PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Big Badger House (aka Noisy Lodger) HE'S GONE!

Options

Comments

• Badger_Lady
    Options
    Chill out Mad! :grin:
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    These kinds of irritations can often happen when you get new people in can't ghey B_L.

Nip it in the bud would be my advice. I aslo agree about not letting puddy have cooked chicken bones, they splinter into little shards which get stuck in their throat. Raw ones don't do this so are ok I'm led to believe.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    Thanks for the advice about bones! I've passed it on. It's never been an issue before since the only chicken bones I had were inside live chickens :rotfl:

I left a strongly-worded note in the kitchen, though fortunately the cleaner came on Friday anyway. I pretty much just spoke to BigBruvLodger who passed the messages on to ChattyLodger... it's easy that way 'cos BigBruv can play the old "Ah, the landlady wants..." line without anyone confronting one another.

Anyway, I've got a little bit obsessive about cleanliness in the meantime, so all weekend the kitchen's been spotless and I even changed the layout of the living room and tidied up the dining room so the house is in lovely order at the moment. Everyone's agreed that we should "keep it this way"! :grin:
  • poppysarah
    poppysarah Posts: 11,522 Forumite
    Options
    The question is: how do you teach a 39-yr-old man to live like a human being instead of a beast???

you have until he's 40 and then its too late...
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    Naughty backsliding ChattyLodger! Top marks for getting on top of this but I would try to advise you against leaving notes. Very passive/aggressive.

I think the next time you are home you should read Chatty and BigBruv the Riot Act. There's absolutely no excuse, especially as you have a cleaner coming in as well.
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    Naughty backsliding ChattyLodger! Top marks for getting on top of this but I would try to advise you against leaving notes. Very passive/aggressive.

It read:

"Dudes! We have to start looking after this kitchen - dirty plates, food on the floor... untidy is one thing but this is unhygenic. Cleaner only comes once a week!"

Catch your point... everyone seems pretty laid back though, think we got awway with it this time :)
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    Eh, I think the real problem might be that you appear to be a bit too laid-back, so they think you won't mind. Tell them you'll withdraw their basement rec-room rights if they start back-sliding into squalor
  • Dianejoy
    Options
    I agree with house rules. Written perhaps rather than just talking and as I have a lodger also, keeping the noise down is essential to all around.
    Good luck
  • Running_On_Empty
    Options
    You'll have to be their mother until they learn how to behave nicely in your house! :D

Feel sure this is a role you don't want.
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    You'll have to be their mother until they learn how to behave nicely in your house! :D

Feel sure this is a role you don't want.

You're right there!

I felt just like a mother asking her teenage boys to please put their toys away from the patio! I kept thinking "I won't do it for them or they'll never learn".

I finally put them away yesterday afternoon :o Well, I had to - they were in the way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport