Email address for Job Centre Plus complaints Department please.

Options

Comments

• cazziej
    cazziej Posts: 321 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    glossgal wrote: »
    Your arguement sadly has rapidly dwindling credibility, you are trying to suggest that a teenager with no children or bills to pay cannot survive on £40 a week for a couple of months? No thats not the point of your original post but you are trying to illicit sympathy where there are only scraps to be found.

Anyway-OP just make your complaint, fast forward a few weeks when everyone in the JCP office has had a good chuckle at the overprotective mother who thinks her daughter deserves special treatment, you can go back to your normal lives where you don't have to slum it with the common folk and everything will be alright again.

As a matter of fact, she has received the sum total of £95 since she last worked on 30th April 2008, hardly £40 per week, and every penny of this has been given grudgingly. I am not trying to illicit sympathy from anybody, thank you.

I intend to make my complaint, don't worry about that. If I give everyone in the JCP office a good chuckle in the process then so be it, it might make them treat people a bit better when dealing with them - one can only hope. And I do not think my daughter deserves special treatment, as I have said many times, I think she deserves to be treated as a human being.

And with regard to slumming it with the common folk - we are the common folk, so whatever will we do - avoid ourselves:rotfl:

Carol
  • alison999
    alison999 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    Options
    cazziej wrote: »
    As for your last paragraph, as I have said MANY times, I am acting on behalf of my daughter WITH HER CONSENT. Yes she is an adult, but if I asked my own mother to act on my behalf at my age - does it really matter to anybody else if I give her permission? I often act on my mothers behalf and she is 71 - does anybody have a problem with that too??

Carol

i am so through with this thread.

since at 24, i am "responding" to a woman, almost twice my age, with the attention span of a goldfish.

at 19 your daughter should be adult enough to deal with this, with or without your consent. i dont see what your mother has to do with this. for the millionth time, you can support your daughter without doing things for her; you are doing her no favours acting like this, when if anything goes wrong, all she has to do is run to mummy who cannot even seem to comprehend that her daughter is not everyone elses #1 priority.
  • cazziej
    Options
    alison999 wrote: »
    i am so through with this thread.

since at 24, i am "responding" to a woman, almost twice my age, with the attention span of a goldfish.

at 19 your daughter should be adult enough to deal with this, with or without your consent. i dont see what your mother has to do with this. for the millionth time, you can support your daughter without doing things for her; you are doing her no favours acting like this, when if anything goes wrong, all she has to do is run to mummy who cannot even seem to comprehend that her daughter is not everyone elses #1 priority.

And I don't see what your damp house, blankets and hot water bottles has to do with this either.

You are missing my point entirely (and I am the one with the attention span of a goldfish!!). The point is that my daughter is quite happy for me to do this on her behalf (whether you like it or not). And as I have previously mentioned, she is quite capable of managing things on her own, but this particular issue has got her down. I readily comprehend that my daughter is not everyone elses number 1 priority (surely she is equal priority to everyone else with my DS1 and DS2!!;)

Fast forward a good few years and it will be interesting to see if any of your children are ever in a position like this how you react and deal with it.

Carol
  • mandi
    mandi Posts: 11,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Cazze,

My sons nearly 19, and hes got this thing about anyone in authority.. just goes to pieces.. and gets flustered...

You know your daughter better than anyone, and if shes happy for you to complain , then I cant see the problem...They are more likely to listen to you, than think they have " another moaning " teenager on the line
  • cazziej
    Options
    mandi wrote: »
    Cazze,

My sons nearly 19, and hes got this thing about anyone in authority.. just goes to pieces.. and gets flustered...

You know your daughter better than anyone, and if shes happy for you to complain , then I cant see the problem...They are more likely to listen to you, than think they have " another moaning " teenager on the line

Thank you Mandi

I am glad somebody can see it from my point of view. :T I think you are right with the theory on speaking to somebody in "authority".

From my experience, if they have a teenager on the line they think they can talk to them like s**t! As I have said, a few times they have started trying to speak to me as though I were an imbecile, until they realised they werent going to get away with it!:rotfl:

Best wishes

Carol
  • mandi
    mandi Posts: 11,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    I can see your point of view, 19 year olds are not quite " grown up " enough to deal with some daunting situations.. I would do the same :D

GO for it, and I hope you both get some respect ..
  • cazziej
    Options
    mandi wrote: »
    I can see your point of view, 19 year olds are not quite " grown up " enough to deal with some daunting situations.. I would do the same :D

GO for it, and I hope you both get some respect ..

Cheers Mandi:beer: .

And I love your Avatar - it looks just like me (and then I wake up!!):rotfl: :rotfl: :wink:

Carol
  • MRS_TO_BE_2
    MRS_TO_BE_2 Posts: 666 Forumite
    Options
    I personally think it would be better for your daughter to address the complaint issue. A letter written with your help will help her in the future when it comes to compaining about issues. You can of course write a seperate issues addressing the way you were spoken to and how it made you feel.

I fully understand that you are trying to help your daughter but feel she would do better to try and start dealing with them herself with you of course in the background. she can then take notes of conversations and ask the member of staff to hold whilst she clarifys stuff with you. Believe me she will learn alot more this way.

As for your original request for an email address sadly there isn't one. You need to write to the office manager and it will be looked into. If you are still not happy after receiving the reply I think it tells you what to do next.
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    All I have to say is that this young woman deserves to be treated with respect. I can also understand a young woman of 19 not being mature/comfortable enough to complain herself and asking for help from Mum. My husband and I ask each other for help sometimes! What's wrong with helping her, you would do it for a friend.

My son is older than the OP's daughter but has a condition which means he can't handle certain things,especially those to do with what to him are complex financial issues, so I went to the bank with him last year (at his request) to help him open a savings account.

If parents can't help their children out, who the heck can?
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • MRS_TO_BE_2
    MRS_TO_BE_2 Posts: 666 Forumite
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with helping out. I often help my friends that are less articulate (btw I can't spell!) but in a way that enables them to learn so they can help themselves in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure