PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Big Badger House (aka Noisy Lodger) HE'S GONE!

Options

Comments

• BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    Can't wait to hear about EstuaryBlokeLodger!
  • essexgal
    essexgal Posts: 2,353 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    He sounds like an open, friendly guy with a London / Essex accent.

Gets my vote! :rotfl:

essexgal
    ;)old enough to know better, young enough not to care;)
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    Well number 8 has won! He's coming round to do the paperwork tonight, then moving in on Friday. He seemed a bit bowled over by the house, a big fan of quirkiness and a DIY decorating hobbyist.

He's not from London/Essex at all, he's from the channel islands. And he's like a bigger version of ChattyLodger - honestly looks like his larger brother, it's hilarious! And, unbelivably, he's MORE chatty. ChattyLodger could hardly get a word in edgeways and I was just watching them both go at it.
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    Oh dear, I hope the pair of them together don't drive you bonkers!

So, is this chap going to be nicknamed VeryChattyLodger or CILodger or what?
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    Fingers crossed they'll just entertain each other and I can go back to my own little life :grin:

I don't know about a name... what do you reckon?
  • donnaessex
    Options
    Bigbruvlodger!
    :o Trying to become debt free but this site makes me spend a fortune!!! :o
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well BigBruvLodger moves in properly tonight... is it weird that I'm slightly dreading it? As wonderful as he is, I'm worn out and just want to read / get an early night but I know he'll be there chatting! :rotfl:

He came to pay his deposit on Wednesday and stayed three hours... I did no ironing at all.
  • loracan1
    loracan1 Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm just sorry Hot Gardener Man didn't get back in touch.
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    OK I need to vent. This update starts positively but goes downhill...

BigBruvLodger moved in as planned and quickly made himself at home. On his first night, ChattyLodger made him dinner and they had a good old bonding session... Then I brought a bottle of whisky old and all three of us stayed up for proper drinking and chatting all night, getting on like a house on - er, well a house full of lodgers.

ChattyLodger finished clearing the garden out and BigBruvLodger asked to join my theatre group so he could help me make props. We're like a little family :)

Now, I've never pretended to be the tidiest person in the world but:
    1. Last week the guys were watching telly when I came home. I struggled to walk through the kitchen thanks to a pile of 5 tied-up carrier bags on the floor. "Are these rubbish", I asked. "Yes". "OK, I'll pop them up to the wheelie bin then." Chatty Lodger protested, saying "I thought the cleaner did that", at which point BigBruvLodger laughed out loud and I explained that the cleaner only comes once a week and that it makes sense to remove rubbish in between.

2. Again last week, the guys took it upon themselves to fix my cross trainer. They took it out to the patio and discovered that an internal thread was bust, which they told me when I got home. Well, later that night I went out the back door to call the cat in my pyjamas and noticed that the cross-trainer was still out there, along with an open box full of spare parts for my van (alternator, starter motor... Couple of hundred quids' worth). Although it was a clear night and I was tired, I tucked everything half into the outside loo, and sure enough the following morning it rained. Well two days ago I returned from a short holiday and asked ChattyLodger where that stuff was now. None of it had moved. Hmm.

3. The final straw for me, and even if I wasn't vegetarian I think it would be bad... Couple of nights ago I got home to the guys watching telly and noticed a chicken bone on the floor so I laughed and said "what's that doing here?". BigBruv explained that Chatty had been giving the cat bits of his dinner. That's cool - the cat's never been overweight so I don't mind him having treats. I resisted asking him to pick up the bone, assuming he'd do it on his way to bed. Well last night I got in at 1am and couldn't believe what I saw! There were piles of filthy crockery, pans etc full of food, rubbish left in a pile on the side and chicken bones all over the floor in the kitchen, living room and hallway.

Well, I've since spoken to BigBruvLodger and between us we've squarely placed the blame on ChattyLodger, although bless him he tried to suggest maybe the old cat had fished the bones out of the bin.

The question is: how do you teach a 39-yr-old man to live like a human being instead of a beast???
  • Running_On_Empty
    Options
    I'm so glad you've returned to the thread, albeit with problems.

Wondered where you'd gone and hoped you hadn't eloped !

I think you may have to adopt a slightly different persona from the usual laid back Badger Lady and let these blokes know that you are definitely not amused.

Chicken bones are very bad for cats, or so it's said, so on that score I would read them the riot act, in nicest possible way of course.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure