Anyone Into Cross Stitching?

Options

Comments

• chillin_nutta
    chillin_nutta Posts: 473 Forumite
    Options
    That card is absolutely beautiful... i'd be delighted to receive that.

Getting on with the cross stitching, i forgot how content i am doing it hence not eating much woohoo - great for the diet :D Anyone else find this??

emmy x
    2008 Wins: 2 x VIP tickets to Ministry Of Sound, Umbrella, Tea Towel, £50 Tesco Gift Card, Amplifier (worth over £1,100 alone).

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You" (Dr Seuss)
  • jintyb
    jintyb Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Getting on with the cross stitching, i forgot how content i am doing it hence not eating much woohoo - great for the diet :D Anyone else find this??

emmy x
    Yes, I find that too! I get so engrossed, I dont think about nibbling! Too early to see results tho! Stitching also helped me give up smoking too - so its all good!

Have a happy day !

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
  • bookadict
    bookadict Posts: 254 Forumite
    Options

emmy x

Hi Emmy,

I'm the same. Also my biggest fear is that after nibbling I might get greasy marks on the aida - even my hands have been washed before hand.

In the past year cross stitch has helped me lose just under 2 stone. Now the nights are lighter for longer, I'll be doing a couple of hours a night - less nibbiling and a great way to finish the UFO's!!!:rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge 2009 - target £750. Dec - April £275

April NSD - 15/20
  • jintyb
    Options
    bookadict wrote: »
    Hi Emmy,

I'm the same. Also my biggest fear is that after nibbling I might get greasy marks on the aida - even my hands have been washed before hand.

In the past year cross stitch has helped me lose just under 2 stone. Now the nights are lighter for longer, I'll be doing a couple of hours a night - less nibbiling and a great way to finish the UFO's!!!:rotfl:

Congrats on the great weight loss - I hope I can manage the same , that would be great!
    Like you, Im afraid to get marks on the fabric!

• shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm like you ladies too, find stitching stops me eating. I wash my hands before I start and sometimes if its warm and they feel clammy I'll go wash them again.
    The sitting hunched over doesn't do my back and/or shoulders much good though :D

We moved a couple of years ago and I have found out that I can even stitch in the evening when its dark. We have spots in the ceiling and there is one above me but just far enough forward so as not to cast a shadow.
  • maria_and_the_imps
    Options
    i have finished my poem and also found a cross stich in teh cupboard that i did when my little girl was a baby, will post pictures later
    i have now started my advent calendars and need to make 3 so that is 72 pockets i need to make!!!! i have already done 5 so only 67 to go lol
    so im glad i started now lol
    im taking a break from my flower faries as it was driving me mad
    hope everyone elses projects are coming along ok
    mountain ash i love your card and unlike everyone else i eat whilst sewing, which i know is really bad but i just cant help myself lol
    xxx
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • jintyb
    Options
    i have finished my poem and also found a cross stich in teh cupboard that i did when my little girl was a baby, will post pictures later
    i have now started my advent calendars and need to make 3 so that is 72 pockets i need to make!!!! i have already done 5 so only 67 to go lol
    so im glad i started now lol
    im taking a break from my flower faries as it was driving me mad
    hope everyone elses projects are coming along ok
    mountain ash i love your card and unlike everyone else i eat whilst sewing, which i know is really bad but i just cant help myself lol
    xxx

Well done on finishing! That sounds like a major project with the advent calendars - worth it in the end though. Im just about to get my sewing out and get on with it. Im dying to get it finished - my cottage and garden - as Ive got loads of stuff "in the queue" ( Will just have a wee cuppa and a biccie first, heh, heh):D

• MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Im another one who finds that x stitching keeps my head out of the fridge :T.... I keep a big bottle of fizzy water at my side as sometimes I get so carried away I forget to get up and get a drink :o although when hubbies in its great as I get cups of tea on tap:rotfl:
    Im still working on mums "in her garden" picture and as we have now decided to go home for xmas I HAVE to get it done..I will get a frame and frame it when I get there :rolleyes:
    Here are a few more of my finished projects...the indians are in a cupboard at the moment as my tastes have changed ..I still love them and can't imaging getting rid of them as they were the first 2 I did..its just "where to put them?"
    poppyb.th.jpg
    Hubby got me this kit as an anniversary pressie -it needs restretching but Im waiting until I go home and can get some nonreflective glass like the indians have as I think they look much better;)
    walktall.th.jpg
    walksoftly.th.jpg
    robbink.th.jpg
    and this was hubbies first attempt on evenweave :T

I have quite a few kits/charts in a queue waiting to get done..so I have banned myself from buying anymore :A:rotfl:..I love seeing what everyone else is doing but its soooooo tempting :p
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • chillin_nutta
    chillin_nutta Posts: 473 Forumite
    edited 7 May 2009 at 10:11PM
    Options
    Yeah i'm like the others - I don't want to mark my material lol

I'm deff going to try and stick with my stitching for my health mainly ;) although hubby would prob disagree, and say i need to stop for the health of his pocket lol.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some really girly girl fairy cross stitch kits... any help would be fab...

emmy x
    2008 Wins: 2 x VIP tickets to Ministry Of Sound, Umbrella, Tea Towel, £50 Tesco Gift Card, Amplifier (worth over £1,100 alone).

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You" (Dr Seuss)
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, I started cross stitching a while ago but not bothered for ages! I've just bought 18 cross stitching kits off ebay they should come tomorrow I'm dead excited. Do any of you use the hoops or just do it free hand?

I know where to come if I need any help

Steph xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family