Email address for Job Centre Plus complaints Department please.

Options

Comments

• seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes Carol, I agree.

There have been times in the past when I have had to take over things from my husband, due to his mental health, and he is a mature man of nearly 60. He has also done the same for me when necessary. We have both also helped our son.

I thought it was what families were for.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • john1979home
    Options
    Hi Carol.

My wife is having a similar issue with JCP at the moment and they've been so rude to her. She was made redundant when her company went into administration and having paid her NI contributions she's only trying to claim the money she's rightly due but with little success.

I fully support you helping your daughter as I know when I was 19 I'd have let it pass. I'm helping my wife now because she's sick of dealing with it all.

I hope you managed to get it all resolved.

John
  • gilerachick
    Options
    I don't want to get caught up in the whole rights and wrongs of this situation but i am interested in the actual inside workings of the DWP. As an employee of DWP (sorry but a job is a job!) I feel quite embarrassed when I hear of colleagues being rude or unpleasant to customers ( I won't deny it doesn't happen, I Hear it all the time) But if you want to PM me with a bit of background to your daughters situation I may be able to give a bit of insight. But I would advise you to go to the Jobcentre and ask to speak to the Customer Services Representive. Also write a letter to the Benefit delivery centre and mark it clearly with your local JC office code (ask at the JC), district and Fresh Claims dept. It will be passed to a supervisor to action.
  • marilyn497
    Options
    Carol, I was reading your post by accident, and I too have a 19 yr old daughter who is signing on at the moment, I most fully agree with you with what you are saying. My daughter has also been spoken to like some out of work bum, and it makes me so cross. I also agree that even though she is an adult, you are right in saying that at 19 they are so niave and are too frightened to complain. You seem to be doing a great job at raising your daughter.
    Well done
    Marilyn
  • singlehouseholder
    Options
    cazziej wrote: »
    Thank you Mandi

From my experience, if they have a teenager on the line they think they can talk to them like s**t! As I have said, a few times they have started trying to speak to me as though I were an imbecile, until they realised they werent going to get away with it!:rotfl:

Best wishes

Carol

That is unfair, just because your daughter has had a rough experience please do not insinuate that teenagers are spoken to like crap!! That is simply not true, not in my expeience from working in a pilot contact centre for JC+. In my experience I was the one spoken to like crap, I was the one that had parents attempting to make claims for JSA on behalf of their offspring. I'm sure they didn't think they were "going to get away" with anything when they got you on the phone. Why don't you go to your local Jobcentre, you could accompany her on her next signing, then ask for a word with the manager, make an appoinment maybe to air your greivances. I wouldn't hold your breath for the call being recorded either, but they will be able to trace the call on the system and found who your child spoke to then discuss the matter with them. I hope you find satisfaction,and your child too.
    RIP Floyd - 19/04/09. I know i'll see you again my best friend forever.

19/06/2013 T12 incomplete Paraplegia, down but not out.
  • nogginthenog
    Options
    When things got wrong

If you think we have got something wrong, or that we are not dealing with you in the right way, please let us know straight away. The sooner you tell us, the sooner we can look into the matter.
    You may find it easier to speak to someone in the office you have been dealing with. A phone call will usually put matters right, and we can call you back. However, there may be times when you want to make a formal complaint. Find out more about how to do this in our leaflet 'Tell us what you think'
    dev_000315.gifTell us what you think (234kb)

Hope this helps
    Child of a Fighting Race.
  • Tim4
    Tim4 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    my apologies on digging up this topic, but i was wondering carol what actually happened and who you spoke to?

I'm 24 and to be honest fed up of them talking to me like I'm rubbish and everything is my fault. I have wanted to complain for a while but can't pin down someone exactly that I can complain to.

because to be honest I do my search every week, I turn up on time, I've never knowing lied to them and when I talk to the members of staff i am as polite as i know how to be. I therefore don't see why i shouldn't be treated in the same way, and i'm not saying that all JCP staff are horrible and useless but the odd one or two are.

What bugs me even more is that i get there on time and it is nearly always 20 minutes before i get seen, yet i know if i'm late by even 4 minutes they (or at least some of them) are going to have a go at me. Now considering they deem me only worthy of giving stamp to I don't really see why i should put up with it.

Before i end i aask anyone thinking of telling me i should have better things to do and don't deserve special treatment, i don't want special treatment, hell i don't even want them to look at my claim, all i want is the respect and civilaty (i might have made that word up) that surely every human being desrves?
  • stanley38
    stanley38 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    cazziej - i have full sympathy for you.

the whole thing as far as i am concerned is worse than a bad joke.

good for you for helping your daughter, after a very brief few weeks when

i came out of university i attended the job centre over 12 years ago and i realised it

was a waste of time and energy, having since paid tax and now having the urgent need

for assistance dealing with the so called system is a farce.

If only i had more strength i would give them hel*
  • twentypenceoff
    twentypenceoff Posts: 1,460 Forumite
    Options
    My daughters benefit is still not completely sorted and to top it all the person I spoke to today, when generously telling her she had been awarded £20 crisis loan, seemed incredulous that she had already received £75 (this was for 3 weeks) and asked what she had done with it!!

yes, they would ask what she did with it, so that they could fill in the application form and ensure that she had no money left, so that he could pay her another crisis loan

from my own experience, they ask what you did with the money you had even if it is wages, or other types of money solely to fill in the application form as this is what they base the decision on.
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    Back on the meds for you Stanley!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business