopsie, as you begin your 33rd year of togetherness. Raffles will surely perform noble bed warmer duty during your celebratory dinner.

Good luck with house sale, Mrs lw. Suspect you will have a quick exchange.

Snowed in here, so no Spits tmrw. Snow still falling. Hasn't stopped all day, although sometimes with sudden 5/10 minutes of sun.

Enzed friends briefly back and gone again, with new unexpected nursing assgnment call. They've sensibly headed carefully off, snug as bugs in rugs. Made late Shrove Tuesday pancake brekkers for them over briefest catch-up before they drove while they could.

& is warm with hwb.

Birds have sung and fed during day.

Will try and post.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    (((Mhags)))
    1) woken at 6:15 by snow ploughstuck on our road. Watched it safely reverse back down to main road.
    2) wellingtons. Marvellous for trudging into work
    3) last of hm lentil stew for lunch. Perfect for the weather
    4)got sent home early due to weather. Trudged round to mum;s Luckily she was in the kitchen as she doesn;t always hear the door and no mobile signal, my usual fall back. Good catch up
    5) then home to beef stir fry. Grateful to mum;s loan of stick to get down our hill. Now in bed though just watched car being pushed up to next turn off (so just before where snow plough got stuck).
    Be safe and warm everyone xxx
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thoughts are with Mhags and family x

Wednesday pleasures.

Snow, a lot of snow interspersed as & says with brief bouts of sunshine.

Freezing cold so main pleasure must be a well insulated house and a oil tank with sufficient fuel to keep us warm.

Filled up the seed feeder twice for the birds plus peanuts and suet balls, seed also thrown on ground under apple tree, there was a constant stream of birds all day.

Took advantage of spot of sun to clear and salt our garden path, little dog really doesn’t like the snow and, apart from running out to do her business, stayed inside in the warm. My big old girl used to love it and used her nose as a snow plough :A

Finished my PD James and now have birthday books to start on.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Also thinking of the mhagses

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Lunch with friend - emaness very quiet
    2. Got a way through my 'to do' list. Am trying a version of 'bullet journaling' so far it's going well
    3. Washing partially dried on the line - yes, really even in blizzard conditions cos the snow isn't really sticking to anything.
    4. Used up some bacon steaks that have been glaring at me from the freezer. they were ok but i doubt i will buy them again.
    5. cleaned the bathroom - all bathrooms and loos clean now even if the rest of the house leaves something to be desired. i have pretty much abandoned cleaning whilst we were in upheaval, though I tried to keep hygiene bits hygienic. So am slowly working my way through the rooms

Off to pick up DS from the station - we are going to the Stereophonics tonight. We should be ok weather wise, but Emma doesn't have to veer too far to the left for it to be a problem.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    mhagster wrote: »
    Pirate Pete your wife is deserving of a medal! Enjoy your dinner.
    She can always admire my decoration! TGM 90-91

5 Mes and BoPsie feasted and sank wobbleades yesterday to celebrate our joined heart! Hands were held and all other sopping things like that! The world was also put to flight!

4 Now working from home, as it could snow later so the mill is out of sight. Listening to the cricket on sport.

3 BoPsie has been our inn town to get wobbleades, she noted that the punters had cleared the shelf of bread and eggs! I hope it does not get serious as we only has wobbleades until Sunday!

2 night should be watching the Arsenal. See above!

This is the life!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 March 2018 at 5:14PM
    Options
    1) Our viewer from yesterday liked the house very much and has booked a second viewing with her partner on Saturday (he's abroad now).

2) The estate agent isn't going to throw us out into the cold this time round, we can stay in and keep warm, bliss!

3) Not too much snow here yet so am just off to walk Cookie dog.

4) Lovely soup made for lunch making us warm from the inside out.

5) Probably the biggest pleasure DD1 who normally has an hours commute in the red alert zone on at the moment is having a days leave and is at home. One less worry for Mumsie!!!

6) A late add on is that DD1 has a snow afternoon from school and a snow day tomorrow too, much less worry for Mumsie and she'll be able to actually do the A2 Politics course planning that she needs to do for next year and just hasn't been able to find time to do in an overloaded schedule.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Hi all just a quick pleasure or three for today, so I don’t forget:

1. TWO robins in our small garden - studiously avoiding each other :rotfl: & finding the seed etc that DH threw out on the snow:)

2. TWO Male blackbirds who wouldn’t share regardless of how cold it is :rotfl:

3. Every 20/30 minutes a flurry of activity at the bird feeders then not a single bird to be seen:o

4. The starlings are back:) I think they are beautiful :)

See you later

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello. Many thanks for kind thoughts. A friend had written last week "I hope you find something for the day to make it special and allow you to grieve both the passing of time as well as celebrate all that he has been and continues to be in your lives."

Lovely chat with DD1 who was at the beach.

Delivery of flowers from a friend.

Started to walk into town but DDs hips were complaining or was that just her :) so took a taxi ...so had more time than planned. The son got his hair cut...it's not been cut in over 5 years! Was way down his back.

Had a lovely lunch & I'd a £10 off voucher .

Went into emaness...might not get the Percy cake we've ordered! Waaaah! No deliveries today & unsure what will come tomorrow .

Friend popped in with lovely tulips .

The niecely people came.

Walked in the coldest, iciest wind to T ( for marshmallows ) shelves were empty of fruit / veg. Bread & milk ... thankfully all sorted for those.

Some lovely emails & messages.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure