Options
    big thank you to rainmac for the charts you sent me xxx

No problem, hope they are useful ;)
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • jintyb
    jintyb Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Right, Im on for a rant! I am in the middle of a kit called Our Little House which is by Jannlyn. Yet again, there is nowhere near enough thread included to complete the project so I am having to go and buy extra. I've sent an email to them expressing my annoyance! Im fed up of kits as this happens a lot! Im going to do the ones in my stash, then after that Im just going to use charts and materials seperately IFYSWIM! Has anyone had the same problem? Im fairly experienced at stitching and as a true money saver, I try to be economical with my thread!
    There, I feel better now!

Rainmac: thanks for introducing me to Lizzie Kate and Brent Creek - they look wonderful, just my thing! Do you have a preferred supplier on ebay?

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    jintyb wrote: »
    Right, Im on for a rant! I am in the middle of a kit called Our Little House which is by Jannlyn. Yet again, there is nowhere near enough thread included to complete the project so I am having to go and buy extra. I've sent an email to them expressing my annoyance! Im fed up of kits as this happens a lot! Im going to do the ones in my stash, then after that Im just going to use charts and materials seperately IFYSWIM! Has anyone had the same problem? Im fairly experienced at stitching and as a true money saver, I try to be economical with my thread!

Rainmac: thanks for introducing me to Lizzie Kate and Brent Creek - they look wonderful, just my thing! Do you have a preferred supplier on ebay?

Not really, I just go for best price to be honest ;) Saw this on the sew and so website today...

59656h.jpg

I think it's fab :D
  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    Options
    jintyb wrote: »

Not often, but a couple of times. One was a Jane Greenoff kit and I emailed to tell her....no reply! Not impressed!
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • jintyb
    jintyb Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    rainmac wrote: »
    Not really, I just go for best price to be honest ;) Saw this on the sew and so website today...

59656h.jpg

I think it's fab :D

How lovely is that? I love it! Thanks for posting.

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
  • rainmac
    Options
    Ruth_honey wrote: »
    Not often, but a couple of times. One was a Jane Greenoff kit and I emailed to tell her....no reply! Not impressed!

I bet you didn't order from her again ;)
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    Have at lasy finished MIL's teacup cross stitch coaster :T First attempt so I'm really thrilled with myself.Now I'm wanting another to do..............lol

rainmac - love the 'christmas' one...........don't think I could do anything like that though :confused:
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • rainmac
    Options
    mary43 wrote: »
    Have at lasy finished MIL's teacup cross stitch coaster :T First attempt so I'm really thrilled with myself.Now I'm wanting another to do..............lol

rainmac - love the 'christmas' one...........don't think I could do anything like that though :confused:

Of course you could, it's all normal cross stitch, no backstitch or fractionals or anything.
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    Must admit I like the idea of it...............oh you've got me thinking now...............:rotfl:
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • chillin_nutta
    chillin_nutta Posts: 473 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all - I just found this thread and i'm delighted it's here. I'm into cross stitching and only just started not long ago. I've completed a couple of little ones, but really itching to do a big one...i've got a medium sized one just now of a sampler for my mum and dad's silver anniversary only just started it again after doing just the bears bum lol. but never mind.

i'll be having a look through to see what tips and savings i can find from this thread but i hope you all don't mind me joining - be nice to be apart of something i can do lol

emmy xxx
    2008 Wins: 2 x VIP tickets to Ministry Of Sound, Umbrella, Tea Towel, £50 Tesco Gift Card, Amplifier (worth over £1,100 alone).

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You" (Dr Seuss)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure