PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Friday 23rd May

Options

Comments

• Chrisca50
    Chrisca50 Posts: 965 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all

Back on here after a busy week. Son was taken into hospital on Monday with pnumonia :eek: He came out yesterday a little breathless still but definitely better and was told to stop smoking, perhaps he will give up permanently this time. So far so good :rolleyes: So between work, usual chores and visiting him at the hospital my feet haven't touched the ground much this week. Lets hope things settle down now what with him and DIL's problem pregnancy. Mind you that will be afer cooking loads of sausage rolls for DGD's birthday party on Monday, visiting my mum in London and taking her shopping. I think I will be glad when next week comes and I get back to work for a rest. :o

Hugs to everyone who needs one
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    chrisca50 - hope your son is ok, hugs

tattycath - i get the comps from the comps section on here, cant remember how many comps a day i enter, maybe 90, dont really count:D also do postcard entries, but all my wins have been online ones so far.

right got to go look for some recipes, keep getting sidetracked:D

susie
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kyle wrote: »
    tattycath - i get the comps from the comps section on here, cant remember how many comps a day i enter, maybe 90, dont really count:D also do postcard entries, but all my wins have been online ones so far.

susie
    Hi Kyle. Thanks for that. You mean you enter probably 90 competitions a day? How do you fit them all in?
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all

Thought the builder was coming today to replaster ceiling in the lounge but now it'll be Tuesday ! Relieved in a way but need to get the jobs done and it seems to be dragging on a bit. Oh well, such is life.

Hope you all have a good day
    Hugs ((((((((:o )))))))))))) to those who need them
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • dorry_2
    dorry_2 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    kyle wrote: »
    chrisca50 - hope your son is ok, hugs

right got to go look for some recipes, keep getting sidetracked:D

susie

susie, sorry to butt in on your thread, but I have won loads of stuff from postcards entries, they are all listed with the answers on this site

http://www.postalcomps.co.uk/postcard.htm

I used to get the post cards free from uni, they have a stand in most uni's near the student uni places where you can just get them free. I know you have to pay the price of the stamps, but I used to think I would spend that if I put the lottery on every week.

its a really good site hth :D
    'If you judge people, you have no time to love them'
    Mother Teresa :D
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Options
    dorry - butt in all you like:rotfl: thanks for the site, i love doing postal comps, ooh that reminds must put that on my list for costco, a big pack of stamps, thanks for reminder:beer: :D

susie
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone!

MrsMix - pam, hope all goes as well as can be expected for you and the family today, thinking of you xx

Not read the thread properly yet(apologies) - Ive been out and bought a pair of tap shoes (cheap ones half price in a closing down sale)£13- which will do for starting my tap classes after half term:j They also had a pair of Oxford Leather cuban heels with teletone taps for half price, but she didnt have the heel taps:o I was sorely tempted but I'd best not shell out too soon just in case people drop out and she doesn't continue the class - and if it does I will treat myself to a better pair later on.:D

Had my gym follow up last nite, and he's beefed up my programme abit - aww gawd!:o :rotfl: but no pain no gain eh!!!

Just got back and put a colour on my hair (seems to get quicker between colours now :rolleyes: ) so its time to go wash it off before I end up orange or something!:eek: :rotfl:

hope to pop back later!! ttfn
    Shez x
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Back from work now and thats me done till 4th June :T :T :D;) :cool: :T :rotfl: :j :j :j

Mrs Mix, hope all went well today xx

Got an hour before I collect dd, I COULD, hoover through, mop floors, clean bathroom or start dinner, but NO I am going to treat myslef to an hour surfing, the housework can b****y well wait till tomorrow :D

Pen Pen, I assume it was you who sorted out my c**k up from this morning :o , thank you :A

Martyn, ....????? put ya jooooooooles down and post, we are starting to worry ;)
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Options
    tattycath wrote: »
    Hi Kyle. Thanks for that. You mean you enter probably 90 competitions a day? How do you fit them all in?

:rotfl: no idea, doesnt take as long as some people think though, i use a form filler and that saves loads of time:D

susie
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all - another hectic day although I had promised myself a quiet relaxing one. DS2 has been here most of the day jet-washing his car and his bride-to-be's car - his had lots of blobs of tree sap all over it and the jet-wash didn't take them off - along comes Mum-the-MSE-Old-Styler with her magical mix of bicarb and water and it's come off a treat. In fact, it worked where the T-Cut didn't and it's a lot cheaper. He's well impressed with the results and slightly in awe of me, now!

Anyway, I had to go shopping while he was here and he has raided the fridge and food cupboards and left his cleaning cloths everywhere and tramped in and out of the kitchen with dirty shoes; I would have moaned like you-know-what if he had done that while he was still living here but today I just smiled indulgently and thought how nice it is to have him back for a few hours, mess or not! I still miss him - he's my own lovely 26 year old, about-to-get-married, baby!

Anyway, DH and one of his sub-contractors popped in earlier this morning so that held me up as well - I had intended to get out quite early but it wasn't to be. Anyway, food has been bought, paid for (yikes!!) and put away. DS2 and I have had his favourite snack - sardines on toast, followed by some HM cake, and he has a loaf of HM bread to take home with him. I shall have to wash the floor once he's gone but I don't mind that; I've enjoyed his company so much.

PAM -I do hope things have gone as well as can be expected for you and your family; I've been thinking of you today.

Welcome to Dutchy and Jackk - glad you have joined us!

CHRISCA - how worrying for you; I do hope your DS is on the mend.

NITHA - we all have horrid days like thatl (((Hugs))) to you.

TWINK - thanks for letting us know about PenPin - I bet she can't wait to get back home. I know I'm looking forward to her posts once she's well enough.

TATTYCATH - I go through phases of entering comps on here but have only won a stapler (and that wasn't really a comp!); it helps to download RoboForm because it fills in the online forms for you. There's a free version which is all I use - it saves a lot of typing! I really should some more - now wonder I don't win anything!

IVYLEAF - I loved that sig that you posted - brilliant!

DORRY - thanks for the link to the postcard comps - I shall have a good look at that later.

Anyway, off for now; see you all later.

KathyXX

Well, I suppose I'd better go and do something.
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family