PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Friday 23rd May

Options

Comments

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DORRY - me again! I have just looked at the comps site - could you tell me what 'PPE' stands for, please? The site looks great; thanks so much for the link.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • dorry_2
    dorry_2 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    mioliere wrote: »
    DORRY - me again! I have just looked at the comps site - could you tell me what 'PPE' stands for, please? The site looks great; thanks so much for the link.

KathyXX

kathy, I think it stands for plain paper entry, not a postcard. just pop your name and address and any answer, on a plain piece of paper,then in envelope.

I haven't done any ppe, but I have in the past had great success with the post cards ones. It's a great hobby.:)
    In the past I have won:

french perfume called luna, it was lovely.

a dove gift set with towels

a girls night in pamper set, ( drinks, candles, nail set and dressing gown)

bob the builder orginal metal toys

various consoles games and dvds

green whelly gardening shoes (gave these to mil)

It's a great feeling when you win something, quite exciting opening the parcel up :T :rotfl:

There is another site I used to use, see if I can find it:D

Good luck xx
    'If you judge people, you have no time to love them'
    Mother Teresa :D
  • dorry_2
    dorry_2 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    Kathy,

here is the other one I used, it has all the chat/take a break answers on:rolleyes:

http://www.bananas.me.uk/comping/

this one gives help with making slogans for comps

http://www.winspiration.co.uk/
    'If you judge people, you have no time to love them'
    Mother Teresa :D
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :mad: Grrrrr I'm bl00dy livid.:mad: :mad: :mad: I got to work at 8.10 am to prepare, even though we only start at 8.45am.As a supply teacher I don't have to do this:rolleyes: For 20 mins at break I was sorting discipline issues out, and getting nowhere, due to lack of support from my so called boss.At lunch time I ate my lunch while sorting paperwork and merits out.At 3.18pm I was leaving the door when the caretaker!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: asked me why I was going early!!!!:mad::mad: :mad: The fkin caretaker!!!So i let him have it!!!Meanwhile my other supply colleagues come in at 8.40am and leave on the bell at 3.20pm and sweet FA at break n lunch!!!I never usually leave early, but have a massive migraine and needed to get home to chill/rant on here!!!From now on i'm working to rule:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Anyway it'd beer n pizza for me tonight, i've earned it;)
    Hope you've all had a better day than me xxxx:D
    ps I wont get a b0llocking, as my proper boss knows how hard I work, but resent getting questioned by a caretaker:mad:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Nitha
    Nitha Posts: 472 Forumite
    Options
    Bless you candy girl have a nice evening in front of the tV!
    Taking baby-steps :beer:
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ((((HUGS)))) Candygirl, what a stressful day you've had - I can't believe the caretaker was so cheeky:eek: Poor you, I hope your migraine goes asap. I'll pm you with details of the tablets i use - was going to mention them on here but then realised I might not be allowed to.

Jackk - welcome to OS - yes, it's surprising what one can manage to avoid doing by being on here:rotfl: I'm sure we all do it at times, I certainly do.

Chrisca - so sorry to hear about your DS, hope he's feeling much better and will manage to stop smoking. I was wondering where you'd got to!

Stefejb - hope your DD will be pleased with the result of her test! By now you should be really good at the "surprised but chuffed" expression you've been practising!

Need to go and try to pull my armchair out, to hoover under it ready for the new chair coming tomorrow, but keep trying to put it off (see what I mean, Chrisca?) because there's so much junk that will fall into the space made by pulling out the chair...
  • Evilspartacus
    Options
    (Decides to stop lurking)

Afternoon all :wave:
    Grow your own you know it makes sense.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi there, Evilspartacus! Welcome to the Daily thread!
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon everybody :hello:

((((hugs)))) to those in need, and welcome to the newbies.
    Shez, I remember you saying you fancied taking tap classes but I don't remember you saying you were actually doing it :T
    Good to know PP might be out of hospital tomorrow - I haven't texted her today. Must do that :)
    redruby, I'll be in touch about some more operatic recommendations ;)

I can't believe how fast my week off work has gone :( That's why it's nice to do it just before a Bank Holiday as I actually still have three whole days left. I'll be very grateful when Monday comes, actually, because Saturday and Sunday look set to be a teensy bit busy...

Tomorrow I am meeting my mum in town in the afternoon and having a picnic tea in Embankment Gardens, weather permitting. Then we are going to the opera (free tickets as I'm reviewing it) and as it's an early start/finish and a lot of people I know are also going, we are then going out for a meal with three of my friends. Mum is staying over Saturday night and coming to church with me, then I will be dispatching her to Paddington while I get taken out for lunch (annual treat for the choir from our churchwarden) and then go to some friends' "garden warming party" (which, as my mum pointed out, is more likely to be a "garden watering party" given the weather forecast :D)

So far today I have chucked out loads of stuff - so why doesn't my flat seem to be any tidier? ;):o I have also had a singing lesson, been to Netto for some odds and ends, and... errr... finally got around to registering with my local GP (yes, a mere 18 months after moving here! :o - oooh, actually, I've just realised it's 18 months today!)

Aaaaaaand now I have to go out to the pub to a work colleague's leaving do. I don't normally go to work things while I am on leave, but I know my colleague has only invited a few people, so I'm definitely going to go and keep her company.

See you later, love Rzl xx :wave:
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • lyndseyann
    lyndseyann Posts: 24,555 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,hope you are all well.

smoky-xxx

mrs_mix-in my thoughts xx

candy-aw,((((cuddles)))) mate,silly caretaker! xx

Twink-thank you for letting us know about penpin :)
    Dutchy and jackk-welcome,you ll love it on here :D :j

chrisca-hope your son feels alot better soon xx

Martyn-;) hope still lots of these:j :j :j :j

((((((HUGS)))) to anyone else who may need one.xx

Im happy since picking DD1 from school - She got a certificate for her gymnastics and it was presented to her in assembly this morning :j :j :j :j so she was really happy,and it made me happy :D:D:D she said "its because i took part :T " and it was nice to hear those words. wiggle.gifwiggle.gif

Thanks again everyone for caring xxx

Shes round her friends house now for her tea with a big grin on her face :D

Hope you have all had a good day,and enjoy your evening,speak soon xxx
    When you read my posts, think Barry from Auf weidersehen pet...I sound just like him ;) :rotfl:
    Boing boing baggies baggies :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport