PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Friday 23rd May

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Thursday 22nd May 2008. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Morning all,

Sorry that went a bit wrong :o , any hoo, where is every one ? not often I am first.

Work today then 11 days off so I am :T :T , tgif, :D , we have salmon for tea, think I will do new pots and brocoli with it, so quite easy, will then have a glass or two, of wine, to help me celebrate my holiday, and drown my sorrows over the MOT :D

Hugs to Pen pin, hope you are ok, and soon home xx

Smoky hope you and the children are ok xx

Candy, and Mrs mix hugs to you xx

Hope everyone is is ok, have a good friday all xxx

Comments

• Ladygrim
    Ladygrim Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning redruby, and hello to all who follow.
    I havent had chance to catch up on the threads, so hugs to all in need.
    Have got work all day today, would rather be out enjoying the sunshine. Oh well, these things have to be done.
    Have a great day everyone.
    LG
    working hard at this thing called life
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    morning redruby and all who follow:D

had a great sleep, had a bath last night, didny stay in long as was feeling dizzy and was starting to get sleepy, so went to bed after that, which was about 7pm, woke up at 5.30, must have been tired:rolleyes:

the lentil soup was lovely, didnt have any lentils left though, mum came over to examine it and i had made it too thick and forgot to add salt, ah well first time and all that:D

money in today from dh's previous work so will go to costco this evening as he doesnt want to go on a saturday.

he also said he will get me a new computer:j as this one is so slow and keeps crashing, just need one that will be good for getting on the internet, dont use it for anything else.

right today will put on some bread, need something for lunch as the cupboards are bare, yet again, dh was good last night as while i was asleep in the evening he did the dishes and made tea for today, smells yummy

hugs
    susie
  • jannyannie
    jannyannie Posts: 797 Forumite
    Options
    Morning RedRuby and all who cross and follow

We can't be the only one's up. It's lovely here. I thought it was supposed to rain. Had another bonfire last night so thats all the old rubbish gone. Need to do some hacking down over the next few days of lots of overgrown shrubs.

So glad DS is on holiday next week. I have my last shift on Saturday, then I'm off. Am going in to the Trust library to day to try and get to grips with all this literature searching. Just want it all to go away and have been avoiding it most of the week. Am just so tired.

Think OH wants to take us all out today as it's payday:j . Mind you have just looked at mine and it was hardly worth getting out of bed for so it will be another tight month and I have to fill up the car:eek: .

Must go and have a shower and get on. Smell like a bonfire!

Have a good day all. Hugs to everyone, as so many of you seem to need one.

Jan :A xxxx
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Overcast here today & rain is forcast for the weekend, still it won't spoil my weekend.
    It looks like hubby & BIL are out of work for a few weeks from Tuesday, one job is on hold waiting for the plumber & has been for a month now & one is on hold waiting for the plasterer. There may be another job coming up in August, but I'm not holding my breath. If BIL doesn't find work he won't be moving out for a while.
    Katy's flight is on Wednesday at 11 am & assuming she manages to catch it I will feel safe from midday onwards.
    Have a good day.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Just popped in quickly - will be back later hopefully.

Just wanted to say mrs mix, thinking of you today xx
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All

(((hugs))) to Mrs-Mix, PP and anyone else who needs one.

Sun is not shining at the moment, doesnt matter too much today as am in the office but would like to get some washing dried, think will check the weekend forcast in a minute so can make some plans.

Catch up on paperwork day today, may have to go out later to pick oh's truck up from its service.

Roast chicken will definately be cooked today but may have it with a salad or will do all the normal roast trimmings.

Want to do some baking this weekend so will have a look around the threads to see what inspires me, think will definately try the chocolate mayonaise cake.

Have a great Friday all.
    x
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

I have been surfing for some artificial turf, we have made a dog run in our DD's garden for her 2 Labs. and had a brainstorm and thought that would be better than real grass, as it wouldn't get muddy and could be hosed down. Has anyone here ever tried it? Bit early for questions really but thought I'd catch everyone who follows.

I had a better nights sleep and feel ready to face the day, not sure what to do, I have someone collecting loads of paint I put on freecycle at 8am, so might carry on and sort more stuff out. We have a double garage yet would have probs trying to park a skatebpard in there.

Off to catch up on Thursdays thread.
    Wishing all a pain free day.
    (((((( Smokie, have been thinking of you )))))))
  • stressedoutmumof1
    Options
    Morning everyone

It's very dark here this morning - me thinks the heavens are going to open :rolleyes:

Work today, then it's a nice long weekend :j Skint though, payday is on Thursday - never mind.

Will be having a bash at Arkonite's cheeseburger impossible pie this weekend. Tea tonight will be ranchero pie.

Need to get a wriggle on and make the packed lunches.

Have a great day everyone. (((((hugs))))))
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very quick good morning from Casa DG

(((Mrs_Mix)), (((Pen-Pin))), (((Smoky))),(((candygirl))), (((everyone else)))

Right off to put the kettle on, and have brekky ready for the day. Think we are eating out late afternoon/early evening, if DS & GF get organised. Hair this morning.

To all of you going on holiday (or just having time away from work) this coming week, enjoy, and I hope the weather is kind to you.

Take care - DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • Squiggly_Diddly
    Squiggly_Diddly Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all - well done RedRuby for starting us off :)

haven't had time to get here properly for the last couple of days. Looks a bit murky out the window, hopefully it might brighten up later.

((((smokey - hope you are doing ok; PenPin, MrsMix, candygirl)))))) and all those others who are in need at the moment. Glad to hear people's test results aren't as bad as expected too. All take time to look after yourselves please!!!!! (being my mother again....)

MrsMix - I hope today goes as well as these things can. Thinking of you.
    Hester, I expect we'll all hear the sigh of relief you breathe when Katy goes, sorry to hear about your hubby/BIL's lack of work.
    Beth - sorry no idea about artificial turf... sounds like a brilliant idea though!

Just half-watching GMTV talking about petrol prices again - it just feels like the world is running out of time somehow :( (am sure morbid thoughts are linked to my stress levels...). I must start to leave the car at home sometimes, and walk more - which now I've got 4 months off from having to go into uni will help. Not so easy when time-schedules are tight.
    Left my placement officially yesterday, had some lovely flowers & a voucher from Dunelm Mill :) (to go towards redecorating my bedroom :) )

Taking portfolio into uni this morning, having a cuppa there with a mate, then just home to chill for the rest of the afternoon I think. Child-free weekend coming up too :)

Still all quiet from Martyn????? Wonder if Aussie has any pics of what he & 'Jooly' have been up to....?!?!??!

TNG -:kisses3: :hello:
    Live your life until love is found, or love's gonna get you down" (credit to Mika!):p

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure