Barclaycard

Options
I am just in the process of sending a letter to my Bank to find out what charges may of been on my account and i have seen the address for Natwest. But I have also had a Capital One Card which i have just recently cancelled but i would like to still ask for any late payment fee charges. Would i still be entitled to ask for these as i have cancelled the card and if so which address should i be using to contact them as i never saw them on your lists?
I also have a Barclaycard from when i was a student which i recently changed from Graduate. Is it possible to claim for late charges from them also and what addresses would i need to write to?

Thanks

Comments

• nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can claim all late payment charges.

Hopefully someone will follow with an address.
  • littlemissmom
    Options
    hello, i am currently trying to get money back for my sister from barclays and barclaycard.
    Braclaycard said no, then offered 168 of 402 twice now but have said no way to anymore. Is Barclaycard any different to a bank does anyone know?

thanks.
    By the way i successfully got back 102 and 658 from RBS so another success.
  • nads
    nads Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hello, i am currently trying to get money back for my sister from barclays and barclaycard.
    Braclaycard said no, then offered 168 of 402 twice now but have said no way to anymore. Is Barclaycard any different to a bank does anyone know?

thanks.
    By the way i successfully got back 102 and 658 from RBS so another success.

Hi little,

You jsut need to decide if the £168 is enoughyt for you. If not you need to send a second letter to Barclaycard (I suspect you already have) stating you'' take them to court if it's not settled in full.

If you've done this and they've refused, you'll have to take them to the Small Claims court,

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1141050760,24632,#step3
  • eben_3
    Options
    Where do I send my letter to for Barclaycard?

Thanks
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There are some addresses HERE

I dont suppose it matters which you use, it will be passes to the correct dept.

Or you could always deliver to your local branch and they should pass it on...
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • szecowka77
    Options
    Hi

I have a barclay card which has gone to its limit. I know I have have had a number of charges over the last 6 years.

Has anyone claimed any fees back from barclaycard. I am worried that if I claim the fees, will they close the account and demand a full repayment?

Many thanks

Adam
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    I would give them a ring and ask what has happened to the missing info/statements.

Have a read of this thread for guide to what you can claim.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=304064
  • richmulch
    Options
    I sent my first letter to barclaycard on 7-1-07 got a letter back today from Gail Gray Saying that Barclaycard does not provide customers with list of charges on request and that fdor copy statements its £3. The strange thing is that it wasnt a data request i sent to them its a claim for £654 that i have added up from the statments that i have!

Ive sent the 2nd letter now i just wondered if anyone else has had a sitution like this as it seems starnge that they send a letter which is completley irrelevant to the claim letter i sent them. I think i will now request full data from them also and ammend my claim for when it goe sto court as i probabley have only around 70% of my statments.
  • richmulch
    Options
    I have just been offered £336 based on a claim of £662 i called her to find out how this was worked out and she said it was based on original £24 charge and effectiveley halfed it i said i would accept the money but cant remember if i said as part claim of the original sum i had to give her my bank details as ive paid off the card does anyone know if i should still send the letter claiming for the remainder as i cant remember if in the conversation i stated that i accepted it as part of the claim or as settlement!! i dont want to send the letter if im doing something wrong Please help?
  • shariatlanta
    Options
    Just my luck, I sent off a letter to Barclaycard on 4th Jan requesting copies of all charges enclosing a cheque for £10.00, stupidly I didn't send it recorded delivery, rang them today to find out if they have received the letter and strangly enough they haven't, I've been told that they will email the dept to find out whats happened but if not I will have to start all over again. Did get told it's £3.00 each for copy statement but I told the woman it was just a list of charges I wanted and the £10.00 was enough.

What's the betting they won't have the letter, still next time I'll remember to send it recorded delivery.
    Paid off so far Natwest overdraft £1900 Kays catalogue £200 Personal Loan £2500 Tax Credit £1300 J D Williams
    Still to go Barclaycard £880 Sainsburys CC £38.80 Littlewoods CC £208 Vanquis CC £390 Littlewoods Cat £821.38 Next £75.26
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure