PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Friday 23rd May

Options

Comments

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone.

MRS MIX - thinking of you today and sending many (((hugs))).

SMOKY - (((Hugs))) to you and the LOs.

(((Hugs))) to all those who are poorly or who have poorly family members. TATTYCATH - hopefully the iron will put you right; it sounds as if you are anaemic and that can make you feel TATT - my GP's way of saying 'tired all the time').

PENPIN - thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery - can't wait to see you posting again.

AUSSIE - (((hugs))) to you and your sister.

CHURCHMOUSE - :hello: :hello: :hello:

Well, DH has just left; I have the BM and the WM on and will put the ironing board up in a minute. I must also move my car off the drive because DS2 has the day off and is coming round to clean his car with DH's pressure washer - it's a brilliant petrol-driven one that he swapped with someone who wanted a smaller domestic one; DH, DS1 and DS2 are thrilled with it - funny what men get excited about, isn't it? Once DS2 has cleaned his car, he's going to go home and bring his bride-to-be's car over for cleaning. I wonder if I can persuade him to do mine, too!

I'm making some bread so that he can take some home with him. DH has said he fancies shop-bought fish and chips tonight so I'm not arguing with that! We're going to a close friend's surprise 50th birthday party tomorrow so that will be another no-cook day - it's supposed to be a barbecue so I hope the weather holds out!

I shall do my ironing in a minute then, once DS2 has turned up and sorted himself out with the pressure cleaner, I shall nip out and get my food shopping done. I also need to buy some 'googly' eyes for the duck I have knitted for my friend's birthday pressie - she loves ducks and has two gorgeous ones in her garden.

Well, I suppose I had better go and get dressed. It's a beautiful morning here despite the not-too-promising forecast - I hope it lasts.

See you all later.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's all dull and looking like rain today, just in time for weekend eh:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Lat day in before half term yipeeeeeeeeee:j :j :j :j am soo tired I couldn't get up before.Anyway I will get my OS head on next week, the hosue is a sty n the freezer is empty:o :o
    Have great day everyone, and HUGGLES to all who need thme today.;)
    Speak later n cathc up on the fred;) :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone. OH gone to work. I now have eldest DD in bed feeling sick and other DD just gone to school.
    My best friend phoned last night, she lives near where I used to live and we haven't spoken for months what with one thing and another. Anyway she phoned last night and she is coming down to see me next week with her DD (who my DDs used to go to school with) so we're gonnas have a girly day and catch up and stuff-so I'm a very happy bunny this morning!!
    Right off to make a cuppa before heading out to help OH. and we need to sort out what we are going to carboot on sunday-so I hope it's fine on sunday and not windy!!!
    (((((hugs))))) smoky, pen-pin, mrs mix and anyone else who needs or would like one.
    Right be back later
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Mrs Mix, I hope today goes as well as can be expected. I'll be thinking of you. xx
    Aussie, Glad to hear you got your results back, I do hope your sister will make the right decision.
    Betheebee, Glad to hear that you had a better night's sleep...I hope you're feeling a bit better.
    candygirl, hope you have a better day today.

Just a quick one from me this morning as I'm still half awake. :o Only one child to get to school as dd is off school on study leave (though not a lot of studying going on :rolleyes: ) and the youngest is off for half term. He sees school holidays as an excuse for a cooked breakfast so that is already done.

The weather's looking promising today so I might get a while in the garden this morning then I've promised to take him out somewhere later. Dinner tonight? Not sure yet....will go and hang over the freezer once I've had another coffee.

Hope you all have a good day.

Pink
  • Ronankfan
    Ronankfan Posts: 707 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    morning everyone

just popped in to say Mrs Mix - thinking of you today (((hugs)))

Gotta go to work this morning and got DD2 home ill so my cousin is looking after her til i finish so must get a wriggle on and sort some bits out.

Liz xx
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    morning all

i have just popped in to say i will be thinking of you today Mrsmix x

will be back later if i get a message from penpin

hugs to smoky, anniestar, candygirl and tattycath
    thats good they know whats wrong with your dh rageineden

hugs to all xx
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning :wave:

First of all, ((( hugs ))) to Mrs Mix today.

Cloudy here today, well it is nearly Bank Holiday :rolleyes: still, I managed to get the bedding dried yesterday - I don't remember the last time I used the TD. I have a South facing conservatory, so managed to dry lots in there.

Went to Home Bargains and Netto yesterday and stocked up on toilet rolls and soap powder. Off to Aldi today, I am doing Slimming World and their Bio Optifit yoghurts are lovely and you can eat as many as you like.

We were thinking about doing a car boot at the weekend, but having seen the weather, might have to rethink :o

Leek and bacon bake tonight, we should have had it last night, but I realised I didn't have any potatoes, so had a chilli instead.

Crikey, it's only when I post on here I realise what a boring life I have :p

Catch you all later x
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • Crazychik
    Crazychik Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning All

(((hugs))) to mrs-mix, penny-pincher & anyone else who needs/want them

Its been a busy week. And today is even busier.
    After work, got to pay rest of my bills. Grab afew bits in town, then take Charlie (the cat) & the dog to the vets for their booster jabs! Try and get 2replacement front tyres too.

Home, start housework, sort clean washing out. Iron kids clothes ready for their wk end with their dad, and pack my bag too ready for wk end in London.

So If Im not back on here before I go, I hope everyone will have a great Bank holiday wk end.

Take care
    Love Emma xxx
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all! Not done anything yet except packed lunches and sent the kids on their way! Wasn't working last night, and think that the long sleep has totally addled me, sometimes it's worse when your body is reminded what it's missing out on!

Had a very sociable day yesterday, met a friend and her little girl for lunch, then gave another chum a lift on my way to meet up with a friend's mum and sis for a coffee and catch up. Lovely to see them all. Got home and cooked kids tea and watched a dvd with the kids, then nodded off on the sofa, so it was an early night here for everyone.

oh is off today, and has been busy loading the dw - for me! - whilst I'm typing here. Must get on and do some hoovering and make some more bread, now need at least two loaves a day sometimes more - yet apparently nobody can slice it except me, so guess the dog or cats must be eating it then!

Might drag myself out to Ikea, need new chest of drawers for ds, or more likely will go have a look in the junk shops, they're more likely to have something a bit more substantial, ds is not the most gentle of children!

Tea will be roast veg with moroccan seasoning on couscous, with a large bottle of red i think - for me and oh, not the kids!

Have a good day all xx
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • lyndseyann
    lyndseyann Posts: 24,555 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everyone,hope you are all well

mrs_mix-(((hugs))) and thoughts to you today xx

Smoky-xxx

candy-(((hugs))) xx

(((hugs))) to anyone else who may need one xx

Cold today.DD1 has gone to gymnastics practice this mornning.She said to me when she woke up " practice makes perfect mommy ! " Bless her Shes fine now :) .Thank you again for the kind words. Off to get camping gear today,well odd and ends as i have everything else,im very excited.
    Well im to make my cupper.Hope you all have a good day today,see you all soon xxx
    When you read my posts, think Barry from Auf weidersehen pet...I sound just like him ;) :rotfl:
    Boing boing baggies baggies :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport