PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Friday 23rd May

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lyndseyann wrote: »
    Im happy since picking DD1 from school - She got a certificate for her gymnastics and it was presented to her in assembly this morning :j :j :j :j so she was really happy,and it made me happy :D:D:D she said "its because i took part :T " and it was nice to hear those words. wiggle.gifwiggle.gif

Thanks again everyone for caring xxx

Shes round her friends house now for her tea with a big grin on her face :D

Aaaw, bless her little heart! :A :T :T :T
  • Evilspartacus
    Options
    ivyleaf wrote: »
    Hi there, Evilspartacus! Welcome to the Daily thread!

Hi thanks for the welcome.

I must say that this is one of The best forums on the interwebs.

Full of quality advice and quality members.

And i look forward to taking part more than i have previously.
    Grow your own you know it makes sense.
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DORRY - thanks so much for the other links and for explaining the 'ppe' for me! I have loads to look at now!

REDRUBY - enjoy your time off - let the housew**k go hang for now!

Welcome EVILSPARTACUS - what a name!! You'll enjoy it here!

LYNDSEYANNE - oh, bless her little cotton socks! I'm so glad she has got a certificate - as they say 'it's the taking part that matters' - well done to her!

CANDYGIRL - I can understand how mad you must feel. (((Hugs))) to you.

Well, I only sat down with a cuppa for 'five minutes' and must have dozed off for about half an hour! Still, I don't have to cook - fish and chips from the chippie for tea - it's been months since we've done that!

MARTYN - put 'ya Julie' down for just five minutes and let us know how you are?!!

See you all later.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies.
    Well I came home to spend some time with my girlies and... they've gone to see their friends-so While it's quiet I'm going to take a cup of tea up to bed and have a kip-I've been yawning all day.
    Eldest DD felt better this morning after a couple of hours so she went into school after break-bless her.
    (((hugs))) to all who need or want one. Thanks for the links Dorry-:A
    I've been toying with the idea of comping but that's as far as I've got. I know the feeling about receiving parcels etc through the post. When I buy things off the net I get excited when they arrive-I am so sad I even get a kick out of opening free samples-how sad is that...

I'll get my coat now.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    tattycath wrote: »
    Hi Kyle. Thanks for that. You mean you enter probably 90 competitions a day? How do you fit them all in?

cause i do all her ironing thats why ;):D

welcome jackk and evilspartacus
    lyndseyann that was lovely that your dd got a certificate, she deserved it
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Options
    twink wrote: »
    cause i do all her ironing thats why ;):D
    lyndseyann that was lovely that your dd got a certificate, she deserved it
    Twink where did you say you live again??? lmao :D
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    welcome jackk evilspartacus and Dutchy :j

lyndseyann, good for your DD, glad she is a bit happier now

Kathy, I did sit for a while, but then picked up DD from school, came home prepared dinner, got washing in, put another load on, and watered garden, :rolleyes: still, i am sitting again now, waiting for dinner.

OH is going to be late, he has gone off to look at 7 :eek: tea chests of old cameras, that someone said he could have, I have told him not to bring them home, my house is too small, but he might make some money off of them, which would be great, so if he wants them he will have to take them to work.

Going to crack open a bottle of wine after eastenders tonight :beer: , anyone care to join me ? :D

Rzl, enjoy the rest of your week, xx
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Count me in Ruby, mind you, a bottle of wine is 28 syns :eek: and I'm only allowed 5 - 15, so you had better make sure you get your half :D
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Count me in Ruby, mind you, a bottle of wine is 28 syns :eek: and I'm only allowed 5 - 15, so you had better make sure you get your half :D

No danger there then :D:D , I will sacrifice myself for the sake of your waistline, will think about mine on monday ;)
  • pink.1970
    pink.1970 Posts: 512 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome all newbies.:wave:

At last I've managed to get here. Have been out at DD's helping ( i think i did most of it) her to make a birthday cake for her future MIL she's going to be 40 so DD wanted to make a 40 cake. Finally got home around 3.40 left DD with a bit of washing up to do yeah right i bet its still there tomorrow!! :rotfl: :rotfl: we've iced it in baby pink and decorated with silver balls and a pair of cute little silver shoes, and a white ribbon with hearts on. I'm sure MIL will be pleased with it.

So i'm a little behind with everything at my own place, glad i did washing earlier on, its gone a bit dull here. Spoke to my little sister in Huthwaite and she said it was raining all i could hear was my nephew feeding/crying, she said he's now 14lbs at 9 weeks old.

Not much else going on.....sausages, egg, and homemade wedges for tea when OH gets in, supposed to be going out to sort out the rally venue for the bike club but we'll see.

hugs to all in need.
    :p PinkPunkBird :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family