PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Big Badger House (aka Noisy Lodger) HE'S GONE!

Options

Comments

• Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK, so maybe I am soft...

I didn't run into Lodger1 last night (I was busy) until 11pm when he appeared in the kitchen in just his boxers. He'd had a really tough day, with his wife witholding access to his daughter etc...

He didn't offer me the rent :mad: but I didn't evict him either :rolleyes:.

It's not that I'm scared of him personally, it's just so engrained into my life to make other people as happy as possible. And I don't think I'm about to make him happy!

Where can I get a pair of balls?

P.S. yes, I just wrote "one months' notice from either party" in the Houseshare Agreement, based on the fact that that's how frequently the rent is paid. However, if both parties agree, early termination is possible.
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Badger _Lady, really, enough is enough. your other lodger is uncomfortable: in trying to not make lodger on unhappy you are making lodger 2 so.

Lodger 2 clone will need to live somewhere if he's looking now and Lodger ones one month notice period gets more and more drawn out.

You do not run a successful SME not aying on time, nor get access to child if support payment is late.....not saying that thats the case here, just pointing out that something here really doesn't add up.
  • poppysarah
    poppysarah Posts: 11,522 Forumite
    Options
    You just need to get on with it.

What sob story will he give you next? The dog ate your rent money?
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    Brilliant, thanks guys!

We've just had the following text exchange:

Badger: Are you around tonight?
    Lodger1: Is everything OK?
    Badger: Yeah fine, but could do with a chat.
    Lodger1: Sounds ominous! Lol... should be back around 9pm...

So that's it, appointment made! Of course, in my previous experience, he never turns up to appointments... but if he's not in the living room by 10pm he's getting evicted by text (I know he recently sacked someone by text).

Decision made, people!!!
  • zebulon
    zebulon Posts: 677 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sending you postive waves mmmmmhhhhhhhh

got them?
  • Badger_Lady
    Options
    zebulon wrote: »

got them?

Wooooe! Careful - you nearly hit the vase of flowers! ;)

He just sent another text saying "you've got me worried now". He sooo knows what's coming...
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    11pm when he appeared in the kitchen in just his boxers.
    And people think you only get dividends with a shares investment :)
  • clutton_2
    clutton_2 Posts: 11,149 Forumite
    Options
    ""when he appeared in the kitchen in just his boxers."" - dredges thru memory cells to see if i can find prototype of this image ......................... shame ... no can find .......

pls dont evict him by text - you're a much bigger and better person than that BL !!
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Where can I get a pair of balls?
    It's been awhile for me, but I think those boxers would have been a good starting place.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :rolleyes:
    Brilliant, thanks guys!
    (I know he recently sacked someone by text).

Decision made, people!!!

This guy sounds more and more charming :rolleyes: mature :rolleyes: and responsible:rolleyes: .

Good luck Badger_Lady. Plese let someone besides people on a discussion board, know you are having a potentially confrontational situation in yur home tonight :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure