PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Big Badger House (aka Noisy Lodger) HE'S GONE!

Options

Comments

• Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Farzackerly that really sucks :-(
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • marmitequeen
    Options
    marmitequeen looks around. omg, it's Saturday. It was Friday when I found this thread. Have to return to real world. BadgerWorld is so absorbing... phew!

lovin' your work, BL!
    x
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    RIGHT!

PhileasLodger is moving in on Monday - he's got a mattress and I've posted on Freecycle for a bed. He's older than I expected - late 30's, approaching 40 - and is a right chatterbox! We were talking for half an hour this morning and he kept chatting on the phone too!

MysteryLodger is fi-i-it. Very nice indeed. Late 20's, I'd guess, and a professional gardener for a swanky hotel. He has to give notice to his last house, so will wait for ClumsyLodger to move out and have her room (which is already fully furnished). I like him lots. And he says he'll sort out my weeds :grin:
  • Googlewhacker
    Googlewhacker Posts: 3,887 Forumite
    Options
    RIGHT!

PhileasLodger is moving in on Monday - he's got a mattress and I've posted on Freecycle for a bed. He's older than I expected - late 30's, approaching 40 - and is a right chatterbox! We were talking for half an hour this morning and he kept chatting on the phone too!

MysteryLodger is fi-i-it. Very nice indeed. Late 20's, I'd guess, and a professional gardener for a swanky hotel. He has to give notice to his last house, so will wait for ClumsyLodger to move out and have her room (which is already fully furnished). I like him lots. And he says he'll sort out my weeds :grin:

And the bush? :p
    The Googlewhacker referance is to Dave Gorman and not to my opinion of the search engine!

If I give you advice it is only a view and always always take professional advice before acting!!!

4 people on the ignore list....Bliss!
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    And the bush? :p

Oh, I couldn't break the golden rule. No, really I couldn't. Nope.
  • Farzackerly
    Options
    Farzackerly that really sucks :-(
    Oh, it did.
    A particularly nasty piece of work in the Council had a bee in her bonnet - basically, all landlords were scum, in her view, and anyone who told her where to get off became a target. You can guess what my response to her was :mad:
    It went to court and I was fined - but I told the judge exactly what I thought of him/them, left the country and they didn't get a penny - stuff'em. :rotfl: I'd had enough of the festering hole the country had become by that time anyway, and I never looked back.
  • jenevieve
    jenevieve Posts: 564 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :DI've just spent an entertaining few hours on-and-off reading through the whole thread.
    Really funny at times and your lodgers have provided great comic material (as well as great stress too at times).

You are obviously an eternal optimist Badger and a all-round lovely person.

Have subscribed now so looking forward to keeping up with your adventures....
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    Official DMP Mutual Support member 262
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    And he's in!

PhileasLodger turned up early this evening, so I've finished clearing out his room and kitchen cupboard, and he's upstairs making it into his home as we speak :) He did seem a bit put out when I declined his offer of dinner out, but I'm sure he's fine really!

I've also told him all about MysteryLodger and you'll never guess what? He doesn't start work 'till Thursday so he's insisted on finishing the grouting in my bathroom and helping MysteryLodger to de-weed my garden!

Oh, I like having boys in...

ClumsyLodger isn't home from work yet, so they'll meet later :wink:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on the weeding :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    Should we update their names when they move in, or stick with the temporary ones? I like ChattyLodger for this one - he doesn't 'alf rabbit!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport