Email address for Job Centre Plus complaints Department please.

Options

Comments

• alison999
    alison999 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    Options
    cazziej wrote: »
    Alison, I hope you are never in this situation, you obviously seem to think it is all a joke, but when some poor soul finds a battle with the DWP/JCP too much to cope with and can't take any more, I wonder if you will still be joking around then.

And I am polite to the people who take the time to be polite and civil to me.

Thank you please!!

Carol

Actually, when i was 19 and had my first child, my partner & i only had £15-£20 to pay for food to feed ourselves & our baby with for A WEEK! I KNOW what it is like to struggle, we went many days w/o heating and every monday evening the electric would go. to say your daughter NEEDS this money when she is living with her parents IS A JOKE TO ME after what ive been through
  • glossgal
    glossgal Posts: 438 Forumite
    Options
    OP, I honestly don't think there is anything anyone can say to you to put your experiences in perspective as you seem hell bent on being the victim here. I can well believe you have not had to deal with the benefit system because your misconceptions and delusions about what this actually involves are plain for all to see. Far from scrounging, I think you and your daughter are genuine enough but you seem to think you are beneath all this when the truth is you aint. This is what is grating you.

If you are getting attidude off everyone in these agencies do you not think for one nano-second that maybe-just maybe-you are doing something to at least provoke a reaction? (ie like you are on this forum). If not you are trying to convince us that all these people are just lining up to antagonise you and your decent hardworking family? come on have a word with yourself!...

BTW if someone had given me over £100 in the space of the month in my dole days (mid nineties since you ask) I would quite probaly been out having the time of my life with change to spare.
    "I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself" -Oscar Wilde
  • cazziej
    cazziej Posts: 321 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    alison999 wrote: »
    Actually, when i was 19 and had my first child, my partner & i only had £15-£20 to pay for food to feed ourselves & our baby with for A WEEK! I KNOW what it is like to struggle, we went many days w/o heating and every monday evening the electric would go. to say your daughter NEEDS this money when she is living with her parents IS A JOKE TO ME after what ive been through

Well I am glad you are still thinking it is a joke and finding it funny.

You say you know how it is to struggle, maybe you do, but how do you know that even though she is living with us, that WE haven't only got a minimal amount of money to live on, and that we are not struggling? You don't know anything about our situation, you don't know how many other children we have to cater for, so please don't presume that you do. :confused:

Everybody has their own struggles and by you referring to her living with her parents and finding the thought that she NEEDS money a joke, I could say the same for you, living with a partner, if the pair of you only had £20 for food with a baby for a week, then I would imagine that somewhere along the line the benefits system had gone really wrong for you and you should therefore show a bit more sympathy. Then again, maybe you were not in receipt of benefits, and I could judge you like you have judged us and think you had squandered all your money:p

Carol
  • cazziej
    Options
    glossgal wrote: »
    OP, I honestly don't think there is anything anyone can say to you to put your experiences in perspective as you seem hell bent on being the victim here. I can well believe you have not had to deal with the benefit system because your misconceptions and delusions about what this actually involves are plain for all to see. Far from scrounging, I think you and your daughter are genuine enough but you seem to think you are beneath all this when the truth is you aint. This is what is grating you.

If you are getting attidude off everyone in these agencies do you not think for one nano-second that maybe-just maybe-you are doing something to at least provoke a reaction? (ie like you are on this forum). If not you are trying to convince us that all these people are just lining up to antagonise you and your decent hardworking family? come on have a word with yourself!...

BTW if someone had given me over £100 in the space of the month in my dole days (mid nineties since you ask) I would quite probaly been out having the time of my life with change to spare.

Believe me, I do NOT think I am beneath all this! (or did you perhaps mean to say I think all this is beneath me:rolleyes: ). Whatever, I don't believe anybody is beneath me nor at the same point superior to me, or my family.

If you refer back to one of my earlier posts, you might see that I clearly say, one person genuinely tried to help me and was very civil to me, for which I was grateful. And yes you are right, I do believe I am doing something to provoke a reaction from all these people - I am questioning what they obviously spout out to people on a daily basis, expecting people to accept the drivel because they are "in authority". Upon questioning a staff member, I was blatantly informed "well the problem is that we are dealing with professional claimers day after day", that maybe so, but we are far from professional claimers, what we are is human beings who expect to be treated humanely.

By your own admission, you would have been out having a ball in the mid 90's if you had £100 of dole money, well in case you hadn't noticed we are now some 13 years down the line and money doesn't go quite as far now!!

Carol
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    Options
    Cazziej - You and your dd are clearly very angry about this situation, as will be many other people waiting for benefits to come through. And your dd may well have cause to complain about the service she has received - it's hard to tell from what you have put here.

However, your dd should be dealing with this! She is 19 and if she is not capable of fighting her own battles, then she needs to learn. It is right that you support her with it, but she should be the one making the complaint.

Don't you think it better she learn to stand on her own two feet now, while she is still at home and has you to support and encourage her? It will be much harder to deal with these things when she is living alone and needing to pay all her bills etc. (Well, hopefully she won't be in this situation again, but she is sure to have other battles to fight!)

Plus, there is the very valid point that you are likely not helping her cause by ringing on her behalf. That will do nothing to make them see her as an adult who deserves to be treated as such, rather than talked down to. Your main complaint seems to be them treating her as a subordinate, and here you are taking over her affairs because you feel she is only 19 and needs you to do that for her. :confused:

I hope you can see what I, and others, are saying? It is possible to support our children while acknowledging they have grown up and us taking over is not necessarily the best thing in the long run.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    bestpud wrote: »
    Cazziej - You and your dd are clearly very angry about this situation, as will be many other people waiting for benefits to come through. And your dd may well have cause to complain about the service she has received - it's hard to tell from what you have put here.

However, your dd should be dealing with this! She is 19 and if she is not capable of fighting her own battles, then she needs to learn. It is right that you support her with it, but she should be the one making the complaint.

Don't you think it better she learn to stand on her own two feet now, while she is still at home and has you to support and encourage her? It will be much harder to deal with these things when she is living alone and needing to pay all her bills etc. (Well, hopefully she won't be in this situation again, but she is sure to have other battles to fight!)

Plus, there is the very valid point that you are likely not helping her cause by ringing on her behalf. That will do nothing to make them see her as an adult who deserves to be treated as such, rather than talked down to. Your main complaint seems to be them treating her as a subordinate, and here you are taking over her affairs because you feel she is only 19 and needs you to do that for her. :confused:

I hope you can see what I, and others, are saying? It is possible to support our children while acknowledging they have grown up and us taking over is not necessarily the best thing in the long run.

Well said.

Dives for cover awaiting the next rant from cazziej ... ;)
    Gone ... or have I?
  • alison999
    alison999 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    Options
    Well I am glad you are still thinking it is a joke and finding it funny.

You say you know how it is to struggle, maybe you do, but how do you know that even though she is living with us, that WE haven't only got a minimal amount of money to live on, and that we are not struggling? You don't know anything about our situation, you don't know how many other children we have to cater for, so please don't presume that you do. :confused:

Everybody has their own struggles and by you referring to her living with her parents and finding the thought that she NEEDS money a joke, I could say the same for you, living with a partner, if the pair of you only had £20 for food with a baby for a week, then I would imagine that somewhere along the line the benefits system had gone really wrong for you and you should therefore show a bit more sympathy. Then again, maybe you were not in receipt of benefits, and I could judge you like you have judged us and think you had squandered all your money:p

Carol

we had no money because we were paying bills and a mortgage. ive very proud of myself (and my partner, who is older than me) we owned our first home when i was 17, then we had our baby, & i couldnt work for awhile, we had no money b/c i INSISTED on paying the bills first and fnding money for food second. do you think that i just went and wasted money just because i wanted my baby to live in a damp house, thank god it was summer when all this started. when it was winter we had to get in bed with a hot water bottle and blankets to keep warm. i wont keep my voilins (sp) out for too long but believe it or not people do walk miles for job interviews (my partner did this several times and once or twice got drenched before he even got there) we couldnt afford to OWN a car to put petrol in and to spend £3 on a bus ticket when we have £20 (on a good week) for food was out of the question.

Congrats on your daughter for being offered 3 jobs, BUT if shes this great (cant think of any other way to word it) then why did she need to go on benefits in the first place? couldnt she of stacked shelves (not saying theres anything wrong with that) until a "better" job came along? its what a lot of people do.

as for judging you all ive "advised" is that you let your 19 year old adult daughter (who is older than i as hen i had to deal with all that) stand on her own feet instead of letting her behave - or you treating her - as a 16 year old.
  • glossgal
    glossgal Posts: 438 Forumite
    Options
    Believe me, I do NOT think I am beneath all this! (or did you perhaps mean to say I think all this is beneath me:rolleyes: ). Whatever, I don't believe anybody is beneath me nor at the same point superior to me, or my family.

If you refer back to one of my earlier posts, you might see that I clearly say, one person genuinely tried to help me and was very civil to me, for which I was grateful. And yes you are right, I do believe I am doing something to provoke a reaction from all these people - I am questioning what they obviously spout out to people on a daily basis, expecting people to accept the drivel because they are "in authority". Upon questioning a staff member, I was blatantly informed "well the problem is that we are dealing with professional claimers day after day", that maybe so, but we are far from professional claimers, what we are is human beings who expect to be treated humanely.

By your own admission, you would have been out having a ball in the mid 90's if you had £100 of dole money, well in case you hadn't noticed we are now some 13 years down the line and money doesn't go quite as far now!!

Carol

Your arguement sadly has rapidly dwindling credibility, you are trying to suggest that a teenager with no children or bills to pay cannot survive on £40 a week for a couple of months? No thats not the point of your original post but you are trying to illicit sympathy where there are only scraps to be found.

Anyway-OP just make your complaint, fast forward a few weeks when everyone in the JCP office has had a good chuckle at the overprotective mother who thinks her daughter deserves special treatment, you can go back to your normal lives where you don't have to slum it with the common folk and everything will be alright again.
    "I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself" -Oscar Wilde
  • cazziej
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    Well said.

Dives for cover awaiting the next rant from cazziej ... ;)

Think I am all ranted out for now :rolleyes: , just for now mind, not forever;) .

Bestpud, I am very angry (did you notice:confused: .

However, even though I can appreciate what posters including yourself are saying about her standing on her own 2 feet and fighting her own battles, etc, etc, I don't think anybody, if they had a heart could honestly sit and watch their offspring sit in tears after being given the runaround for the umpteenth time in one day. On the occasions she has passed the phone to me, if I hadn't had been there, she would probably have just put the phone down and I am beginning to think that this is their aim.

Believe me, if you knew her, you would know that despite her being so despondant with this system and becoming tearful on an almost daily basis because of it, she is one of the most feisty people I know and usually gives as good as she gets (if not better;) ). However, this one seems to have her beaten and I will not sit back and watch. She is more than able to stand on her own two feet, but I think at times we all need a little help, and while she needs it, I will fight to the death to give it her. I hope I haven't painted a picture of her as a meek and frightened little thing, as this is the last thing she is and sometimes her mouth can get the better of her (can't begin to think where she gets that from:A ). At the same point, I know that even now at the age of 43, if I am upset, even though I can easily take care of myself, my own mother would not hesitate to try and challenge/defend/look after me, given half a chance. Then again, I wouldn't have it any other way and I suspect that when my daughter has children of her own, she will be the same.

Carol
  • cazziej
    Options
    alison999 wrote: »
    we had no money because we were paying bills and a mortgage. ive very proud of myself (and my partner, who is older than me) we owned our first home when i was 17, then we had our baby, & i couldnt work for awhile, we had no money b/c i INSISTED on paying the bills first and fnding money for food second. do you think that i just went and wasted money just because i wanted my baby to live in a damp house, thank god it was summer when all this started. when it was winter we had to get in bed with a hot water bottle and blankets to keep warm. i wont keep my voilins (sp) out for too long but believe it or not people do walk miles for job interviews (my partner did this several times and once or twice got drenched before he even got there) we couldnt afford to OWN a car to put petrol in and to spend £3 on a bus ticket when we have £20 (on a good week) for food was out of the question.

Congrats on your daughter for being offered 3 jobs, BUT if shes this great (cant think of any other way to word it) then why did she need to go on benefits in the first place? couldnt she of stacked shelves (not saying theres anything wrong with that) until a "better" job came along? its what a lot of people do.

as for judging you all ive "advised" is that you let your 19 year old adult daughter (who is older than i as hen i had to deal with all that) stand on her own feet instead of letting her behave - or you treating her - as a 16 year old.

Alison999

I am glad that you are proud of yourself. You are not alone, I and my husband had a mortgage at 20 and children at 21 and have struggled most of our lives. No I dont think you particularly wanted to live in a damp house, nor do I much care at the moment. Neither I nor my husband own a car even now, but times have changed and my daughter has worked and earned to pay for her car. I know people walk miles for interviews, I have done it myself. I have not said my daughter is great, at any point, and as I said, I didn't expect her to get any credit on here. However, none of you know which benefit she has applied for. She has chosen the position which had a start date in the future, for when she has recovered. If she had been fit enough she would have taken any job offered to her in the interim.

As for your last paragraph, as I have said MANY times, I am acting on behalf of my daughter WITH HER CONSENT. Yes she is an adult, but if I asked my own mother to act on my behalf at my age - does it really matter to anybody else if I give her permission? I often act on my mothers behalf and she is 71 - does anybody have a problem with that too??

Carol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport