PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Big Badger House (aka Noisy Lodger) HE'S GONE!

Options

Comments

• ariarnia
    ariarnia Posts: 4,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    you could always discuss them paying a little extra and having the cleaner come in more often?
    Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. Anne Lamott

It's amazing how those with a can-do attitude and willingness to 'pitch in and work' get all the luck, isn't it?

Please consider buying some pet food and giving it to your local food bank collection or animal charity. Animals aren't to blame for the cost of living crisis.
  • Tea3
    Tea3 Posts: 460 Forumite
    Options
    ariarnia wrote: »
    you could always discuss them paying a little extra and having the cleaner come in more often?

I think thats a good idea, maybe if the guys know it will be costing THEM more cash they will start to pick up after themselves.

PS - am near wetting myself here - hubby came in and asked "are you on the kindle forum again chasing up delivery" - I replied, "no, this is about big badger's house", hubby who knows I am a sucker for waifs n stray animals went out room yelling (deadly serious) "your NOT getting a badger"!!!!!!:rotfl:
    Some People Live & Learn, Some People Just Live...
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    Heehee! :grin: Tea, I could just imagine the situation!

I may well bring up the idea of extra cleaning. I can't see BigBruv going for it though - he's the sort of chap who'd rather do a houseclean every week than pay for one. It would be £80 a month to have one extra visit per week!
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • Brb
    Brb Posts: 472 Forumite
    Options
    I think having a cleaner at all has gone to their heads.

I'd love to have a cleaner but knowing me I'd tidy up before they arrived (because I'm strange like that lol).
    Inside this body lays one of a skinny woman
    but I can usually shut her up with chocolate!

When I thank a post in a thread I've not posted in,
    it means that I agree with that post and have nothing further to add.
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I wouldn't leave them any notes (looks like you are too scared to tell them face to face)

nor would I talk about a cleaner tbh.

Just a chat over the kettle next time you are in the kitchen together, nothing formal. just say it like it is - you'd prefer it if they tidied/cleaned up each night before they go off to bed since you think it is not pleasant to come down next morning to an untidy room.

simples
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    Ta Spirit!

That's pretty much what we've done since... last night for example I picked up a pile of rubbish from the side and said "What's this then? Let's have a look... oo, that's rubbish, that's rubbish, that's rubbish... shall I pop it in the bin?". ChattyLodger nodded along, said "Yep, bin" and watched me drop it in there. So that's proof he knows! :rotfl:

Of course then we sat down and looked at some photos of his kids, and I told him he was my favourite lodger which caused giggles all round when BigBruv objected :wink:
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    News flash! ChattyLodger rang earlier to say he's moving out... Tomorrow! He's not expecting a refund of rent / deposit so I've got some time to find a replacement...
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow thats quick! Hope you can find someone new [STRIKE]to keep us entertained[/STRIKE] to take the room soon!
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    Is this the quickest turnaround ever?

At 1pm, ChattyLodger informed me of his leaving.
    At 1am, ChattyLodger was gone
    At 10am, I posted the advert back up on spareroom.co.uk
    At 10:30am, a potential lodger called and left me an answerphone message

I just called her back and she said, "I'll take it! I want it, please let me move in!". I've told her to hold her horses and come view it on Saturday...
  • Lisey_Loo
    Options
    Can we call the new lady SpeedyGonzalesLodger? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure