Email address for Job Centre Plus complaints Department please.

Options

Comments

• bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    Options
    alison999 wrote: »
    oh dear, someon e else giing advise that she didnt ask for :rotfl:prepare for the wrath of carol:eek:

Well, I was going to suggest that her attitude/tone was perhaps not helping either, but thought better of it. :p

Not saying it would make them take longer, just that it may discourage them from busting a gut to help.
  • alison999
    alison999 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    Options
    bestpud wrote: »
    Well, I was going to suggest that her attitude/tone was perhaps not helping either, but thought better of it. :p

Not saying it would make them take longer, just that it may discourage them from busting a gut to help.

lol i was just joking and hope that post can be seen for what it was. BUT i do think to expect people not to comment on the situation (or only be polite to the ones that say what you want/like to hear) isnt really fair.
  • John38_2
    John38_2 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    If on the off chance you were intending to drive a vehicle full of explosives into the DWP office, specifically the Social Fund section, then let me know.

I'll pay for your petrol. ;)
  • cazziej
    cazziej Posts: 321 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The good thing is they will backdate it when they do eventually get it sorted, and your dd has a roof over her head and food to eat in the meantime.

I can't help thinking they must be rolling their eyes at a mother calling in behalf of her perfectly able 19 year old dd though! I know you don't want to hear this, but if I would not be bending over backwards to help in this situation.

If you persist with the complaint, you definitely need to write, not email, as already said. Emails are too easily ignored imo.

Well it is a good job she has or she would have been left to rot. And I really do not care if they are rolling their eyes at me, truthfully, I will not sit back and watch my daughter be left in tears after being spoken to as though she is trash and being passed from pillar to post; I will not put up with this for anybody. And as for not bending over backwards to help, maybe I am in the wrong for thinking that at a time she needs help, my daughter should be given it without a major daily battle.

Believe me, I will be persisting with this complaint, and day by day, this department are giving me more to complain about.

Carol
  • cazziej
    Options
    oh dear, someon e else giing advise that she didnt ask for :rotfl:prepare for the wrath of carol:eek:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Pardon me for trying to help my daughter; I have obviously got it wrong. Do you know, I really think I might have got a better response if I had said that I am thinking of boiling my daughters had in a vat of oil, which is the best method to use!

Can you honestly say that if you saw a family member upset day after day and going round in circles trying to get money SHE IS ENTITLED TO, you would just sit back and do nothing? Actually, judging by your responses, scrap that question as I already know the answer.

Carol
  • cazziej
    Options
    John38 wrote: »
    If on the off chance you were intending to drive a vehicle full of explosives into the DWP office, specifically the Social Fund section, then let me know.

I'll pay for your petrol. ;)

Hi John, I may just take you up on the offer!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Carol
  • cazziej
    Options
    lol i was just joking and hope that post can be seen for what it was. BUT i do think to expect people not to comment on the situation (or only be polite to the ones that say what you want/like to hear) isnt really fair.

Alison, I hope you are never in this situation, you obviously seem to think it is all a joke, but when some poor soul finds a battle with the DWP/JCP too much to cope with and can't take any more, I wonder if you will still be joking around then.

And I am polite to the people who take the time to be polite and civil to me.

Thank you please!!

Carol
  • glossgal
    glossgal Posts: 438 Forumite
    Options
    OP I won't make any personal comments about you or your situation again but I think it really needs pointing out to you that a) benefit claims can take weeks to sort out for virtually EVERYONE B) Crisis Loans are meant to be one- off small payments to tide you over not to live off-the average payment is around £30 and you're damn lucky to get more than one in a 3 month period c) £6 a day is the amount the government says a young person can live off, I would e-mail the department of works and pensions rather than JCP if you have a bone to pick with this.

I would also like to state that when I was 19/20 and living at home I received about £30 per week JSA and gave my mum £15 of this as housekeeping. I am pleased to report that I didn't die of starvation.
    "I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself" -Oscar Wilde
  • cazziej
    Options

I see, so THEY can have as much attitude/tone as they like with me/my daughter, but WE have to sit back and take it - I really don't think so.

And as for them not busting a gut to help - chance would be a fine thing - so far it takes them all the time to answer the phone, never mind bust a gut doing anything helpful or even speaking civilly.

Carol
  • cazziej
    Options
    glossgal wrote: »
    OP I won't make any personal comments about you or your situation again but I think it really needs pointing out to you that a) benefit claims can take weeks to sort out for virtually EVERYONE B) Crisis Loans are meant to be one- off small payments to tide you over not to live off-the average payment is around £30 and you're damn lucky to get more than one in a 3 month period c) £6 a day is the amount the government says a young person can live off, I would e-mail the department of works and pensions rather than JCP if you have a bone to pick with this.

I would also like to state that when I was 19/20 and living at home I received about £30 per week JSA and gave my mum £15 of this as housekeeping. I am pleased to report that I didn't die of starvation.

Glossgal, thank you for deigning not to make any personal comments about me (again) much appreciated (not).

a. I am now well aware that benefit claims can take weeks to sort out, never being in this position before, it has been an eye opener. Although I have seen with my own eyes people making claims and them being sorted out in a flash (not dire circumstances I might add, before somebody jumps on this point). My main complaint is the way she and I have been spoken to, as though we were the dregs of the earth for daring to ask for money.

b. Yes I am aware that crisis loans are said to be one off payments, although you say they are not to live off but to tide you over, if you have no other income and the crisis loan is the first thing you get, should you not "live off" this? What else should you do?

I shall be writing also to the DWP with regard to the paltry £6 odd allocated per day. And well done you for managing on £15 per week and not starving. You don't say how long ago this was so I cannot comment. BUT, as I have previously mentioned, she has also needed money for petrol to attend her interviews. By the attitude of some of the posters on this forum, it seems that she would have been better thought of if she had been lazing around, not bothering to look for a job and wanting to go on benefits long term. Out of the first 3 interviews she went to, she was offered all 3 jobs, but she won't get any credit for this will she? no, all she has had is snide comments saying how her mother shouldn't be speaking for her or complaining for her.

As my daughter has said she hopes NEVER to be on benefits after this fiasco.

Carol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport