Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World support thread 2019

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    - 1/2lb for me this week. At least it is a loss and a start for my Cancer Research fundraiser.
    Missli wrote: »
    3lbs!!! this week already!!! I'm so happy. I weighed in at 158lbs!
    Well done both:T:T:T
    sarymclary wrote: »
    Bit bummed to report +1lb. It's my first gain since starting January. Suspect the pie last week didn't help :(

Hey ho, on the plus side, I've found out how to work Bubbs' suggested picture hosting site, and here's my lunch today in my nifty little poundland lunch box
    [IMG][/img]image1.jpg

Meal plan today:
    B - banana
    L - mixed salad, savoury rice, ham & chicken with LF dressing (2); 0% greek yog, mango & strawberries
    D - HM burgers (2 for M&S seasoning mix), SW chips & mixed salad. Dressing/ketchup (3)
    HEA - milk in tea/coffee
    HEB - none planned

Sary i make a mean pie ;) totally on plan from ww wrap
    003.jpg
    But i do have a pie machine.

Evening all
    Will be back later as just having tea in a few mins:D:D:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Well done on the losses guys! And nice lunchbox sary, does it have some sort of divider then between the halves? And :T on being able to post pix ;).

Today is OHs birthday, he loves fruitcake, so he is allowed a slice (or two) today and will hopefully take the rest to work Monday. Steak for dinner as a special treat tonight. Considered going to steak restaurant, but think it is safer eating at home, will not get a cheesy scone with butter put in front of me then ;). We have a lunch invite for Sunday at a neighbour’s, so saving syns just in case. And also a day out Monday to see relatives, but they’re all doing SW so should be ok foodwise. Meant to be Tasters at group Tuesday, will have to put thinking hat on and see what I can rustle up Tues am. Keeping fingers crossed scales go in right direction this week!

Nice weather seems to have finished here, overcast and a few spits of rain and much colder, so bbq plans have been abandoned and birthday hammock is being tried out indoors :rotfl:.

Poundsinbucks x :D
    Happy Birthday to your DH:D
    I must have missed tasters as not been to one this year :p unless it was when i had my op but need seen it mentioned on our page:cool:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • poundsinbucks
    poundsinbucks Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to your DH:D
    I must have missed tasters as not been to one this year :p unless it was when i had my op but need seen it mentioned on our page:cool:

I think this will be our 4th tasters since starting halfway thru Jan!

P x :cool:
    🥳🥳 SW -6st 3.5lbs 🥳🥳
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Because I only go to WI occasionally I am always surprised (and embarrassed :o) by taster sessions.
  • bubbs
    Options

:eek::eek:bloody hell!!
  • sarymclary
    sarymclary Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maman I don't make the mixed salad as such, I buy it in pre-prepped boxes from Aldi and at £1.25 for a large box to serve 4 people it's better value than buying the ingredients. It also stays fresh for a full week, so I buy about 3 boxes each week, and it's perfect as side salads like we had tonight with burgers.

poundsinbucks the lunchbox has the integrated spoon/fork and a folding hard cover that snaps across the top of the large compartment (you can just see the 'hinge' of the flap to the left of the pic). I also place a piece of clingfilm over the top of the salad and fruit before the flap goes down, just to keep any salad dressing out of my fruit, as I keep the box in my cool bag with the fruit part on the bottom, so the salad is upside down IYKWIM.

bubbs what flavour was the pie? The pie maker makes that look incredibly professional!

The HM burgers tonight were an absolute winner, and will definitely make them again. It was only OH and I for dinner tonight, so I used 500g of lean mince to make 4 burgers and we had 2 each - little porky piggies that we are. I'm going to look at the ingredients though and see if I can't adapt it to make my own, and make it a bit more SW friendly (it's an M&S seasoning kit). It was really scrummy though, and felt like a proper treat.

I'm not a lover of mayo, but do like caesar dressing, so I look for any of the low fat ones available. I've got the M&S one in my drawer at work to have with salad, and also have the Aldi low fat french dressing. Both are 1 syn per tbsp I believe (anyone got a syn estimator on that?)

I'm going away from Sunday until Tuesday night for the funeral, and know a meal out is being planned. I've no idea about where I will be eating, or even what is near to the hotel, so am going to have to think on my feet, and make the best choices of what's available for a few days. Not much I can do to even take anything with me, as not like I have my own cooking facilities, etc. Pray for me fellow SW-ers ;)
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sary , the Aldi French dressing is 0.5 per tbsp but the M&S is 2 for the creamy reduced fat Caesar. So neither too bad especially if you really like the M&S.

Not sure of the timing when you're travelling but try to limit off plan meals by taking anything you can with you. Hotel breakfast can be OK too. I have eggs, bacon, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms. I avoid sausages and iffy about bread. If I'm fancying a few syns I'll maybe have some black pudding and/or hash browns which aren't as bad as I'd thought. Many hotels also have SW friendly cereal like Weetabix or fresh fruit to start. :)
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 May 2019 at 9:32AM
    Options
    Good morning all - a measly 1/2lb loss for me this week. Really disappointed because, although I have had two meals out, I didn't go mad, chose sensibly, and was good as gold the rest of the time :( I was really hoping for my stone award this week, not to be alas. I will plod on and hope it shows next week.

Going to do a freezer inventory now then make a meal plan for the week and go shopping. Definitely having HM burgers for tea tonight though after all the talk. I make mine with baked beans, red onion, and grated cheese in.

Have a good weekend everyone xxx

EDIT-

Freezer inventory, meal plan and shopping list done. Today's plan:

B - Coffee, 2x Malted Milks
    D - Carrot and lentil soup
    T - HM burgers (lean mince, baked beans, red onion, cheese), with portobello mushrooms, tomatoes and braised cabbage, sweet potato wedges
    HEA - Milk and cheese
    HEB - None
    Syns - Sugar in coffee (5), Malted Milks (4), probably some chocolate later as a weigh day treat.
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • bubbs
    Options
    sarymclary wrote: »
    maman I don't make the mixed salad as such, I buy it in pre-prepped boxes from Aldi and at £1.25 for a large box to serve 4 people it's better value than buying the ingredients. It also stays fresh for a full week, so I buy about 3 boxes each week, and it's perfect as side salads like we had tonight with burgers.

poundsinbucks the lunchbox has the integrated spoon/fork and a folding hard cover that snaps across the top of the large compartment (you can just see the 'hinge' of the flap to the left of the pic). I also place a piece of clingfilm over the top of the salad and fruit before the flap goes down, just to keep any salad dressing out of my fruit, as I keep the box in my cool bag with the fruit part on the bottom, so the salad is upside down IYKWIM.

bubbs what flavour was the pie? The pie maker makes that look incredibly professional!

The HM burgers tonight were an absolute winner, and will definitely make them again. It was only OH and I for dinner tonight, so I used 500g of lean mince to make 4 burgers and we had 2 each - little porky piggies that we are. I'm going to look at the ingredients though and see if I can't adapt it to make my own, and make it a bit more SW friendly (it's an M&S seasoning kit). It was really scrummy though, and felt like a proper treat.

I'm not a lover of mayo, but do like caesar dressing, so I look for any of the low fat ones available. I've got the M&S one in my drawer at work to have with salad, and also have the Aldi low fat french dressing. Both are 1 syn per tbsp I believe (anyone got a syn estimator on that?)

I'm going away from Sunday until Tuesday night for the funeral, and know a meal out is being planned. I've no idea about where I will be eating, or even what is near to the hotel, so am going to have to think on my feet, and make the best choices of what's available for a few days. Not much I can do to even take anything with me, as not like I have my own cooking facilities, etc. Pray for me fellow SW-ers ;)

Sary,
    It was steak onion and mushroom, sometimes i do chicken and mushroom, i cook the ingredients first usually the day before and then put them in cold, so by the time the "pastry"is cooked it's warmed through.
    This is the pie maker i use, i didnt pay thhat much though and cashback paid for it:D you can also make nice deep quiches in there:D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Salter-EK1691N-Double-Non-Stick-Electric/dp/B07JC53SCN/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_3?adgrpid=52788200625&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzcnukeyk4gIVSpztCh0esArVEAAYASAAEgJtOPD_BwE&hvadid=259083396852&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1007208&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=7549295762771505344&hvtargid=aud-613328383199%3Akwd-313504367930&hydadcr=18511_1725405&keywords=salter+pie+maker&qid=1558174453&s=gateway&sr=8-3-fkmrnull

I saw this burger sauce on one of the slimming pages earlier, don't know is any good to you?or could adapt to what you want in it?
    1/2 syn for 2 tbs
    burger-dressing.png

Morning all:D
    Tete, 1/2 lb well done:T:T:T it's the right direction
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all :A
    Not happy with WI as gained 1lb :( fed up :(

Hubby bought me a book :eek: Confessions of a Menopausal Woman :eek: What is he trying to say? :rotfl:

Have dipped in and out of it and so far everything fits, can understand why weight is hard to shift and why I’m so shattered all the time (on top of the CF). Just hope it doesn’t last forever :(

Got a tough week coming up, including not finishing work on Wednesday until 9.30pm :( due to dance show. Think it’s gonna be a looooong week :( at least the week after is half term :D
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills