PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Big Badger House (aka Noisy Lodger) HE'S GONE!

Options

Comments

• Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK, since 8 is still in Italy, 2 and 5 have been officially invited and have accepted :T

Moving in next week!
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yayyyy!!

I was rooting for 2. Awful having to live in a shared house with young lads when he's living apart from his family. Feel sorry for the poor bloke :(
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
  • gazter
    gazter Posts: 931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ellie2758 wrote: »
    yayyyy!!

I was rooting for 2. Awful having to live in a shared house with young lads when he's living apart from his family. Feel sorry for the poor bloke :(

No 2 sounds like a sad story though. Would he gel with other younger lodgers?

I seem to have two ideal lodgers at the moment. One is a police officer who is studying for a PhD and the other is a newly qualified doctor on his first rotation at the local hospital. Both under 25. Both chilled, tidy and respectful.
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    Ooooooooooooooooooo! Neighbour argument goin' down on Facebook...
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Ooooooooooooooooooo! Neighbour argument goin' down on Facebook...

With one of the new housemates?
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    spirit wrote: »
    With one of the new housemates?

No, between me and one of my neighbours of eight years :undecided

My family have driven over to help me do the decorating this week... and my Dad had to pick up some carpets etc so he brought his campervan.

Next thing I know - my neighbour and all her mates are having a shouting rant on Facebook about 'the !!!!!!!! campervan outside!!!', threatening to smash it up, flatten the tyres and set fire to it! :eek:
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

The choices:

1. A 23-yr-old girl who's very keen, big bright personality, may have the potential to be bossy (?). She has a boyfriend and they stay with one another a lot but he wouldn't be 'moving in' (contributing to the bills). However she is keen to wallpaper her room with her decorator Dad's help.
    Pushy/annoying, will probably want to push the boundaries/dominate... and flounce/rant when doesn't get own way.

2. A 44-yr-old man who's divorced and goes to see his kids in the next town every other weekend. He's very quiet and seems laid back, the type to keep to himself. He's in a shared house at the moment but finds his young male housemates a bit too boisterous.
    Will end up having feral kids practically living there every other weekend instead. Stroppy, annoying, "bored" kids... loaded with sugary snacks and kicking the cat.
    3. A Slovakian couple in their early-mid twenties with a 7-yr-old labrador. I've only met the girl, who seemed very sweet and very grateful but for whom English was a big of a struggle. They would be moving in as a couple and therefore paying a bit extra.
    Language barriers when it comes to rules/what's "the norm" and problems mean this one's probably not great.
    4. A girl in her late twenties with a very strong personality - independent and enthusiastic, working locally.
    Sounds OK
    5. Another girl in her late twenties with a lovely aura - seems sweet, laid-back (not a party type) and has a strong sense of responsibility. She was worried about having enough storage space to keep all her clothes.
    Sounds OK
    6. A lady in her late forties, divorced and going through some lifestyle changes. She was slightly standoffish, made a big deal about how she was looking at several other houses and didn't express any particular fondness for mine.
    Probably didn't expect to be in this position at her age - wants to sound professional, but is scared of the next 1-2 years. Sounds OK.
    7. A 21-yr-old man who seems very mature and sensible, but is moving out from his Mum's house for the first time. He's a local boy with a girlfriend - they both work in a factory.
    Partaaaay!!!!! Won't have a CLUE that fairies don't magically fill/clean the fridge or empty/clean the bin. No chance.
    8. A 31-yr-old Italian man who's moving to the UK to study photography as a mature student at the University.
    Sounds OK, but might become annoying if he starts leaving all the kit around the house.
    9. Three Spanish deliverymen who're currently living in a 5-bedroom house nearby and fancy moving. I've pointed out that there are only two bedrooms available here and they said 'yeah we know' :-/
    If three can go into two rooms .... six can. Nope.
    There were a couple more who didn't show up - this is just the shortlist haha!

Just a miserable old person's perspective.
  • Lisey_Loo
    Options
    Tell them from me that they're heathens for not appreciating the sight of a lovely camper van!

My boyfriend has one & they rock!! :j

Stupid neighbours...
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    They were threatening to 'set fire to it and all the gypsies in it' :eek:
  • Lisey_Loo
    Options
    What the hell???!! That's disgusting, what is their problem?!!

Bet you're glad you'll be far away from them soon...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure