Email address for Job Centre Plus complaints Department please.

Options

Comments

• sharski
    sharski Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    troll.jpg
    Oops!! Should I have posted this??? Some users don't think I shouldn't be offering advice due to my occupation!!! :confused:
  • qwertyuiop12345
    Options
    cazziej wrote: »
    Hi

Does anybody happen to have the email address for the complaints department at Job Centre Plus/DWP please?

I have googled until I am blue in the face but keep ending up at the same place, without an email address!!

The DWP seem to be quite good at keeping their department structure and contact details hidden, so I would be inclined to go straight to the top and email Mel Groves (acting CEO of Jobcentreplus). I believe his email is [EMAIL="mel.groves@jobcentreplus.gsi.gov.uk"]mel.groves@jobcentreplus.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL]

Of course he won't reply personally, but he will be able to forward your email to the relevant person. I hope that helps.
  • Shaan
    Shaan Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    U can call them> jobcentreplus up and ask for the District Manager address so that u can log your complaints/ there is a complaint procedure to follow/ ur MP is another one u can approach too/ i too hv to log in a complaint/ just to jog their memory that they are there coz of ppl like us hence we should be treated with respect and dignity..The new recruits have no mentor to train them/for one signature and a little chat took me 1 hr 45 mins and each time he had to log out and seek help elsewhere...the service was so appauling..:(
  • Shaan
    Shaan Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Not to forget to seek advice from Citizens Advice Bureau in your borough
  • NM19
    NM19 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    The DWP seem to be quite good at keeping their department structure and contact details hidden, so I would be inclined to go straight to the top and email Mel Groves (acting CEO of Jobcentreplus). I believe his email is [EMAIL="mel.groves@jobcentreplus.gsi.gov.uk"]mel.groves@jobcentreplus.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL]

Of course he won't reply personally, but he will be able to forward your email to the relevant person. I hope that helps.

Thanks for the email adress I just had a experience of the great (terrible) customer service on show at the Job Centre. Having paid my taxes and NI I am treated like a 2nd class citizen by people who are not fit or qualified shine my shoes! I was just shouted and abused by a centre manager and a security guard ... obviously freinds ... comain about one and the other one wants you thrown out! for what! ... using a word .. not a abusive word to describe the level of their service and the 'proposterous' nature of asking some ridiculous questions just so you can turn up to a meeting you were requested for! I canot believe the money I have been paying into the system which is balanced in favour of those who do not want to work and sponge off the rest of us! Scrap it and bring in a USA style system! I'm now looking at Self Employement or leaving this country (which I do not want to cas I was born here) ... what a stupid system .. no wonder all these sponges keep turning up ... but the people who work and pay into it NEVER seem to get what they should when they need it!!!!
  • jaymee1990
    Options
    I'm a 19 year old girl and was once late for my sign on date. I rang up and told them that I'd simply over-slept. Something that I don't usually do when I have somewhere to be. I had my time rescheduled to that afternoon. I had such a rude woman who thought it right to look down her twice pierced nose at me just for being on benefits. I'd also gone with my sister as I had to pick her up from school that afternoon and the look I got! She just jumped to the conclusion that my sister was my daughter.
    Some people at the job centre are disgusting. Luckily the girl who usually helps me is lovely. They're not all bad!

I've found it hard to get an email address as well. It's like they're avoiding the confrontation!
  • NASA_2
    NASA_2 Posts: 5,571 Forumite
    Options
    You lot could always write a letter, and, assuming it doesnt get lost, I am sure they will reply. You can even get your MP (Who designed the system (Or commissioned its design from private sector companies) lets remember) and get them to raise a complaint on your behalf. It matters more when its an MP complaint.

In the meantime though I am sure bitching about things on a forum is doing the world of good.
  • Maolin
    Maolin Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I dont think its meant to be personal there just stuck up b@$3@/# and there left hand doesn't know what there right hand is doing. I phoned someone from the head office in Birkenhead over not getting paid because I had gone from contribution based to income based and was not told that I had to fill out a JS03
    I spoke to a man called Andrew who said it had been stoped because I failed to respond to a letter of which I tried to exlain I had received no letter telling me I needed to start a fresh claim but was continually interupted as he just kept resiting a letter they had sent me that told me I had exhauasted my contribution based the letter went on to say:-
    "IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS DECISION OR IF YOU THINK IT IS WRONG
    Please contact and we will give you an explanation"
    As far as what was written in the letter I had no reason to ring them and began to explain on the phone that the letter made no mention of this JS03 form or that my money was going to be stopped and the reason I didn't get my money was a communication faliure on there part. I now have to wait for them to pull there finger out of there @r$# and process the JS03 form before I can get an emergency payement

Birkenhead BDC, Jupiter Drive, Chester, CH70 8BP. 0845 6088529
    Manager is Brian Rimmer
  • tjayne_2
    tjayne_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    do you know you lot are a set of up your own !!!! power freaks and need to go find someone else to bully. you cant tell your sort -say anything to feel somewhat powerful. if my daughter was being BULLIED i also would help sort it out for her and be complaining on her behalf. she is quite capable but if i dont like something im in my rights to complain about it. if i saw a customer in a supermarket being treated unfairly by her superviser i would complain. young people have not got the confidence or life skills to deal with these so called authority people. actually they are not in any position of authority at all and are actually paid by the mother in the first place -they are public service workers. they are not more intelligent or above anyone they deal with- they just have a job!!! they are not solicitors or teachers -they are basically unskilled workers working for a council- paid for by tax payers. i have been in a job center with the odd young person as a support worker and have at times pointed out that the attitude and behaviour of the advice workers is not very professional at all. also you nit pickers up above ought to get a life instead of trolling forums looking for prey to insult -all to give them selves a little bit of entertainment in their sad and obviously boring little lifes. in fact i bet you are all sad bloody job center staff - oh the power it must give them to bully someone who is down on their luck.
  • briona
    briona Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Options
    tjayne wrote: »
    do you know you lot are a set of up your own !!!! power freaks and need to go find someone else to bully. you cant tell your sort -say anything to feel somewhat powerful. if my daughter was being BULLIED i also would help sort it out for her and be complaining on her behalf. she is quite capable but if i dont like something im in my rights to complain about it. if i saw a customer in a supermarket being treated unfairly by her superviser i would complain. young people have not got the confidence or life skills to deal with these so called authority people. actually they are not in any position of authority at all and are actually paid by the mother in the first place -they are public service workers. they are not more intelligent or above anyone they deal with- they just have a job!!! they are not solicitors or teachers -they are basically unskilled workers working for a council- paid for by tax payers. i have been in a job center with the odd young person as a support worker and have at times pointed out that the attitude and behaviour of the advice workers is not very professional at all. also you nit pickers up above ought to get a life instead of trolling forums looking for prey to insult -all to give them selves a little bit of entertainment in their sad and obviously boring little lifes. in fact i bet you are all sad bloody job center staff - oh the power it must give them to bully someone who is down on their luck.
    Interesting first post! I'm not entirely sure why you felt the need to dredge up a two year old thread for your semi-literate rant though...

With regards to the highlighted sentence, may I suggest you look up the definition of "double standards"? ;)
    If I don't respond to your posts, it's probably because you're on my 'Ignore' list.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure