PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Friday 23rd May

Options

Comments

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi and welcome to Shel - good to hear you have joined this lovely thread!

(((Hugs))) to Essex-Girl - hope you're feeling better now.

Well, we've had our fish and chips and really enjoyed them; they were followed by our usual Friday night treat of Cadbury's Turkish Delight for pudding so a really healthy dinner, I don't think!

RedRuby - have you opened the wine yet? We're just about to 'cheers' to you!

Have a good evening, all.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Options
    Evening, welcome to Sheldon and Evilspartacus.

Fish and chips here for tea also. :D
    Miss Twit's boyfriend has arrived to spend a few days with us...."loves young dream" (where's that vomiting smiley)

Big hugs to all the poorly ones :grouphug:

Love The Twit
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :rotfl:
    sheldon08 wrote: »
    Hello everyone :hello:

Thought I'd come and introduce myself.....Hi I'm shel :D

Candy told me how lovely it can be in here so wanted to come and have a gander.

Will pop in and out...work shifts and definately not surfing the net as early as some of you....more a night owl really.

You all seem such a friendly and busy lot so...pleased to meet you all :D

shel x
    Hi Shells bells:j :j :j
    I've had a sleep and a lager so have calmed down from my rant, sorry ladies:o :o:o and thanks IVYLEAF XXXX;)
    PS shel's a nutter so watch out:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: funny though;) :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    mioliere wrote: »
    RedRuby - have you opened the wine yet? We're just about to 'cheers' to you!

Have a good evening, all.

KathyXX

Yup :D :beer: , had one glass, sitting in the conservatory,with little dog, OH is in the bath, he bought the 7 boxes of cameras for £40, and on the top of one box were two cameras worth £60 each, so hopefully we will make a bit from them, cheers to Kathy and hubbie :beer: , have a good evening all xx
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, I've just dug out a bottle of absolut citron-apparently it's 80% proof (might be a wimp and have some lemonade with it). Every time i think about having a drink I know I have to drive early next morning so end up not bothering and having 'a cup of tea' instead. Then, when I'm not going to be driving I never think about having a drink. (this really is the same girl who used to go out every weekend - when kids were at daddy's - and get quite sozzled) that was nearly 2 years ago.
    I'm now waffling (and haven't even had a drink yet) so I'll shut up and open the bottle!!! :D
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Been a busy day today went to two supermarkets and took my dad to the shops too. Managed to fit in a couple of loads of washing and have some bread in the oven, i`m exhausted now so don`t suppose i`ll be up too late tonight.

The weather has stayed dry here most of the day but it has been cold and breezy so i didn`t feel like sorting the garden out, as it turned out there wasn`t time anyway but i hope it`s nicer tomorrow.

((((HUGS)))) to Smoky & MrsMix anyone who would like one feel free to grab one too.

Welcome to the newbies too!

I`m off to check the oven now.
    Have a good evening peeps
    SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    TATTYCATH....... sounds like you could do with one, I think I will join you as I have had some good news and feel yeeeehaaaaaa, will post tomorrow. I haven't read last 2 pages of this thread but will catch up tomorrow.

I have good news and not so bad news, but hey, that's life.

SMOKEY (( lots of everything )) and more.
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    CHRISCA, Just started to read (backwards) this thread and read your post, Good grief, I do hope things will get better for you , seems like you have your hands full.
    Bestest wishes to you and yours, Don't forget to look after Chrisca. x
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Have been reading thread at work in my lunch hour this week, - but can't post from there! Anyway, it's now officially half-term, and I'm on my second glass of wine. Only a term and a half to go before retirement - can you tell I'm getting excited?
    Mrs Mix - have been thinking of you and hoping today went as well as it could.
    Hope the weather lasts for the whole w/e....and into next week, because we're taking off for a few days from Monday.
    ((HUGS)) to all who need one just now.
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • sheldon08
    sheldon08 Posts: 29,570 Forumite
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    :rotfl:
    Hi Shells bells:j :j :j

PS shel's a nutter so watch out:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: funny though;) :D

:shhh: :whistle: :p
    :dance:Mash p'tater, mash p'tater:dance:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills