PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Friday 23rd May

Options

Comments

• dutchy
    dutchy Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning to all! My first time posting on this thread.

I'm working all over the weekend including Monday, so haven't much planned. Going to friends tomorrow night to celebrate the spectacle that is........... Eurovision!! I adore it, and naturally have to shout for Netherlands, Belgium or wherever is closest, although we never win!:beer:

I already have a good sense of achievement for today, having fixed the puncture on OH's bicycle, so no more excuses for my Sweetie to take the car to work, haha!

Working til 9pm, so dinner will probably be a bowl of frosties!

Big hugs to anyone who needs them. I wish you all a wonderful Friday!

Dutchy
    Toto, something tells me we're not in Kansas anymore......
  • dorry_2
    dorry_2 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    Morning :wave:

hugs for pen pin and smoky and mrs mix

welcome dutchy :wave:
    ruby and crazychick--can i join u later for some vine :beer: :D

Me and ds2 are now off for 10 days:T ds2 has pd day today, so we both finished last night. my very kind boss said its ok for me to stay off with him! :A

I only have a week left of this contract with the agency, but they have found me another, its much closer to home and it only 3 days one week and two days the next, which is much better:D Its with the sensory impairment team so its going to be a learning curve, me thinks:rolleyes:

just waiting for Tesco to deliver this weeks food shopping. when I ordered on line this week, i noticed that alot of the prices have gone up again, the value ham has been 33p for years is now 39p and the value bacon has gone up about 10p, that added to all the other price increases, its scary!!!:eek:

just doing my menu plan for next, has anyone started thread for pen pin?? i will have a look later :p

its quite sunny here, but a bit chilly, I bought some bedding plants for my tubs on the decking last week, i have been that busy with work haven't had chance to water or plant them! tut! so will do that this afternoon.

ok, bye for now xxxxxxxx
    'If you judge people, you have no time to love them'
    Mother Teresa :D
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    redruby and everyone else who has days off - enjoy:T :j

mrs mix - hugs for today

tattycath - hope dd is feeling better soon

dutchy - welcome to os:D

right thats lo in bed for a nap, have dropped his naptime now but since we will be out in evening thought it best to put him up as otherwise he will be overtired:rolleyes:

must make a list for costco and see what meals i can make for the month, just get fed up with doing the same things all the time

susie
  • dorry_2
    dorry_2 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    kyle wrote: »
    redruby and everyone else who has days off - enjoy:T :j

mrs mix - hugs for today

tattycath - hope dd is feeling better soon

dutchy - welcome to os:D

right thats lo in bed for a nap, have dropped his naptime now but since we will be out in evening thought it best to put him up as otherwise he will be overtired:rolleyes:

must make a list for costco and see what meals i can make for the month, just get fed up with doing the same things all the time

susie

hi kyle :wave:

I know what you mean, I am looking for inspiration as well
    'If you judge people, you have no time to love them'
    Mother Teresa :D
  • Churchmouse
    Churchmouse Posts: 3,004 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning .

Candygirl, I just caught up with the rest of yesterday's thread.:o I am so sorry, I really did not want to upset you, just wanted to maybe help by showing a different perspective. I really didn't think you unsympathetic,( every post shows how much you care about him) and now I understand what it is you want him to acknowledge, well I just wish I hadn't opened my big mouth. I hope you can persuade him that he should be reporting every symptom of everything, even those he's convinced are from sciatica.(((hugs)))))

mrs mix, thinking of you today. Hope it goes as well as these things can. ((hugs))

((smoky)) thinking of you and the little ones.

lyndseyann so glad DD is OK this morning. What a little trouper to come back with that attitude after her disappointment. You must be very proud of her.

Well it's very overcast, but in a non-rainy way, so actually would be perfect for a spot of gardening. Problem is, my back still aches from yesterday's exertions, ( but the man with the hammer has gone from my head:T ) However as the plants I bought new this year are looking decidedly tired from still being in their little pots ( which I've forgotten to water for 2 days:eek: ) I really should crack on. And it would only be for a couple of hours, 'cos my favourite Sis-in-law, niece and great niece will be coming over after lunch:D

On which note I'll get off this computer and do something.:rotfl:

Hope you have good days, and the poorly feel better soon.

CM x
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning!:hello:

Pam - thinking of you specially today (((HUGS)))

Penny_Pincher - wishing you a speedy recovery from your op xx

Smokybabe, Candygirl and all in need ((((HUGS))))

Aussielass - you are in my thoughts, (((HUGS))) to you and your DSis.

Bargain Rzl - glad you had a good time with Nelski and that your Mum is coming.

Dutchy - welcome!

Churchmouse, Shez, Catznine, Catowen :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:

DS is getting ready for work , going as fast as he can, as he got a parking ticket yesterday because he didn't get his car moved from a residents' bay in time - he is a resident, of course, but his permit has expired and he hasn't renewed it as he plans to get rid of his rustbucket in the next couple of weeks. Last night he had to park in a business permit holders' bay, so he can't even get round that by putting a visitor's permit in the car:rolleyes:

DGS and DGD have their first "settling-in session" at nursery this afternoon, with another one next Tuesday - such a shame they can't spend a whole day there while "settling in", as DGS will be bewildered at lunchtime when they start next week:( They'll be going on Wednesdays and Thursdays when DD wil be working days, and she will also be working Friday and Saturday nights so I think she's going to be permanently exhausted :rolleyes:

DH had a text msg yesterday to say my new chair from IKEA will be delivered on Saturday :j :j :j "between 7 a.m and 11 a.m." :eek: :eek: :eek: and that the driver will ring about an hour beforehand to let us know he's on his way. I just hope he doesn't ring at 6 a.m. as I'm sure neither of us will hear DH's phone ringing that early! My current chair is still in good condition, so we'll give it to a charity that advertises for good used furniture. Shame to have to let it go really, but I need a smaller one with lower arms as I can't seem to get my (own) arms comfortable in this one. It's really too bulky for the amount of space we've got as well iyswim. Just not sure where we can put it until the charity can collect it:confused:

Need to go to ASDA today, aaagh, but have written a list and will keep to it (pity I keep thinking of yet another thing we need:p)

Dinner tonight - turkey stirfry.

All for now, will pop back later.

Oh - before I go - MUST tell you about a wonderful signature I saw on another board - apologies to the person whose sig it is, because i can't remember who they were or which board it was on - "What do we want? Procrastination! When do we want it? Tomorrow!":rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Thanks to whoever it is, for a good laugh.

Best wishes

ivyleaf xx:wave:
  • Churchmouse
    Churchmouse Posts: 3,004 Forumite
    Options
    Oh - before I go - MUST tell you about a wonderful signature I saw on another board - apologies to the person whose sig it is, because i can't remember who they were or which board it was on - "What do we want? Procrastination! When do we want it? Tomorrow!":rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Thanks to whoever it is, for a good laugh.

ivyleaf, that's priceless:rotfl: :T I shall keep an eye open for it when I look around the site:D And on that note, I really must get off:o
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Had a Ninny day today. He stayed for tea. Had a lovely but tiring day. :D DH already sound asleep. Off to visit DD for the day tomorrow. Going to Ikea and will lunch there. We both haven't been before and it's just around the corner from where she lives. My DSis did ring for the op today. :T She hasn't been told when yet but in a week to fortnights time they said. I'll keep you all posted.

MrsMix Thinking of you. <hugs>
    lyndsayann That's a lovely attitude your DD has.
    Pink Enjoy the hols with your kids.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• Nitha
    Nitha Posts: 472 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Having what my health visitor calls a 'blue day'. DS woke up hungry at 4am this morning and whilst in the kitchen I realised our kettle had broken and leaked all over the worktops. I'm full of cold with an abundance of housework to get through and I need to get the car off the drive, which doesn't sound like a big thing but when you have one of those days even taking out the rubbish seems like a massive horrid chore.
    Taking baby-steps :beer:
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hugs to pennypincher,mrsmix,smokey,annistar,jayward anyone else who could do with one.

Momentous news!!! After b***ching for months about my main oven being broken- I might get a new element fitted today!!!!:j :j

DH did not want to buy a new oven as we are hoping to move and did not want to pay a huge call out charge so I was stuck!!!

Mentioned the problem to a neighbour thinking he might know of a small local firm, and he offered to replace the element for us!!!!!

Still have loads of hobnobs from yesterday and will make Jersey potatoes, spicy chicken and special cabbage tonight.

Student DD coming home in middle of June and cannot face rice or pasta ever again so wonder what I can cook that she will like.

Might start a thread as I cannot be the only mother with this problem.

Going for a cup of coffee so see you later.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills