PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Friday 23rd May

Options

Comments

• dorry_2
    dorry_2 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    Nitha wrote: »
    Morning all. Having what my health visitor calls a 'blue day'. DS woke up hungry at 4am this morning and whilst in the kitchen I realised our kettle had broken and leaked all over the worktops. I'm full of cold with an abundance of housework to get through and I need to get the car off the drive, which doesn't sound like a big thing but when you have one of those days even taking out the rubbish seems like a massive horrid chore.

we all have days like these and its worse when your tired! I know my ds2 now 11 didn't sleep through a whole night until he started reception class aged 5!!

just keep you energy up by eating loads and drinking lots of water xxx
    'If you judge people, you have no time to love them'
    Mother Teresa :D
  • jackk_2
    jackk_2 Posts: 288 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thought i'd just mention that this site is an excellent avoidance strategy , i'm meant to be writing up a research essay .

Jackie x
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Will be having a bash at Arkonite's cheeseburger impossible pie this weekend.

You can make it now I have corrected the recipe :o :whistle::whistle::whistle:
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    hello all

had another text from penny-pincher she is hoping to get home tomorrow and is doing her meal plans for the next two weeks as she is getting bored so hopefully they will let her out

cooler day here, glad kyle is going to costo as she gets me a huge bag of cat food that lasts a month

dinner will be chicken with hm coleslaw

welcome dutchy
    Aussie i am glad your sister is having the op, best thing for her
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Kyle-just a really nosey question really, I noticed in your sig you have had some wins this month. How many competitions do you enter in a month please? and what kind of competitions? on the net? postcard send? telephone? sorry, like I said I'm just being nosey (i like to think of it as more inquisitive!!! :D).
    Thanks.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • arkonite_babe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone :wave:

I'm going back to work on Monday and have been told I will have help all week so that's good. Trying to get my head round what I can do today. I'm NOT going to do any laundry as I almost wrecked myself yesterday trying to get it lift out of the WM.

Was feeling very sorry for myself last night and had a bit of a sniffly moment with DH. I think the last few months with me not being well finally caught up with me, that and feeling like no matter how much I do , people seem to keep taking more and more IYSWIM?
    I'm feeling a bit more positive today but am not going to try and do a whole heap of stuff, nor am I going to worry about it. Today I'm looking after me ;)

Impossible pie for tea tonight, was planned for last night but that got scuppered. Right now I'm in need of more :coffee:

Also off to do my daily clicks and catch up.

hug008.gif to everyone who needs them.

See you all later

ab x
  • arkonite_babe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Forgot to mention, the lemon drizzle cake turned out lovely. DH did say mind you he'd prefer it with custard :rolleyes: Men!!!
  • gin
    gin Posts: 260 Forumite
    Options
    wow it's afternoon already! hugs to anyone who needs or wants them - i'm free and easy with my hugs today!!!

today is a lovely day and i have a line full of washing. while my youngest slept in her buggy this morning, i changed mine and my girls' beds and started tidying. it was my eldest's birthday last wednesday - thanks to all those who wished her a happy birthday, she was tickled pink - and our house is still full of presents - both opened and unopened. mr gin and i got her a ds (pink, of course) and we were proclaimed 'genius!'. high praise indeed from a 6 year old.

middle daughter's best friend's grandmother has taken the two of them after playgroup this morning. she is such a kind woman, and i do feel that i cant repay her kindness in equal measure. i know she doesn't expect it, but i would like to do something. she's so thoughtful and intuitive. mr gin and i were discussing god parents for the upcoming baptism of the younger two, and i think i will be asking her. i hope she says yes.

anyway, i'm waffling now. i have also cleaned out the goldfish and sorted out the eldest's chest of drawers. how she manages to screw up the carefully ironed clothes in there so quickly i dont know.

best wishes to you all, especially penpin. cant wait to see your next mealplan thread!!!
  • BusyGirl
    BusyGirl Posts: 843 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hiya!:hello:

Hurray it's Friday! :j Hurray it's half-term! :j :j

I've not read the thread since tuesday so I hope that everyone is well.
    Big hugs to penpin, smoky, mrs mix and to anyone else who is poorly or feeling low.

I was in work this morning, but I was owed an afternoon off, so I'm going out soon to see DD1 in a show at her school. My lovely colleagues gave me a huge birthday card and had a collection for my 40th birthday which is next week. They handed me a tin full of notes and when I counted them, there was £85 there! We're only a small school so I was really touched. I've stuck it in a piggy bank in my wardrobe until I can think of something I'd really like to spend it on. :D

DH's headteacher is taking all of his staff to a pub with a free bar after school. It's a sort off thank you celebration for doing so well in their OFSTED the other week. I've told him not to go mad as he's got to take DD1 to orchestra in the morning. :rolleyes:
    Tonight's tea will be a lazy one of pizza and oven chips as it's friday. Tomorrow we're going to an evening wedding reception and the girls are sleeping over at my parent's house, so we get a lie-in too. :D
    Have a good rest of the day! :D
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Right, come on, own up

Who read my earlier post about Aldi yoghurts and then went and bought them all. I only managed to get one, and apparently they are having problems getting them, so had to have Muller Light toffee ones instead :D
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport