PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Big Badger House (aka Noisy Lodger) HE'S GONE!

Options
1306307308309310312»

Comments

• Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Slinky wrote: »
    Something made me think of this thread today, are you still around Badger_Lady?

What was it that made you think of it?
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Okay, let's fill in the gaps...

The young lady who moved in was great and turned out to be very active in the local churches, so we can call her ChristianLodger. The older man, DivorcedLodger only lasted a month or two before he had to leave - despite redecoration and recarpeting of the house, his cat allergies kept firing off! So he was replaced with another local man who works as a cleaner.

ChristianLodger and JanitorLodger did not get on. He accused her of being some kind of prostitute because she used multiple first names... in the meantime she became convinced that he was a !!!!!phile. To be fair, the police did raid the house, confiscate his laptop / mobile and conduct a full investigation, but the decided not to pursue any charges.

So ChristianLodger moved out and for a while JanitorLodger was on his own. He's not the sharpest tool in the box, so he was sometimes a bit inappropriate in the way he spoke to me or others... but he's also easy to correct. A quick telling off and he's good as gold.

Last month he surprised me by coming home with the news that "I've just returned from an audition for The Voice" - turns out he was the only amateur singer in his group to get all the way to the final stage! But he won't be televised.

Finally, I got a taker for the other room... a man moving down from Scotland for a job here in Wales, first time away from home. He took the room 'unseen', based on a few photos and a Skype conversation, and seems to be settling in well!
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What was it that made you think of it?

I saw your name on a mortgage free in 3 list which reminded me of your tenants thread which I always found amusing.

Are you back in the UK now?
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport