Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    Simply because Sky has never done fixed price deals, only fixed discounts. The price may change over the term but the discount doesn't.

I have raised it with "resolver"
    Because I was offered a fixed price (NOT a fixed discount) and Sky are increasing the charges
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Because I was offered a fixed price (NOT a fixed discount) and Sky are increasing the charges
    Try reading SKY T & C which you agreed to when signing up.
    Will the price of my subscription(s) rise during the Minimum Term? Under the Sky digital Subscription Contract we can increase the prices for the Stand-alone Premium Channels or extra Sky Premium Channels at any time during the Minimum Term. However, in all other cases during the Minimum Term we can only increase the relevant Subscription Payment once in any 12 month period.
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Simply because Sky has never done fixed price deals, only fixed discounts. The price may change over the term but the discount doesn't.

Sky have done fixed price deals in the past and on mse posters have said this and i have seen on Sky's help forum site also stating they are on fixed price deals.
    These fixed price deals maybe only for customers who hve left or continued to stay after putting in a cancel request and i don't think there was any Sky adverts about a fixed price deal.

Sky have recently started advertising a fixed price broadband and tv package that says it it fixed for 2 years but i have not read those t&c's to be sure.

Here is a link but it says price guarantee if that makes a difference?

https://www.sky.com/shop/tvandbroadband/
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    cajef wrote: »
    Try reading SKY T & C which you agreed to when signing up.

Try reading this and tell me what it means :

"Your bill from the 4th March will be the quoted amount of £43.05, until your discount ends"

I also agreed to the above...
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Boohoo wrote: »
    Sky have done fixed price deals in the past and on mse posters have said this and i have seen on Sky's help forum site also stating they are on fixed price deals.
    These fixed price deals maybe only for customers who hve left or continued to stay after putting in a cancel request and i don't think there was any Sky adverts about a fixed price deal.

I was really referring to retention deals rather than new customer deals but thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I was really referring to retention deals rather than new customer deals but thanks.

I must admit that I can't ever recall my TV price going up mid contract although no one has ever told me it's a fixed price.
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    So - since Sky DO offer fixed price contracts - of which I have one
    I repeat my original question - is it right that Sky can increase my charges mid contract ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    is it right that Sky can increase my charges mid contract ?
    I'll just quote the Sky T&Cs AGAIN for you
    Will the price of my subscription(s) rise during the Minimum Term?

Under the Sky digital Subscription Contract we can increase the prices for the Stand-alone Premium Channels or extra Sky Premium Channels at any time during the Minimum Term. However, in all other cases during the Minimum Term we can only increase the relevant Subscription Payment once in any 12 month period.
    Therefore, it sounds like use of Resolver, the Sky CEO (or any other complaint portal) will be futile.

By all means do keep trying.. :)
  • Mwood1
    Mwood1 Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Finally returned to sky yesterday.

Sky+ HD box - 12 month deal with no price rises in 2019.

Entertainment & Sport @ £28 per month + £10 admin fee(there seems to be no way round this fee and I’ve tried)

12 month deal is much preferable than the 18 month deal for me.

Good luck.!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mwood1 wrote: »
    Entertainment & Sport @ £28 per month + £10 admin fee(there seems to be no way round this fee and I’ve tried)

I had them offer a £10 credit to cover it just 2 days ago, unfortunately they thought £20 a month for Entertainment was a good deal for me...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback